WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
naddi
Hey there! My name is Nadin and I'm from Germany. My responsibility lies with the graphics as well as the advertisment of this lovely site. Apart from that I'm lingering in the shadows and be there when no one expects me. But no worries, I do not bite (hard). Joke aside, I'm well-bred and have manners. I love harmony and try to maintain it in every aspect of what I do. I love to brainstorm before jumping into a thread so there will be absolutly no reason for you to be shy. Just write me a pm or meet me on discord! When I'm not around then it's because I'm at work (shifts), I'm dead or our time zones are way too far apart.
maggie
Hi! Maggie here, the moderator around these parts. My job lies squarely with the site layout and aesthetic, as well as advertising. I work as a Legal Secretary, and I live in Ireland, so my presence around the board might be spotty during the course of the day, but I will be hovering at various intervals. What do I bring to Infinite Dreams? A love of writing, and particularly, story telling. I also have all this useless Norse mythology knowledge that makes me the best equipped to deal with all them pesky Aesir, Vanir and whatever else might wander into the site, so if you have any questions about that area of things, hit me up either by PM or on Discord at madmaggie#6538.

Add Reply
New Poll

Band of Misfits, 'Do You Want To Know A Secret' Plot
NATASHA ROMANOFF
 Posted: May 31 2018, 05:36 AM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
24 posts
Eagle
alias

After Barnes got his new arm attached and she coordinated some things with the Dora Milaje, Natasha drove Bucky to a urban area of the city, where they had a place their sort of unofficial headquarters. Usually, they seldom used the place, but because they were rejoining to compare notes and see what would be their next move, Natasha thought that it would be better to do so in friendly territory and not someplace where they could be either detected or attacked. Because of the good will and relationship they had with T'Challa and its people, it seemed like a no-brainer that they would use Wakanda for those purposes. She already dropped Clint there and sent a communication to Steve to get there whenever he could. She then went to get Barnes and now they were heading that way. Yes... she has been a busy bitch indeed.

This trip was not only about Barnes. She needed to talk to the Wakandans about other support they needed. Aside from weapons and a hiding place, Natasha wanted to see if there was a way that the Wakandan Government could grant her official papers – under an assumed name, of course – so she could infiltrate the World Security Council and the U.N. under the guise of Special Envoy of Wakanda for Foreign Affairs. She could either change her appearance or simply use her Widow's Shell, although that thing always malfunctioned on her at the worst times possible. Just recently they were tracking down an illegal arms dealer and she used the Shell to disguise herself as one of the dude's eye-candies, only to have the damn holographic system go belly up on her, blowing her cover. They had to move against the arms dealers way faster than they had planned.

Anyway, at the moment T'challa and his government were considering her request. She understood why they were taking their time deliberating on it. For all intend and purpose, Wakanda was neutral and not a signatory of the Sokovia Accords, although it was ironic that one of the men pushing for the Accords in the first place was T'Chaka... T'Challa's father. But that ended quickly when Zemo planted that bomb in the U.N. meeting in Vienna and framed Barnes for it. After his father's death and the subsequent mess that ensued later, T'Challa decided to pull Wakanda out of the Accords. That was one of the reasons the Secret Avengers used Wakanda as a meeting place or as a down-time place to just take it easy in between missions. The Accords had no jurisdiction in there and although the advance African nation was part of the WSC, it was mostly a symbolic part, as they tended not to involved themselves much with the outside world. That too was changing, though. T'Challa was moving his country into a more active role in world's affairs, but it was going to be a slow process.

She parked the car and got out. The place was not shabby, but it wasn't a five star hotel either. Just inconspicuously enough to not draw attention to itself but at the same time comfortable enough for them to at least relax for a bit. Sure, it wasn't the Avenger's Compound or Stark Tower... but whatever. It was good enough for their needs. “Clint! We are here!” She called out her tovarish as she punched a security code into a keypad and then entered, motioning Barnes to follow her. They might be in Wakanda and in relatively safety, but Natasha was still a paranoid gal. She set up some security measures just in case. “Yo, Clint... any news from Steve and the others? And I suppose you know James here. Our newest member. Sam is soooo going to love this.” She said and went to the frig to get herself some food.

PM
^
WANDA MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 07:33 PM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
9 posts
Lexa
alias

pain, let the bullets fly

The Witch had just finished changing out of her dirty clothes, her head turning when she sensed two new presences by the door. Wanda had just returned to their ‘headquarters’, or what passed as a place for them to hide, having been out putting her new skills to use. To the young woman, anything was better than her cell at the Vault. Living on the streets of Sokovia for most of her life, had been a step up than the cold, dank cell she had spent weeks in. Was it weeks? Or months? Days perhaps? It was hard to gage any form of time when one was isolated. Yet another perk she had the pleasure of leaving behind now that she was free. Being alone had not been a comfort to Wanda, she had never been alone. All of her life, the redhead had always been a pair with her brother Pietro. Even during their time as experiments at the Hydra facility, Wanda was always beside Pietro. She had sensed him near her every day. Unfortunately, now where he had once been, there was just a void. One that no one could fill. Though, being around others helped her feel less alone. It wasn’t perfect but it was all she had.

