WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
naddi
Hey there! My name is Nadin and I'm from Germany. My responsibility lies with the graphics as well as the advertisment of this lovely site. Apart from that I'm lingering in the shadows and be there when no one expects me. But no worries, I do not bite (hard). Joke aside, I'm well-bred and have manners. I love harmony and try to maintain it in every aspect of what I do. I love to brainstorm before jumping into a thread so there will be absolutly no reason for you to be shy. Just write me a pm or meet me on discord! When I'm not around then it's because I'm at work (shifts), I'm dead or our time zones are way too far apart.
maggie
Hi! Maggie here, the moderator around these parts. My job lies squarely with the site layout and aesthetic, as well as advertising. I work as a Legal Secretary, and I live in Ireland, so my presence around the board might be spotty during the course of the day, but I will be hovering at various intervals. What do I bring to Infinite Dreams? A love of writing, and particularly, story telling. I also have all this useless Norse mythology knowledge that makes me the best equipped to deal with all them pesky Aesir, Vanir and whatever else might wander into the site, so if you have any questions about that area of things, hit me up either by PM or on Discord at madmaggie#6538.

Add Reply
New Poll

Thunder and Iron, Tony
THOR ODINSON
 Posted: May 15 2018, 09:26 PM
Alien
online status
codename
18 posts
eyn
alias

Strange things appeared to be brewing in all nine of the realms for Thor Odinson was unable to reach Heimdall in order to access the Bifrost to move between realms. It was a curious state, one which put fear and anxiety into the heart of the Thunder God currently stranded on Midgard. He had come not to stay long, but only to ensure that a general sense of peace could be found in the realm. There were, of course, strives between humans that went on since before even Thor was born and thusly there was minimal he could do about that. He could end wars, aye, within a day but the moment that he was not there they would resume again and bitterness would be in the taste of the humans towards Thor. No, unfortunately war was but something that could not be controlled by an Agardian, something that perhaps, should not be. Not when it was between human and human. Should trolls wish to make this realm their home or Frost Giants wish to form ranks against the humans Thor would do something about that, but as it were, the Odinson did not intervene too much in human wars.

In the moment Midgard was not of Thors main concern, but Asgard. It had been days and still he received no signal as to what was happening and with no way to return him. If Loki were here he would know a portal, there was little doubt, but Loki had perished saving the nine realms, Thor, and Jane Foster. He died a hero, and what Thor would not give to have him returned to him in this very moment. Not only so that he could guide him but so that they could be brothers once again. These were ill thoughts to have for as mighty as the Asgardians were they could not bring one back from the dead.

Asides, there were many that would protest such a resurrection even if it were possible.

So what Thor did not have Loki he did have those known as the Avengers. They had vast minds and intelligence that may be of some assistance to Thor. Aye, they might even have had some word of Asgard for it was no secret that Thor considered Midgard a favorite of his and he had teamed up with these Avengers in the past. Why they would have been informed and not he, Thor could not fathom but he was grasping at straws.

In a scenario that was worse case he would reunite with the Avengers, perhaps have a drink and share a laugh. Aye, the group had it’s struggles but they have come through them and were a mighty team now. Midgards finest, Thor might say.

Thor stood upon a field in Norway as began spinning his hammer; Mjolnir, faster than the eye can follow before throwing it into the air training behind it attached by the leather strap making his way to the city of New York and landing upon the balcony of the Avengers Tower whence he arrived. Stark had his gadgets and cameras and it was not as though a person flying through the sky being led by a mystical hammer was so common sight that it was not as though somehow, he would not know. Luckily for Thor he was not trying to get an element of surprise upon the Midgardian gadgeteer and man of iron. Thus, once he landed he behand to walk towards the doors that led into the building to pull them open and walk in as though he had not been gone a number of years.

If there was no Stark or other Avengers to behold he would make way for the kitchen. Thor’s had to eat. Aye.

