WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
naddi
Hey there! My name is Nadin and I'm from Germany. My responsibility lies with the graphics as well as the advertisment of this lovely site. Apart from that I'm lingering in the shadows and be there when no one expects me. But no worries, I do not bite (hard). Joke aside, I'm well-bred and have manners. I love harmony and try to maintain it in every aspect of what I do. I love to brainstorm before jumping into a thread so there will be absolutly no reason for you to be shy. Just write me a pm or meet me on discord! When I'm not around then it's because I'm at work (shifts), I'm dead or our time zones are way too far apart.
maggie
Hi! Maggie here, the moderator around these parts. Some of you might remember me from Believe In Heroes, or BIH to go by the site's acronym. My job lies squarely with the site layout and aesthetic, as well as advertising. I work as a Legal Secretary, and I live in Ireland, so my presence around the board might be spotty, but I will be hovering at various intervals. What do I bring to Infinite Dreams? A love of writing, and particularly, story telling. I also have all this useless Norse mythology knowledge that makes me the best equipped to deal with all them pesky Aesir, Vanir and whatever else might wander into the site, so if you have any questions about that area of things, hit me up either by PM or on Discord at madmaggie#6538.

Add Reply
New Poll

Dreams of Mirrors, Do You Want To Know A Secret PLOT
EMMA FROST
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 06:33 AM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
48 posts
Eagle
alias

971 WORDS
NOTES: It Sucks, I know...
Bow Down To Your Queen
“We are honored with your visit, Mrs. Frost, but we were not told you were coming.” The Director of Research and Development for the World Security Council said as he waved away the security check-ups and guided Emma and her entourage into the building. Just like that, Emma managed to avoid any scanning or other detectors, which could have posed a problem otherwise because of one of the persons accompanying her. Loki might have been using that delicious Regan form he seemed fond of, but that would not have worked if they had to go through the scanning process. Emma knew this well... those systems were made by her company. Frost International was one of the companies that had massive contracts with the WSC, especially in the field of computer systems and electronics. They were also used as part of the cleanup not only in New York but also in Washington during the fall of SHIELD and in Sokovia. This afford her a bit of preferential treatment, not to mention that she had influence over several Senators and Congressmen in the Intelligence Committees on both the House and the Senate. The benefits of the Hellfire Club.

“Worry not, Director. An oversight on the part of my unruly assistant. I should punish her. But alas, she might enjoy it. She is such a naughty redhead.” She said in that overly flirtatious tone, her British accented voice almost singing. That too was calculated. Emma's overcharged way of speaking and behaving either made people uncomfortable or made them have their imagination run wild. Either way, it served her. The less focused the fool was, the best for them to accomplish why they were there for. “Thank you for allowing me to bring my two associates. This is Mrs. Regan Roberts and Mrs. Monet St. Croix. We are here to inspect the inter-connectivity among the new systems installed a few months ago.” She said matter-of-factly. although she could notice right away that the man had doubts. Why would the Owner and CEO of one of the most powerful multinationals in the world would come to the WSC building to do that sort of things herself and not send a team of techies to do it?

Emma could have easily just use her powers and make the fool do whatever she wished, but it was much more fun to try and convince him using conventional methods. “I know what you are thinking...” She literally did. “Why me? Well, you see, I have never been here and wanted to see the system we created for you with my own eyes. Mrs. St. Croix here is an expert in quantum physics and Mrs. Roberts in electronics. They are also good to look at, are they not? I only surround myself with the best.” She ran her hand over 'Regan's' face. That was hilarious... Loki an electronics expert. She was still trying to teach him how to use the cellphone she got him, although he was fascinated by the camera, which he had used a lot when they have been... well... doing stuff. She smiled when the man started stuttering a bit. “I... I... I would need authorization from... eh... the Council. You see, those systems...” Emma cut him off. Were made by my company. Come now, Director... Do you want me to contact Councilor Malick or Secretary Ross?” That did the trick. The man knew how influential Emma was, especially considering that he himself has been in the Club and... well... have behaved a bit naughty.