Being in Wakanda, with the others, having some sort of purpose, gave the redhead a reason to get up in the morning. This morning, she had been in the Wakanda market place, blending in. As lame as it sounded, it was a skill she still needed to improve, according to Natasha. The former Russian spy had taken pity on her and decided to help her fit in better. That meant getting her ass kicked frequently, or at least until she finally started improving. While Natasha had been away, Wanda continued the training herself, trying to put what she could into action. So far, she had improved greatly, her accent less and less evident. It was still there, but not as strong as it had once been. It was progress.

The last couple of days, the redhead had been going into populated areas, trying to stay under the raider. She was attempting to blend in, see if she could stay hidden in plain sight. So far, no one had spotted her, at least there hadn’t been any news reports or mention of her. She called her little practice session a success. Getting back to their hide out, Wanda had grabbed a shower, before shedding the disguise she had been wearing. Now she was on alert, a red mist appearing around her fingers as she headed out of her room, towards the door. By the time she reached where the presence was, the red mist had shaped itself into a ball, ready to be thrown if indeed she was faced with an intruder.

Though, as she focused in on the second mind, she realized it was quite familiar. The realization hit her just as the voices sounded through the place, causing her to relax. “Oh, it is just you.” She observed, seeing Natasha and Bucky, she mentally let the ball of energy dissolve in her hand before it disappeared. “I did not realize you were returning.” She added glancing over towards Bucky, giving him a nod before frowning at Natasha’s words. “I thought he was already part of the team.” He had after all, been fighting along with them at the airport.

+ tags
tags go here

This post has been edited by WANDA MAXIMOFF: Jun 9 2018, 07:38 PM
PM
^
JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 08:26 PM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
17 posts
Naddi
alias

words: 797
notes: Meh.
"I think I'm a better GHOST
than I am a human being."
He left the vehicle and stared at a building in front of him, not so much because he was impressed by the architecture but more because of studying it. He counted the windows and he analysed the door and what it was made of and while he was at it he recognized a small quadrat next to it. He knew the look of it. It belonged to a security system which made sure nobody could enter unnoticed unless the code was entered. It made sense to have such a thing but it also was easy to disable... But this knowledge belonged to another life and he hadn't to bother about such things anymore, at least not now anyway.

But something bothered him nonetheless and slowed down his steps. He watched how Natalya could not wait to enter the house and meet the people she felt the most comfortable with; people who respected and loved her. These people, however, did not know him and he did not know them as good as he would have wished for. The soldier was left with no information that could help him to 'accomplish the mission' without incident. Bucky could not rely on him in this regard and had to trust in his own skills. What he could wish for and what would make it easier for him to deal with it was the hope that they would not be as resentful as Natalya. Well, at least not all of them. There was one who wouldn't be eager to see him again... Bucky remembered the birdman Sam, and he recalled their first meeting as well as their last and both did not end well for Sam. He had tried to kill him twice, of course he'd be pissed to see him again! He would feel the same in Sam's place. What about the others? He hadn't done them any harm, at least as far as he could remember. Where they there when he was manipulated again and tried to get out of the building in Berlin? For a moment he stopped in his track and thought about it but then he found the missing piece of his memory... No. They joined them afterwards. Phew!

So, in this respect he might be lucky with Clint and Wanda which gave him new courage and he continued his walk to the building until he entered but without having memorized the code Natalya was using to disarm the safety installation of the house, already assuming that the code will changed frequently. Natalya was that paranoid. He smiled and had to quickly hide it when he came face to face Wanda, who joined them. To every other human being who was used to other people this situation would have posted no problem or even an obstacle but for Bucky it was a challenge. He had to learn again what it was like to be with others and interact with them in a trivial situation like this one. Interacting with the Wakandians was not such a problem because they allowed him to withdraw whenever the situation threatened to overwhelm him... but he could not just turn around and leave as quick as he has arrived.

So he had to use another tactic he has managed to make his own although it originally came from the Winter Soldier. Well, not all of him was bad... at least, Bucky told himself in order to be able to deal with him. „Be silent, attract no attention and only speak when you were asked“. He acknowledged and greeted Wanda with a nod of his head before he looked for a place in the room that was neither too far away from the others so they would assume he did not like to be with them nor that was too close to them. Bucky leaned against the wall and observed everything and he ha to admit he felt comfortable... he had the wall in his back and the door as well as most of the windows in sight, nothing could catch him off his guard. Well... almost nothing.

Not really... he answered Wanda's surprised question and shrugged with his shoulders. It just so happens that we know the same righteous and stubborn punk. He gave her a brief smile to make sure that she was not going to mistake his words as being insolent. But what he said was the truth. Circumstances brought them together back then in Leipzig but he was not part of their team. If Tony Stark wouldn't have stopped him he would have left when Steve told him to when they were in his 'old home' Siberia. But it's nice of you to have thought so.