TONY STARK
PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: May 16 2018, 07:15 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
26 posts
Eagle
alias

Stark hasn't been able to sleep for weeks. Ordinarily, he didn't sleep much to begin with, managing to get maybe four hours of rest, but in the past few week he has been getting almost no sleep at all. Of course, that meant that during the day he was more sluggish and prone to doze off. Tonight was one of those nights. He just couldn't close his eyes without his mind starting running all over the place, relieving moments of his past that he wished he could forget. Sometimes it was the Battle of New York, sometimes was the time when he first built the Iron Man suit, other times was the whole mess with Steve and the others. All the times he did wrong to Pepper. Kitty, she was always there too. And everytime it happened, he simply could not sleep, nor he could at least work on things. It was becoming a pain in the ass.

In the old days, he would have gotten himself dressed and just go paint the town red. Parteeeeeyyyy. But nah, he was in no mood for booze and women and more booze and even more women. After Pepper, he decided that he was going to try and straight himself up. He was tempted to call Kitty and just talk a bit with her, but it was late and she did have a regular job, she was not like him who was a slacker in his own company. So that was out. Work on the Bleeding Edge Suit, the new idea he had of an Iron Man suit that would assemble with the use of nanotechnology? Nah, he didn't wanna! So at the end, he decided to do what he has been doing most nights for the past couple of weeks: lay in bed and watch TV. Today he was watching reruns of the classic Babylon 5, one of his favorites. He actually met some of the actors, when he himself became a celebrity.

A celebrity... that was rich. After Ultron he was hated almost as much as the Kardashians... well, not that much. But he was not beloved, that much was true. However, at least during the time between Ultron and that damn Sokovia Accords fiasco, he had his friends, he had Pepper, and he still had a purpose. Well, that went to hell rather quickly, didn't it? Now he was just at the beck and call of the World Security Council, half of his Avengers were on the wrong side of the Accords, the other half was split between not sure about him or simply nowhere to be found – Thor and Banner – Pepper was gone and found someone who would make her more happy than he ever could and Stark was a shadow of his former self. Hooray for the good guys! Papa would be proud. Oh that was another thing... he traded his daddy issues for even bigger daddy issues!

At least he could take comfort in the fact that Spiderman still looked up to him. Parker was just a weird kid, but he was brilliant. Tony would never show it – he had a reputation of being an asshole to maintain – but he really liked Peter. He reminded him of a better, nicer, naive version of himself. Then there was Kitty... also brilliant. Attractive. Good nature. A geek for cool stuff. He knew how it looked... him dating a woman in her late 20s when he was already in his 40s. The old Stark wouldn't care less about the optics, but this poor man's version of Tony was quite self-conscious about it. His self-loathing did not allow him to just enjoy the times he had with her, because he was always over thinking things. The burden of being a fucking genius, he suppose.

“Tony, we have an incoming bogie.” Friday, his new A.I. chimed in from the speakers located above his bed.

He jumped up. “What? A missile? Pizza delivery? UPS? What?”

“Just... landed on the balcony.”

“For crying out loud Friday! This building has a multi-million dollar defense system. Hell, YOU are a multi-billion... billion with a big B... system!”

“Keep your pants up, Tony!”

"I don't wanna, I like to walk 'al natural' "

"Ewww. Gross. Okay, it's Thor."

That shook Tony. Thor? He was back! “Where?”

“The antechamber.”

He almost tripped over himself as he ran towards the door of his room. Tony haven't seen Thor since forever and two days,as the big muscle dude one day, after the Ultron mess, just decided to go on to do whatever the hell Asgardians did. Even though Thor has been part of the team for quite sometime now, he was always a bit of a mystery for Tony, not speaking much about the things going on with his people. He ate, he hammered things with that Mjolnir whatchamacallit of his, he ate again, he had all the women go crazy for him, ate some more... A lot more. As Tony ran through the corridor, he slowed down. Thor didn't know what had happened. How could Tony explain it to him? How would Thor react? As much as he wanted to give the big oaf a hug... Tony was not sure if Thor would be that happy once he tells him what has transpired since he left.

He walked into the main chamber and stared at his fellow Avenger and friend. “Hey Hamlet, welcome back to Denmark!” He said with that swarmy smile of his and of course using a Shakespeare reference.