He nodded and guided them to the tech area when Emma felt something. Felt a series of somethings. Different brainwaves, two... no... four mutant minds. But wait, there was more. Another... alien... brainwave, but this one was very, very, very familiar to her, and three that were normal but at the same time enhanced, two of them outside. She stretched her psionic powers farther... outside the building, in a van... another weird brainwave, this one was hard to catalog. Something was not right. She tapped into Loki's and Monet's mind through the mind-link she had created with both of them. “You can sense them too, do you?” Just in case, she increased their abilities using a psionic technique called 'Neural Jumpstart' which was the ability to increase the speed of neural signals in the brain, which allows her to increase another mutant or superhuman powers to incredible levels. It was a temporary effect, but it was enough for the time being. She wanted the other two to sense exactly what she was sensing.

When they reached the site, she decided that there was no time for games. She took hold of the Director's mind and commanded him to leave, and to not allow anyone to disturb them. Once that was done, she sauntered towards a terminal and typed a code. “For an organization with the word 'Security' in its name, they sorely lack it. When my company made these systems, they made sure to put an undetectable code into it, one that only I can access. The silly people here never thought that could be done.” She said and begin searching into the system. “Worry not, my love. We would find out what happened to your Scepter soon enough. But those brainwaves I sensed... there could be a nuisance. Something is afoot and we need to move fast. Monet, be ready to go with Loki once I find out where the Scepter is located. Also, track those brainwaves and tell me what they are doing, I have to focus on this.” She said and pulled 'Regan' to her, giving Loki a lick on his lips. “Isn't this exciting?” She smiled at him.

On Your Knees, Darling...
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
LOKI LAUFEYSON
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 05:52 PM
Alien
online status
codename
40 posts
maggie
alias

THE TONGUES OF LIARS

Even in the form of Regan, the name the Lady Minerva had attributed to his female guise, Loki’s eyes devoured everything in his surroundings. The trickster might have spent the better part of a year within S.H.I.E.L.D prior to the invasion of New York, but he remained enamoured by a great many things the middle world had to offer, all of which he blamed on his curious nature. For all of ten minutes upon entering the building, his emerald eyes, which remained a part of his physiology in his current shape, drank in everything around him. Asgard’s technology might have been considered advanced, but Midgard’s remained beyond him, and he couldn’t help his wandering eyes as a result, even the ceiling above him held his attention as he walked through the complex.

He wasn’t alone. The Lady Emma had led him on this endeavour, and her so-called White Bishop had joined their efforts, the purpose of which had been to get a measure of the technology his White Queen had leant the government body, and whether or not said technology was functioning within a satisfactory capacity. Loki didn’t know one way or another, so mystified was he by everything in his vicinity. This was, perhaps, the first time he had ventured into territories unknown, so often was he the one that knew a great deal more about their environment than others in his party. In Nornheim, for example, he was considered a valuable asset, given the principality’s reliance on magic.

This, however, was unknown territory completely, and he was exhilarated by it. Loki did have a taste for the unknown, at least, he was driven by that which he did not know, and wanted to learn more about in turn. It seemed that Midgard was the place to be for just such an experience. He was particularly intrigued by the Lady Emma, and the way in which she wrapped the government official around her finger, and if his own psionic abilities were not mistaken, without relying on her own skills in such a field entirely. It was impressive, to say the least, but the female form always seemed more capable of drawing information, as if it were poison from a wound in ways the alternative had yet to develop a grasp of.

Second names were a norm he had yet to entirely grasp, and the second name ‘Roberts’ certainly remained beyond his grasp. People had titles where he came from, but not second names, unless they ended with a ‘son’, or ‘dottir’. One of his brothers was the God of War, another was the God of Thunder, and so on, and so forth. He had another brother that was the so-called ‘God of Light’, and another that was the (ridiculously named) ‘God of Poetry’. They all had titles, and yet, only his own, and that of Thor’s made much sense. Tyr, insofar as he himself had known, had hardly been involved in any battles of significance, and Balder? Frankly, he was as much good as a feather mattress, useful for a night’s sleep, and nothing much besides. As for Bragi? He had made his feelings clear on his brother quite a number of times for others to be able to quote him from memory.