This post has been edited by JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES: Jun 12 2018, 05:57 PM
PM
^
NATASHA ROMANOFF
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 06:59 AM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
24 posts
Eagle
alias

As Natasha entered, they were greeted by the redhead beauty – as Romanoff sometimes affectionately called Wanda – almost ready to unleash her funky powers on the 'intruders'. That's my girl! Natasha thought with pride. Her protege was learning to always treat things as a possible threat. Ever since Wanda joined the New Avengers, as the newcomers were called, and then later the Secret Avengers after the mess during the events surrounding the Accords, Black Widow has sort of taken Wanda under her wing. Being the only two women in a team full of testosterone, they needed to stick together. She has been teaching Maximoff everything from infiltration, intelligence work and a little hand to hand combat to how to seduce and use her feminine wiles to her advantage. Come on! Wanda was gorgeous and if she got it she should know how to use it!

For Natasha it was just great that she had another gal to hang around and be silly with. Natasha was not one to get along with most people, but with Wanda she felt always great to just talk and tell her stories of her past adventures... as long as she never revealed her true age or that she was enhanced, of course... and even have hilarious moments when she took the now sole redhead of the team – Nat missed her long crimson mane – shopping and other stuff. “What d'you mean 'just me'? We haven't seen each other in a while and that's how you greet me? You have a peculiar way of making a girl feel special.” Nat joked. It was also no secret that Natasha always liked to flirt and tease Wanda. She stepped in and looked around the place. It seemed that Clint went out for a walk or something and Sam nor Steve were around either. Bummer... she really wanted to see how Sam would react to seeing Bucky again... Steve too, for that matter.

“Yeah, I finally managed to do everything I had to do. Busy bitch, Nat has been.” She continued, using a passable imitation of Yoda's voice in the last sentence. She took off her Vibranium vest and pads, then unzipped the back of her tight-fitted tactical suit and began to undress as she walked upstairs, toward her room and the bathroom. Natasha was too old to show propriety and besides, she was among allies... why being a prude? All she wanted to do was to take off her clothes and take a bath. Wakanda was a beautiful country but it was hot as hell! As she went, she spoke to Wanda and Bucky over her shoulder, already down to her undies. “He was part of that ragtag team you guys had at Leipzig Airport, but now he is officially one of us. I'll let you two catch up while I take a bath. Show him where he can bunk in. Maybe Sam's room.” She added evilly and then went to the bathroom, already shedding the rest of her clothes.

After a long bath and putting on a more comfortable attire, she rejoined the other two, but not before getting into the kitchen looking for food. There was very little! No one had thought of getting some groceries? She found some roasted chicken left over. That's it? Well, beggars couldn't be choosers, she supposed. She took the chicken out of the frig and started eating it cold as she returned to the spacious living room. “Anyway... how was your day?” She asked the Scarlet Witch as she attacked those poor leftovers as if her life depended on it. Natasha was ate like a T-rex and in a blink of an eye she was almost done with the whole thing while she listened to them. Finishing, she release a satisfied 'ahhhh' and laid back on the couch. “I'll be heading out again, so you guys behave while I am gone. If Steve gets here, tell him you don't know where I am... because you won't.”

She was going to New York, to see if she could infiltrate the World Security Council. Although she still wanted the fake documents she asked for from T'Challa, she wasn't going to wait for them to make a decision. She had a safehouse in the outskirt of the city and everything she needed for this mission. It was a shame she would have to burn yet another one of her legends, but to find out what the WSC had planned for the Accords was worth it. “All I'll tell you is... Do you want to know a secret? Answer: I do. And I am going to get me some... not that way, you pervs!” She grinned at them.

PM
^
STEVE ROGERS
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 01:32 PM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
4 posts
Blue
alias

He spent some time speaking to the new King. He remembered the incident at the Hague when T'Chaka had been killed. He had expressed his remorse for the man's death as well as the death's of the Wakandan's who had been killed in Lagos. It pained him and unfortunately kept him awake at night as he over thought things. That was his problem, he often over thought things to the point of sleepless nights. He had slept for over 70 years, which was his excuse when Natasha would see him and notice the dark circles around his eyes. even being a super soldier did not stop insomnia or other things that kept people up at night. But he did not just lose sleep, he did things, tried to help others, including his friends when they needed help. Stark... he once considered him a friend. Now? He had offered his help no matter what, but he had not heard from him and did not expect to.

So the time he spent with the king, discussing things, getting a plan in motion meant that he was in Wakanda and had been for some time. It had not been a vacation; though he would never know what that was anyways having been born during a time where you stretched out your meals for weeks because you could not afford food. He had a friend who helped and it was still very strange to see him again. To see him back to the man he had once known. They both had a few years on them and it definitely showed in their eyes. eyes of soldiers. eyes of men who had seen and done so much that they often could not forgive themselves. But it was what it was, and they were here, needing to make changes even though half the world was against them. He had thanked the king for his gift of asylum, but he wondered, down deep if that would change.

He was dressed in gear that could be considered combat gear, but he was comfortable. He had lost his Shield the day he dropped it when Stark had told him that he did not deserve it. He dropped it knowing that he was not right, and it hurt, but his friend needed help. He could forgive Buck for the things he had done under the control of the Winter Soldier program. He had seen first hand how much his friend had not recognised him. Even when they fought on the Helicarrier he could tell that his friend was fighting with things that he did not understand. He had told him 'Until the end of the line' And he had been there. Now? It was nice to know that Buck knew who he was. His friend was back. Now they could all get together and see where to go with their group. He hated that the Avengers were broken up, which was why they were now the Secret Avengers. it sounded like they were breaking all the rules, which technically they were since most of them were wanted by one government or more. They just could not sit by and let the world fall apart around them.