THOR ODINSON
PM
^
THOR ODINSON
 Posted: May 21 2018, 08:25 PM
Alien
online status
codename
18 posts
eyn
alias

T’was but moments before Thor was greeted by Stark. Aye, it was exactly who he was expected to be the first to green him given his entry. Save if there was someone or someone’s that were already in the main chamber when he landed. Even then, the man and his Midgardian science tracked when a gnat jumped off a dog towards his building; Thor might jest, so how could he not have known Thor was arriving? That and with the advent of Facebooks, Twitters, Instagrams and photographs that had for some reason been renamed ‘selfies’ even when it was not of ones self being posted to at every moments. Thor was a celebrated person in Midgard, specifically in New York that when people looked up and saw him they did not quiver but rejoiced and took pictures. Thor was only too happy to provide a smile and a wave whence last he had flown by.

Not this day, nay, on this day there was worry in his heart, mind and soul thus is focus was forward towards the tower for Avengers in which he may receive answers of some

Upon being greeted by Thor, he was offered words which were familiar to Thor. Not because he personally enjoyed the plays or writing written for amusement but because there were those in his family that did. Those in his family that had the original transcriptions of plays and poems from Midgards yesteryears. But Thor had heard it in the past though now he forgot which words were to come next, at least correctly. “I thank you sir” he started and then tightened his lips and moved them to one side of his mouth “no, that is not right at all. I’m afraid I’m neither scribe nor scholar, friend Stark, so if it is your wish to make quotes about poets and artists long dead I will have to concede this day that you are better than me” Thor announced loudly, no animosity in his tone but joyous humor.

I’ve a brother, however, who may best you even in the arts of Midgardian literature” Thor walked towards Tony opening his arms to embrace the man. Tightly. It was uncustomary for men to hug one another on Midgard, but this was not always the case and Thor preferred the embrace of another person as opposed to the wiping of one’s hands on the others. It wasn’t wildly popular with others, and Thor had been the recipient of many a negative embrace in his times. Generally, those were at the hands of Loki and often included a knife or two. It was a bitter price to pay, but somehow it had yet to stop Thor from trying. Some called him a fool but Thor knew that Loki would not kill him. Or rather, he believed that he wouldn’t. He was certain that Tony would not, and so he did nor brace for any stabbing or anything less than a simple crushing hug between men. Companions. Co-workers. Whatever was considered important in this realm.

You look” Thor was about to say well but looking at Tony he could not lie so blatantly. Well, he could, but he’d prefer not to over something so foolish “like Hel, if truths were to be told. If you wish to fill me in on what plagues you I could use a sandwich” Thor sounded pretty upbeat about the situation given that his mind also had dark shadows clouding it rendering him uncertain of what was happening at his home. He felt, however, that if it were of extreme dire circumstance that his father would notify him in some way. Aye. He knew not the ways in and out of Asgard that Loki did but he was the All-Father, he had his ways of doing things that Thor not longer questions.

He turned then to sit upon a couch, plucking an apple from the table and taking a bite out of it loudly looking expectantly at Tony. Awaiting an answer or a decline to answer and some felt to do in order to avoid talking about things of a personal matter. Thor was an open book, generally, and had no qualms with expressing his feelings. Save anger, his found it difficult at time to express that in any ways short of lighting, thunder, storms and hitting things hard with his hammer or fist. Thor was getting better at that, but some things still vexed him enough that he lashed out as opposed to taking a more rational route.

Sometimes.

TONY STARK
PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: May 22 2018, 08:02 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
26 posts
Eagle
alias

As brilliant as Tony was, he had no idea about Norse Myths, so he couldn't guess which brother Thor was speaking of. Loki? Doubtful. Wasn't Loki in myth like Thor's blood-uncle or something? No idea... myths were weird and as a scientist, he dealt with the real world, not the mythical one. In fact, Tony didn't even know Thor had other siblings. He smiled as Thor embraced him and as much as Stark wanted to return the embrace effusively, he held back a little. He did pat Thor's back as they hugged. “Okay, Thunderlips, let's not get carried away. You can't seduce me as easily as you seduce women, you dog. And you're squishing me.” He said, using an old Rocky III reference and trying to maintain his assholish persona, but in reality Tony was extremely happy to have Thor back. It was like having a bit of normality back after all the chaos of the last couple of months. If he could only have Steve and Natasha back... he wanted them back. He wanted the team to be a team again, but that seemed like an impossibility now. “Where the hell have you been?” He asked. That was the billion dollar question.