At least, Balder had abilities that allowed him to emit rays of light, and Bragi was better versed with a pen and paper than anything else, but Tyr? Loki could literally only recall one instance of notoriety with his elder brother before he was crippled, and it was the instance that led him to becoming crippled as well, where he had lost an arm, and lost it to Fenrir as well. How anyone worshipped him, the trickster did not know. Tyr had, literally, gotten it into his head one day to place his arm inside the mouth of a ravenous wolf, and that same ravenous wolf had bitten it off and devoured it. If anything, that only made Fenrir better known than it made Tyr known, at least, in the trickster’s eyes. It was the one instance that he could claim made him a proud father.

It wasn’t the numerous brainwaves Loki detected that drew his attention away from their current undertaking, but a specific one, a singular one, and one that was infinite in ways the Lady Emma’s could never hope to be. The trickster knew it, and almost immediately, he focussed on its signature, and determined its whereabouts. It was somewhere in the facility, the closest it had ever been since his arrival in the middle world. The sceptre, the Mind Stone. It had to be, there was no other explanation for its boundless energy. Finally! After everything he had endured, between his brother and his wife, he had found it, one of keys to bringing down the Mad Titan. It had been centuries since last he was celebrated, and it was long overdue.

As the Lady Emma reached back, and drew him to her, ‘Regan’ could only grin against the tongue that teased her lips in that signature fashion, and one unique to her, “I can sense it, darling, feel it, as if it were a psionic being not unlike yourself. It is somewhere close, somewhere in this building, in fact. It is exciting, in more ways than one…” the trickster grinned.

words: 889. tagged: MONET ST. CROIX.
outfit: here! notes: nope!

there can be only one mikey!
of caution 2.0

PM
^
EMMA FROST
 Posted: Jul 19 2018, 05:40 AM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
48 posts
Eagle
alias

750 WORDS
Bow Down To Your Queen
“I can sense it, darling, feel it, as if it were a psionic being not unlike yourself. It is somewhere close, somewhere in this building, in fact. It is exciting, in more ways than one…” She heard 'Regan' said and she smiled, for she sensed it too. But although powerful, it was also unbridled and a bit unfocused. “Indeed. It makes want to take you right here but work before pleasure.” She teased him and then serious: “I sense it as well. It emits almost the same signature your blue box emits, but with slight differences. So you reckon it is this Mind Stone you have spoken of?” She asked but already knew the answer. It got to be. But... wasn't the stone in his scepter? She was sensing a person emitting those signatures, not a thing. To confound her even more, she found nothing in the files she was reading that spoke of the Scepter. It was as it didn't exist anymore. Perhaps it was weaponized somehow and it was no longer a 'Scepter'? Maybe, but at least they had a lead... the person owning that strong and alien mental signature.

She was aware that Loki wanted to go to that person immediately, but she stopped him. “Wait. She... it is a female... is pretending to be someone else. I can sense it in her surface thoughts. She has psionic barriers, strong ones, but no matter... she does not seem to be skillful in controlling her thoughts. I also sense another mind, a human one, with her and... interesting, there is yet another, but this one is hard to read. It does not have psionic barriers and yet... I cannot get inside easily. It's a female as well and also pretending to be someone else.” She also detected two X-genes... no... actually four, two of them in the top floor and two of them in the basement of the building. Mutants? One was familiar, somehow and another was almost ancient and also extremely hard to read. “Hmm... I think we are not the only ones paying the World Security Council a visit.”

You're going to pay for keeping me out of the loop. Whatever the case - you're not alone. There are others - different signatures. Metal. There are also enhanced on the inside. And if you'd be ever so kind, tell Loki I'm going to murder him for this later. His little schemes are going to get us killed.

She grinned when she heard that familiar voice in her mind. When they first got... acquainted... with each other, Emma created a mind-link between herself and Sigyn and that was how the Asgardian woman could telepatically connect with the White Queen. Although Emma had spoken about coming to the WSC to Sigyn – in their many lustful nights together – it was on purpose that Emma kept her out of the loop about when exactly they would do it. Although the Asgardian woman was in a perfect position to help, as she was a member of the WSC, they could not afford for Sigyn to be discovered and put in danger, hence Emma was protecting her identity by not pulling her into this situation. Also, Emma herself wasn't sure when they would carry this reconnaissance mission herself, as this was almost a spur of the moment thing. “Aww, do not be like that, my love. You were so exhausted from last night, I did not want to disturb your beauty sleep.” She teased back telepathically to the other woman. “Your husband, on the other hand, was well behaved. He went to bed early and alone, while you and I had our fun. He is such a good boy, is he not? However, he is so impatient to find his scepter... you know this better than anyone.” She teased the blond Asgardian.