He had checked out the building before they had set up shop. He knew where all the strong points were as well as the weak spots. Thankfully there were only two weak spots and that was the narrow alley between it and the building next door. the windows, though numerous were actually a strong point. He paused before he went inside, for a moment turning off the Solider that he once was. They were not in danger, not at that moment. He headed inside and stepped in just as Natasha mentioned that she was heading back out. He raised his eyebrow and smirked, knowing that she was always on the move; just like he was. The past couple of years had been very nomadic, and he was a nomad. He didn't say anything as he stepped inside, silently, waiting for everyone to notice him.

This'll be the end today, Of the wanted man Tag: NATASHA ROMANOFF, JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES, WANDA MAXIMOFF Notes:
PM
^
WANDA MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 08:17 PM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
9 posts
Lexa
alias

A small smile appeared on the redhead’s face as she listened to the now blonde. “You were the one to leave me all alone.” She pointed out in a playful accusing tone. Truth be told, Wanda was glad to have a friend like Natasha in her life. It was a new change, given she was not used to having friends overall, let along female ones. Her entire life had revolved around Pietro and there wasn’t ever much need for anyone else. Sure, while in school she had the occasional friend here and there, but once the twins were orphaned, it just became the two of them. It was the first time in the Witches life that she had a female friend, who wasn’t simply trying to get close to her brother. Any female friend she had made in the past, had always had one goal in mind. To get into Pietro’s pants. It was one of the main reasons they even bothered with his strange sister. There had been times, when Wanda found herself somewhat jealous, when Pietro’s attention was on someone else or that no one really wanted to interact with her.

Thus, having Nat, as a mentor, ally, and friend, gave her a small sense of belonging. It was a nice change since Pietro had always been impatient when it came to mundane activities such as shopping. As Nat started shedding the clothing she was wearing, Wanda’s eyes gazed from her retreating back, to Bucky, who was leaning against a wall. Waving her hand and fingers, her red mist appeared again, causing the discarded clothing Nat was shedding, to lift off the ground, floating towards a laundry hamper. “I assumed, if they gave someone like me a second chance, there would be no question about you.” She explained. He was, after all, Steve’s close friend and to her, it seemed like a no brainer.

Shaking her head after Nat, Wanda knew that putting Bucky with Sam wouldn’t be idle. She might be new, but she had seen the brief interaction between him and Bucky before. It would not work out well. Thought, as far as they knew, Sam wasn’t going to be joining them in Wakanda anytime soon. “I guess this is a welcome…though again, I feel I am the newer one here.” It was odd thinking of herself as anything but the new recruit they had just took pity on. “Come on.” she encouraged, nodding her head towards the stairs, as she headed up to show Bucky to a room. “This room is free for now. Though when Sam does join us, you will have to share.” she continued looking at the small accommodations. “It is a small room, but we can get you one of those two bed things…” she paused for a moment racking her brain for the right word. “…what is it… oh bunk bed! Yes, we can get one of those.” Wanda suggested enthusiastically, proud of herself for remembering the right term for what she was thinking.

Once she showed Bucky where he could stay, Wanda headed back downstairs finding Nat already out after her bath. “My day was uneventful.” The red Witch explained, sighing as she sat down on the couch beside the other, grabbing one of the pillows to hug to herself. Hearing the other woman mention that she was going to be heading out again, she perked up, leaning forwards towards the Black Widow. “Then I am coming with you. I need to do something other than practice.” A new presence appeared in her mind, causing Wanda to take her focus off the two people she was talking to, moving it towards the door again. The red glow appeared around the pillow she was holding, sending it flying towards the door. “Look who has returned…”

+ tags

PM
^
JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 09:21 AM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
17 posts
Naddi
alias

words: 805
notes: //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
He would have loved to stay where he was, getting adjust to the new situation of being part of a team he barely knew and the surrounding he now found himself into. Bucky might be free from the effect of the Winter Soldier program but he was still at a loss what to make of it. Over seventy years he, the soldier, had a purpose even though he, Bucky, did not like that purpose but he wasn't one to decide about it. The soldat had a routine which Bucky was only part of from time to time when he managed to break through the barrier in his mind and get a glimpse at the outer world before he was stuffed back into this little dark corner of his own mind, condemned to be a witness of his own doing. Now, he could finally be part of something in full awareness. He bathed in this moment and did not even recognize that he was staring after Natalya and how she undressed while going upstairs. Only when he heard Wanda speak he snapped out of his thoughts and got aware of what he actually was staring at. But he was not going to lower his gaze... A sight to behold.

Seems so he muttered and shrugged with his shoulders. Bucky wouldn't have been so certain about this second chance. In fact, he had not taken it into consideration at all. Steve might be his best friend since childhood but too many things have happened and they both have fought different wars, have taken different paths as that anything was certain. It was not a question of Steve's decision to help him but rather Bucky's decision to forgive himself. You should not clean after Natal...sha he tried to change the topic and get his mind focused on something else and nearly committed a mistake by calling Natasha by the name he was used to call her, which would have posed questions. Go ahead... and both were going upstairs while Bucky took another look over his shoulders to make sure nothing has changed behind him. Though, her remark made him wonder what she did mean... What had she done?

He followed Wanda to a small room and took a look at it... It was really small but this didn't bother him. He'd never had much in his life, not even when he was still James Buchanan Barnes from Brooklyn. His parents weren't rich and they only had a small flat that provided them with everything they needed and his own room had not been bigger than this one he was now looking at. Hearing about the bed they were thinking to get when Sam finally joined them, Bucky shrugged with his shoulders again. I do not need a bed... seventy years he hadn't had a bed and it had become a habit for him to sleep on the ground. A bed only felt so unnatural to him... the softness would threaten to drown him. His eyes moved from the room to Wanda. You all seem to love teasing me with Sam or Sam with me, right? Thing is, I don't care for him so far and it certainly won't bother me to share a room with him. It's just, I cannot promise that no incident will happen. His voice was serious as was the look on his face when he indicated that something bad might happen to Sam. But after half a minute when his words sank in, a smiled broke his serious facial expression. Just kidding.

With that, he turned on his heels and walked back the way he and Wanda had come minutes ago and they both found Natalya being all comfortable on the couch with a meal of her own chewing. Bucky returned back to where he was standing before, having calculated that it was the best spot in this room where he sat high in the bleachers. He listened carefully to what was spoken between the two women but he also noticed movements outside the building. His body language changed and his muscles got tensed until he saw who was entering and gracing them with his presence. He relaxed again and formed a smile. Once it was obvious that they weren't in danger he focused back on the conversation he had listened to. And we're here to be idle he remarked and looked at Natalya. No chance! We're coming with you. I did not come here just to be left behind again. I spent enough time sitting on my hands. He pushed himself off the wall with only using his back muscles and balance and walked over to them, taking a seat on the small table in front of the couch. What secret?

PM
^
NATASHA ROMANOFF
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 06:27 AM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
24 posts
Eagle
alias

Very unlikely of her, Natasha was actually not frustrated by the clear defiance both Wanda and Barnes exhibited when she told them she was going on a mission by herself. She kinda figured out that they would also want to go with her, if for nothing else because it was some action and they have became addicted to it... or at least that was how Nat saw it. She herself could not stay still in one place for too long, she had to keep moving. She was like a shark... if she stopped moving, she die. Now, the question was... should she allow them to go with her? These types of missions – infiltration – were best done alone, that was why she almost always worked alone in the field unless she needed someone to pose as her husband or boyfriend when she was infiltrating some organization. That was were Clint came in, because she was not willing to work with anyone else on SHIELD except him.

She remembered in one mission Nick thought himself a comedian and suggested she took with her that little shit Grant Ward, fresh from the Academy. Natasha almost pulled her gun out and shot Nick in his other eye right then and there. The nerve of that cyclopy asshole! Luckily for both Nick and Natasha, the one-eye bastard was only joking. Another thing that she did completely different from other SHIELD agents was that she was the only one allowed to create her own legends. She never trusted the Documentation Office in SHIELD. In a way, that right there came handy at this moment, as there was no file in SHIELD with her many aliases on record, which had been a blessing, as no one in the WSC knew of any of them. She was confident she could fool the Face Recognition software the WSC building ran through their CCTV, that was no problem.

But that was not the case for Wanda and Barnes. He specifically was not a spy. He was more like an operative but she was not sure how much experience he had in infiltration... not to mention his face was almost as recognizable as any. Oh, and don't forget he had a fucking vibranium arm! He would not get past the metal detector sensors on the entrance of the building. Still... she could use this to her advantage: she would need back up if something went wrong and the whole mission went to shit. Her mind began to formulate a strategy. Nat and Wanda could get inside the building, posing as agents or even clerical workers and Barnes could stay on a lookout position watching their six. If something happened where they needed to haul ass out of there in a hurry, Barnes could create a distraction for them. Not that Nat believed they would have any problem. Wanda was becoming very good at hiding her accent and Natasha was... well... Natasha. Best there is, was and ever will be and don't anyone forget it!

She looked at the door, Steve standing there, and she smiled. “Well, well, well... look who the cat dragged in.” He looked like shit! Nat was not a big fan of the beard, regardless of what she said to Clint about it. It made him look scruffy. She had always known Steve as an old fashion, groomed, military man and seeing him this way was a contradiction to that. Even his hair was getting a bit longer. This whole conflict with their fellow Avengers certainly has taken a toll on him. “Nice of you to join us.” she added and then turned back to the other two and their comments. She sighed and shrugged. “Fine, but this is a stealthy mission. We get in and out, no chaos. I know where their mainframe is and it would not be hard to get into it and hack it. But you...” She pointed at Barnes. “As awesome and hot as I am, not even I can get you inside... not with that arm. So this is the plan...” She told them what she was thinking for several minutes.

“...that way you can do what you do best, which is stalk for any trouble.” She finished, looking at Barnes and then she stared at Steve. “We need to find out what the Accords really are and you know it. Now, the question is... are you in?”