Then Emma turned serious. “Yes... I have sensed them. No matter. Trust me, we are in no danger. In fact, I came to visit you, in a way. I am at your department right now. Tell you what, I let you two sort this out among yourselves. In the meantime, why do you not come to me?” She smiled and spoke to Loki. “Your wife is a bit angry with you. Better make it up to her, darling.” She was loving all this!

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
[i] MONET ST. CROIX
 Posted: Jul 19 2018, 09:02 PM
Inactive
online status
codename
7 posts
alias

Monet followed along with Emma, remaining at her side and half a step back. Both in this ruse and in actuality of the Inner Circle Emma was above her and it filled in for a better aesthetic having one leader slightly ahead of the rest. Her face remained plain, unadorned by make-up as was the norm for her but also in expression. She didn’t look quite robotic, but she looked as if she were a woman that was here to do a job rather than engage in anything else. That is, of course, why they were here, to do a job, only it was not the one that was feigned for the benefit of those that they first met. When he name was said Monet nodded her head slightly as a show of indication that she was who she said she was.

Of course, the ebony woman was no expert in quantum physics but she had opened a book and read through some useful information. In the end, however, if someone deemed it appropriate to question her expertise she would reach into their mind and find the answer that they were looking for. Something that had been difficult for Monet months ago, but in being around Emma Frost she was given ample opportunity to reach into the minds of others. It was encouraged and groomed from the woman and for that, Monet found that she could find some gladness.

She wondered how much of what Emma said to gain their entrance had been from reaching into their minds and tweaking and how much of it was just knowing what to say. Not for the first time she wondered exactly how powerful her mentor and boss actually was. Everything she did came off as being so effortless. The mundane and the super. The woman never seemed to struggle.

Her abilities enhanced Monet answered only with a nod as she reached out with her mind tracking the abilities of the minds that Emma was referring to. She had known what once she was talking about without having to ask. Her eyes looked at what was happening so that she could respond in kind and move when the Scepter was found, but her mind was in those of the others with a healthy boost from Emma.

OOC: Trying to jump start something in my head. Pretty much just saying, yeah Monet is here. Sorry.

This post has been edited by THOR ODINSON: Jul 19 2018, 09:02 PM
PM
^
LOKI LAUFEYSON
 Posted: Jul 21 2018, 04:04 PM
Alien
online status
codename
40 posts
maggie
alias

THE TONGUES OF LIARS

Loki, unlike the Lady Emma, only sensed the psionic energy the stone was emitting, but not the stray strands of sentience that accompanied it. He knew nothing of what had become of his beloved sceptre after the events that had transpired in New York, much less that it had fallen out of S.H.I.E.L.D’s hands entirely and into another’s. All he knew was that it had been in the possession of Agent Romanoff once the battle had concluded, and now it was in this very building. ‘Wait. She... it is a female... is pretending to be someone else’ his White Queen sought to explain, granting him some insight into the situation. It was female? It was pretending to be someone else? It made no sense to the trickster, and he could only deduce she meant that a woman was in control of the sceptre now. Needless to say, that did have the effect of piquing his curiosity, after all, only a select few could harness the power of the stones.

She wasn’t alone either, there were others with her, and Loki sensed them, identified them in that moment. He couldn’t help the grin that split his lips as he recognized the mental signatures of both Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton. He might have determined that the blazing haired assassin was the one in possession of his sceptre had she the potential to wield it, and were the brainwaves of the person wielding it not completely separate. “Romanoff… I sense Romanoff, and Barton too, of course. It is, indeed, rare to find one, without the other” if it were possible, the trickster was all the more eager to face down his old friends. Oh, the scores both he, and they, had to settle. He was able to sense the others too, and through the so-called mind link his consort had forged among the group, he heard his ‘beloved’ wife’s threatening message too.