PM
^
STEVE ROGERS
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 01:51 PM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
4 posts
Blue
alias

He had been surprised that he was called, not really sure what they were going to do. The accords were something that he had opposed to mostly because he felt that it meant taking away people's freedom. Yes, as an Avenger, innocent people had been hurt and some even killed. He could not say it was their fault, or that it was not their fault, it was something that, unfortunately, happened. And Yes he felt the strain of the guilt from it. But he had also been a soldier and sometimes, you did what you had to in order to save a larger portion of people. He hated when innocents were killed. But he also felt that if they had to go somewhere that they were instructed to, to cover something minor when something that could cause the destruction of the world was happening elsewhere. It was a catch 22, and he knew it. But it did not stop him from trying to help people. Like his friend Clint had been doing. Like what Natasha had been doing. And now? They were all going to be getting together to see if they could continue to help despite the trouble they had caused, and were in.

He headed tot he location he had been sent in an encrypted text. He was still quite a novice using the cell phone. Back when he was a kid, telephones were not something you wanted, let alone wanted to carry around in your pocket. When he was in the Army, the closest thing you can to was a radio which weighed a great deal and one guy operated it. When he woke up in the 21st Century, everything was smaller and in his mind, useless. What happened to face to face conversations? He was a bit, no, he was a lot, old-fashioned. Living now really was something that he struggled with as his values were entirely different. And the only woman he truly loved, was now gone. But he had Buck, his best friend. At least that was something.

With the code punched in, he made his way to where they were gathering, and he wondered who was there. he had seen Natasha and Bucky go inside, but he had waited. Mostly because he was still on point and he wanted to make sure that no one was there to capture them It was bad enough that the King was allowing them refuge in his country. He had not let anyone know he was on his way; he did not need to. it was better that way. He knew who was going to be there, and while he had hoped that Clint could have stayed down, he understood why the man had not. That would be like asking him to settle down, live on a farm and have a family. His face was too well known, at least Clint could have had a chance.

When he walked in, he had been pretty quiet, not wanted to alarm anyone. When he saw Wanda with her magic, he smirked slightly. Always on guard. everyone was. Could he blame them? He did not see anyone else, so when He saw Buck, he was happy to see him, but he was also saddened by the fact that his friend had been put through so much. His friend was back, and for that he was grateful. He did not interrupt Natasha when she spoke, instead, letting her finish. That was when he added to the conversation. "We know what the Accords are. They are a document that wants to control anyone with powers, advancements, anything that could be an asset or a hindrance. It's a bunch of politicians controlling people for their own greed instead of the good of the human race. "

He placed something down on the table, nothing important, just the bag he had been carrying. It had a few items that he had used, as well as a change of clothing. He had packed light, with most of his weapons on him. He walked over to Buck and placed his hand on his right shoulder. "Good to see you Buck. Wanda." He nodded at Wanda then looked at Natasha. She was, in technicality, his right-hand man so to speak. What they really needed to do was figure out if this was a good idea, or if it was just wishful thinking.

This'll be the end today, Of the wanted man Tag: NATASHA ROMANOFF, JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES, WANDA MAXIMOFF Notes:
PM
^
WANDA MAXIMOFF
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 03:57 PM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
9 posts
Lexa
alias

It was hard not to tease Sam about his dislike for Bucky. The other was far to obvious about his feelings, even someone as closed off as Wanda had taken notice. Not only that but she had also taken part in teasing him. Of course, on her level it was far smaller, but it was still there. She didn’t know everyone as well as they knew each other, and the young Witch did not want to overstep. Part of her still worried sometimes she would overstay her welcome, despite several assurances that it would not happen. “More so with him. It is just too easy.” Wanda explained not phased by his words about not caring. She would still tease if she could, it was good practice for her being around other people.

As the serious expression disappeared from his face, Wanda smiled pointing a ring covered finger at the other. “Funny. Though if you do not get along, we can put you in one of those ‘get along shirt’. I have seen them used in T.V shows.” While she had been stuck inside the Avengers compound against her will, there wasn’t much the red head could do. So, she took to watching T.V and improving her cooking skills.

As more people started arrive, Wanda did her best to get used to their mental signatures. It had been a while for some of them, and she didn’t think it would be wise to always be on the verge of attacking them. She recalled doing the same to Clint as he tried to rescue her from the Avenger’s base. At least he forgave her for that little mishap.

The mention of the Accords and what they represented as well as what the government intended to do with them, had the Witch recalling her time imprisoned. The memory of the weight of the collar around her neck, had the woman unconsciously bringing her slender fingers to her necklaces. She started fidgeting with them, lightly tugging on the pieces before her fingers were running at the skin on her neck, trying to push the memory away. It was less than pleasant of a memory, and one that had her wondering if such a fate would have beheld her if she had signed the Accords. After all, how else would they have kept someone like her under control. “Do you believe they would have just stopped at a mere document?” she asked almost quietly, a haunted, far off look on her face.

Trying to bring herself back to where they were, Wanda looked from Nat to Bucky for a moment. She started to wonder if her ‘magic’ could manipulate his arm enough to pass through a detector. She kept the musings to herself for now, not really knowing the full extent of what she was capable of just yet.

+ tags

PM
^
JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 02:44 PM
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
17 posts
Naddi
alias

words: 984
notes: //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
Steve looked rough with the beard and the longer hair and his eyes reflected all he'd seen in his life and the burden he'd carried throughout the years as the hero of an entire nation. But when Bucky looked at him, his old friend, he still saw the weak, ill boy who picked up a fight whenever he got the chance. And it always ended the same way... He'd never stood a chance and he, Bucky had to interfere. Nonetheless, Bucky always admired Steve for his bravery although life had never been fair to him. He was possibly the first one who believed in him when no one else would. And he started to feel useless when Steve had become a super soldier and got all the attention. But it was no envy or malice he was feeling in those situations... he was proud of Steve. Bucky did not stop to care for Steve even when he became a hero.

The fact that he always saw the little boy who had to be carried home on Buck's back when strength has left Steve, made Bucky look through the facade and see what was truly lingering there. Steve was tired, so endlessly tired but his sense of duty and the stubbornness of his will did not allow him to give up the fight. Not even now when the world has turned its back on him. And of course, the Accords rubbed him off the wrong way. He could understand why Steve decided not to agree to that shit and rather live a life of a fugitive. He probably would have followed him if he would have had the chance to decide... It's good to see you too, he said and gave his friend a brief but happy smile before he turned his attention back to Natalya, eager to hear what she mischief she was about to put into action again.

Not that he would mind it. It was apparent that the Accords was a threat to all of them and they all would be affected by it sooner or later and it did not even matter, if no matter what, Bucky would be on the receiving end of it. Too much was done by him as that they even would consider giving him a second chance. They would love to see him behind bars, thrown into oblivion but not before they have gotten all the information they deemed important and which he could provide them with. No. For him there would be no other choice than fighting back and if needed dying in the process. He would not mind that either. It wasn't the first time he took death into consideration when he looked up his own case.

He nodded in agreement to what Natalya told them about her plan. A diversion. Aye, I can do that – probably I'm your best chance for that to make it work. Bucky was on a lot of stealth missions in his life as the Winter Soldier, but those missions mostly were ended with the 'accident' of the target. Most of his other missions ended in a bang! He was, after all, a soldier, trained to kill at any cost. Collateral damage taken into account. Natalya was the sneaky one, she could sneak in everywhere so of course, she would be the one going inside. Steve... his eyes shifted towards his friend and then towards the items the man had spilled on the table. Steve was a good soldier too, but he was too careful when actual damage was needed to be made. His eyes shifted to Wanda... he could not assert to know her or what she was being capable of, so Bucky decided to trust Natalya taking Wanda with her inside.

Bucky's mind was already working out some possible and different ways to start a diversion and he knew, once he was provided with more details, like blueprints of the building they were about to enter, he would come up with plenty more ideas. Hell, his arm was not even being a hindrance when it came to that... Unlike, what Natalya was believing he could pass a metal detector unnoticed but in this very case, he would make sure a metal detector would raise the alarm. At this thought, him walking past a metal detector with a big gun in his hand, Bucky started to smile absentminded. When his mind reminded him that it was not appreciated in this very moment, the smile froze and vanished. People at the top of power stop at nothing ever he picked up the thread Wanda just started. That's why we need to hold them down as long as we can.

Then his bright eyes rested on Natalya. She was able to infiltrate everyone and everything, she got under every person's skin and yet, infiltrating the WSC was a hell of a job. What other details you have he asked, exactly knowing that to have a plan was a good start but unfortunately, they needed more than that. You cannot just walk in there, snatch everything you want and walk out of there. This building is like a maximum-security prison... no one gets in or out without being recognized by the system, not to mention that every step and every movement of you will be monitored and analyzed. Bucky could remember some security details of the WSC during his time with Hydra but it surely wasn't enough and by now, the system might be changed as well. I could shoot off some cameras, that would give you two a chance to get in there and makes them blind for anything else that might move right under their nose. How did the news call him at times? Terrorist. This time that might be actually be true and useful even.

PM
^
CLINT BARTON
 Posted: Yesterday at 01:00 pm
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
11 posts
Blue
alias

When he got into the city with Natasha, they had found the building that they would make their makeshift headquarters first. They had seen a few, but this one was the most tactically viable in the sense that there were several ways out in case they needed a quick escape. Plus it was in the middle of a bustling neighbourhood that meant that if anyone was to try and infiltrate, they could escape and disappear into the crowd. Which was technically easier said than done since they were in an African country and they all were colonizers, or so that was the nickname that he had heard when he walked around the city. while some of them spoke English to him when he was int he market, he often heard the same word, and using the translation function on his hearing aids, he quickly learned the word. He was not sure it was an insult or what, but he still paid attention when it was used.

He made himself a fixture so that they knew he was there. But he also scoped out everything mostly because that was just what he did. He did it alone, gathering information when he had to, enjoying himself when he could, and even when he set up an archery target on a small, but covered parcel of land, he had gathered an audience. He did not mind, and he honestly did not need to practice. He did it because it helped relieve the boredom. There was no one that needed saving here, unlike back in New York. Plus here, despite the asylum they had, the people were not needing to contact anyone to turn them in. so... it was kind of like a vacation. Which was a foreign concept for people like him

He knew others were going to be coming in, and the place had been set up. He did make sure the place was stocked up for the number of people who were coming. He had bought the essentials for food and such, and he also made sure there was a surplus of a change of clothing for everyone, which had been amusing. But as he used his eyes in order to assess things, he was able to get the proper sizes of clothing based upon what was available in Wakanda. He had been out getting more supplies, mostly junk food because he had, as of yet, to find a pizza place and their version of junk food was about the only bad vice he was able to obtain.