“I do not fancy your chances, darling, no more than I fancied the chances of the void, the Mad Titan himself, the Svartalfar, or… well, the Mad Titan again” Loki smirked, “I have a rather strong aversion to death, even when I am seeking it out myself” he added, albeit, solemnly, as the Lady Emma made to highlight his wife’s frustration with him. “Give her a kiss from me” he grinned, and winked at the White Queen, turning to walk away backwards, all so he could enjoy the sight of her a little longer, “Not a fervent one, mind you. My exchanges with my darling wife do not tend to be as heated” he elaborated, until he felt something crack beneath him. Vivid green eyes were cast downward where he had stumbled, and he noted that the heels of the sandals his female form was adorned in had broken, again!

“Oh, to Helheim in a handbasket with this…” Loki muttered, and quickly exchanged the attire ‘Regan’ was adorned it for something a great deal more comfortable, and suitable for the battle ahead. At least, the heels in this attire were minimal, and his female form’s cleavage was to die for! Then, with two daggers that he conjured to hand, the trickster disappeared down the corridor in search of his sceptre, at last.

words: 889. tagged: EMMA FROST & MONET ST. CROIX.
outfit: here! notes: nope!

there can be only one mikey!
of caution 2.0

PM
^
EMMA FROST
 Posted: Jul 23 2018, 07:37 AM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
48 posts
Eagle
alias

465 WORDS
Bow Down To Your Queen
She had heard those names – Romanoff and Barton – associated to the Avengers, but they meant very little to her. All she knew was that there was a big scuffled between the Avengers and some of them became fugitives. She didn't care much about it when it happened, as she always thought the Avengers were a bunch of fools. She rooted for Loki when he invaded, not the Avengers. Sadly, he lost. Still, it was interesting that they were there as well, which could mean one of two things: either they all kissed and made up with the WSC or they were there to steal something or find some info, just like she, Monet and Loki where. Well, is this not special? she thought and smiled. This was getting crowded. Four mutants, two former SHIELD agents and former Avengers, one Mind Stone woman, two Asgardians and two telepaths, not to mention the two weird mental signatures outside. It was a party!

Emma loved parties...

“Give her a kiss from me. Not a fervent one, mind you. My exchanges with my darling wife do not tend to be as heated” She heard Loki say as he walked away to find out who the woman with the weird signature was. If he only knew... Sigyn was not what he thought she was, Emma could attest to that. It made her wonder why he wasn't curious about how Sigyn and Emma met and it also amused her that, knowing how Emma was, he haven't put two and two together regarding Sigyn's and Emma's unique... friendship. Men sometimes could be so clueless, regardless whether they were human or Asgardians. But as she told them, the White Queen was not getting between their marital spat, opting to let them settle it once they all return to the Hellfire Building. She would just sit back and enjoy the show.

But it was time for business. She was having problem accessing some files that were outside the systems built by Frost International. So she needed Sigyn and her access. Also... why not? She enjoyed the Asgardian woman's company, even though sometimes Sigyn was a bit too emotional about things. So as she waited for the Goddess of Fidelity to arrive, she smiled at Monet. “Is this not exciting? Your first mission as the White Bishop!” She said, loving all the chaos going on and hoping for more. “Hmm... interesting. They have a prisoner here. I wonder who he is?”

NOTE: Sorry is so short and crappy, but it is just a transitional post so Sigyn can join in and we start the next phase properly.

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
affiliate with us here!
we're listed at:
Marvel Topsites Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay

Forum Roleplay Site RPG-D
sister sites
MCU: Sacred Vows Insaniam
static affiliates
FLAWED GENETICS X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay WHAT WE CHOOSE

Only Super We Are Warriors

Age of Heroes Marvel Heroes RPG Exalted Kingdoms
scrolling affiliates
ideal world  photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg Δrk City Fortify - Young Justice and DC
TUDORS SAGA
skinned by missy at caution and shine.

NOTICE!

attention, guests!

INFINITE DREAMS is a moderate to intermediate, mature role-playing site where we pick up from where Captain America: Civil War left off and into a future where the Infinity Stones shall come in play.

Please be sure and read everything contained within the INFO section of our site.

For guests with any questions, kindly note that a majority of the staff team reside on the continent of Europe, putting them in the GMT +1 and GMT timezones. This will make them uncontactable for various reasons, in particular, during the night. If the section as referenced above fails to answer your questions, we would advise patience in waiting for members of administration to revert, or post your questions in the Q&A for a more in depth response.

[close]