He heard the voice before he even got to the top floor of the building. The place was getting busier. And soon they would be getting down to business. The Accords were the top thing to try and get to the actual reason for it. To him, it sounded almost like Project Insight that Steve had explained to him. The only difference was that people were alive instead of what could have been. He had been out of the country when all that shit happened. For all that good did when he got back. He had returned without any fan fare, thankfully. But the years had changed the world, had changed him since the first appearance of the Avengers and their first alien attack on the world. Opening the door, he saw someone retreat towards the back rooms. He saw Steve who acknowledged him with a nod He returned it, skirting by Natasha as she spoke. He put the bags down and started to put the supplies into the cupboards and the stuff that needed to be cold into the fridge. He then turned around and opened the water he had pulled out and started to drink when Wanda returned with James Barnes, Steves friend from the war. They had briefly worked side by side, and he had learned the history of the man once known as the Winter Soldier. He felt bad for the guy, and he could see the weight of the world in his eyes.

The jig is up, the news is out Tag: NATASHA ROMANOFF, WANDA MAXIMOFF, JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES Notes:
PM
^
NATASHA ROMANOFF
 Posted: Today at 05:51 am
Secret Avenger
online status
codename
24 posts
Eagle
alias

She directed her green cat-like eyes to Steve as he spoke and kept them there for a moment, just looking at him. Then she replied. “Do we? Do we really know what the Accords are? We know what the document say, which is a lot of fancy legal mumbo jumbo... but do we know how they are going to implement all that? What are their actual goals? Have you forgotten Insight? That too was a bunch of politicians wanting to push forward their own greed, not knowing that something else was behind the whole thing and it almost cost the lives of two million people in the East Coast alone.” Hindsight was the most scary thing she has ever since. She saw the targeting system. She saw the number of people that first volley was going to take out. Seven hundred thousand per Helicarrier. And all that started for 'legitimate' reasons, just like these Accords did. “I for one don't plan to get caught naked again and realize what is happening when is almost too late. We got lucky with Insight... I am not willing to test fate again.”

Natasha knew that there was something more to this. The Accords were not something that sprung out at the last minute, this was planned for a long time. Way before the whole mess in Laos. What if that attack by Crossbones was part of it? Create a crisis that then would give them the excuse to go ahead with the Accords? It has happened before. Natasha saw it plenty of times... hell... Red Room was involved in stuff like that: whip public opinion in favor of a repressive policy. What the WSC didn't count on was Zemo and what he did concerning Barnes. That was the wrench in their plans. Still, the Accords were a done deal, at least concerning the signing and ratification, but it was not yet implemented. She was curious about that... implementation. How would it be enforced? What would be the forms of implementation? Would it be just a simple register or something more sinister? And what would happen to those who refuse to register? Those were questions that needed answers and she was going to get those answers.

She began to play tenderly with Wanda's hair as she saw Clint came in. Natasha waited for him to put away what he brought and to sit down. He too needed to hear this. However, Natasha's face turned from dead serious to a smirk when Barnes pointed out that she could not just walk in and do whatever she wanted. How dare he? She raised one eyebrow and looked at him. “Of course I can. Dude, this is me we are talking about.” She replied with that overbearing confidence of hers that bordered on foolish arrogance. But in reality, she was aware that it was not going to be just that easy. For one thing, her Widow's Shell was not reliable and after the last stunt she pulled with it, the WSC was bound to have put countermeasures in place for that. She could mess up the Face Recognition software on the CCTV system and even disconnect it, but that would give the game up. She could disguise Wanda and herself, though... enough so they could fool the software. “No, shooting the cameras would draw attention. But seriously, I can get myself and Wanda in... trust me.” She said grinning like a madwoman and making the 'thumbs up' signal.

She then addressed all of them. “This needs to be done. I was going to do it by myself but seeing that Wanda and Barnes want in, well... the more the merrier, I suppose. The worst thing that can happen is we get discovered and we have to haul ass outta there... which would not be the first time that happens. But at best, we could actually accomplish our first operation against the World Security Council and these crappy Accords.” Which would open a whole new can of worms, but whatever. “The hardest part of all this is getting ourselves in. Once inside, I know where to go to hack into the system, all I'll need is Wanda to cover my six and Barnes to cover our exit once we are done.” She then looked in turn first to Clint and then to Steve. “The question now is: Are you in or not? I need to know to incorporate you in the plans.”

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
affiliate with us here!
we're listed at:
Marvel Topsites Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay

Forum Roleplay Site
sister sites
MCU: Sacred Vows
static affiliates
FLAWED GENETICS X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay WHAT WE CHOOSE

Only Super We Are Warriors Mutant Revolution Online
scrolling affiliates
ideal world  photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg Δrk City Marvel Heroes RPG
TUDORS SAGA
skinned by missy at caution and shine.