Here it comes... He thought with a sigh. He looked like hell because he was feeling like hell. Everything that had transpired since he saw Thor last has not been anything but hell. Losing Pepper, losing the team, being the WSC lackey, trying to get something going with Katherine and yet not sure if he should. Banner still missing. Steve, Nat, Sam and Wanda fugitives. Clint hating him. It was too much for Tony, especially when he was dealing with all of it alone. Sure, he had Rhodie, Peter and Vision, but he didn't want to put any more burdens on his best friend, Parker was too young and Vision was... well... Vision. So yeah, he was all alone. He had Friday... that was something, right? “Have you become a psychic, Thor? You can see into someone's mind now? You Asgardians show a new power every day!” He joked, trying to lighten the mood... a mood that was actually very somber for him.

He debated whether to brief Thor or not about what happened, and decided that he should stop holding information back from his friends. Tony considered all of them friends, as he told Steve during that fight at that old Hydra base. He felt hurt when Steve seemed to prefer Barnes over him, almost betrayed and his emotions got the better of him. He lashed out at his friend, all just to kill the man who killed his parents. Sure, Barnes did not have control of his mind when he did so, but he did it anyway. That wouldn't change. In hindsight, Tony should had step back and think like an engineer or scientist would have... but how anyone expected him to be pragmatic when he watched the Winter Soldier kill his mom? No person could stand there and say 'be calmed'. He was sure that if anyone would understand what he went through at that moment, it was Thor.

He walked to his bar and poured himself a drink. He needed a bit of alcohol. He didn't offer any to Thor because, what was the point? The damn Asgardian could drink the whole bar and not even get a buzz. Tony slumped on the couch and took a deep breath before starting. “Things had gone to shit, Thor. The Avengers as you knew them are no more.” He said and let that sink in before continuing. The... government I suppose... decided that people with abilities, like you and the others and me as well, because of my suit, are too dangerous to walk around without proper monitoring and control. The wanted us to sign on it and endorse it. Some of us were not happy about it.” That was the understatement of the year. “Long story short... there was a split. Natasha, Wanda, Sam, Clint and...” He paused, there was real sadness in his face. “...Steve went against it and we had a big fight. Clint is now retired and the others are now fugitives, wanted dead or alive.” He closed his eyes and dropped his head down. This was painful but at the same time he needed to unload on someone.

As always, however, he tried to lighten the mood with a joke. “But hey, on the bright side, we got ourselves a Spiderman.”

THOR ODINSON
PM
^
THOR ODINSON
 Posted: May 23 2018, 09:19 PM
Alien
online status
codename
18 posts
eyn
alias

Thor simply presumed that all knew of his family and each of the members. He spoke to a lot of people over a millennia so it was difficult to be sure as to which ones he spoke to his family about. It was no great loss if Tony knew not of whom he spoke, the important thing to note was that Thor had family that was interested and knowledge in literature. Even then, it was debatable if it was important or not. Perhaps Thor simply did not like being bested by someone from Earth? There was certainly a time when that was the case but he had grown as a person since those day and Midgardian or not, Tony was a man with a brilliant mind.

Nay?” Thor said giving Tony one last good squeeze, lifting him off the ground and then setting him down and letting him go. “Perhaps that is only because you have yet to see my true charm” he suggested with a wink and a grin. It may have just been a jest, Thor had shown no discrimination in the past with the gender nor species of his previous lovers. He felt no such reason to chase after Tony, however, nor anyone at the given moment. Perhaps he was still in a relationship with Jane Foster, perhaps he was not. Odin knew, and it seemed he was keeping his lips sealed about… well… anything at the given moment.

I’ve been to Hel a time or two, aye, Jotunheim and much of my time was spent in Muspelheim. Dragons can be most unreasonable and stubborn. As if all the realms revolve around them. So, protecting the nine realms as a whole” Thor answered sounding somewhat cheerful about it all considering he was just talking about having difficulties with dragons and talking about other realms other than that of Midgard as though it were just a street or two away. It was all very casual for Thor, he had been protecting the realms since before he could wield Mjolnir. Of course, Midgard was so young, its citizens lived for such short a time that they knew only parts of their own realm and little of any of others.

Thor thought a moment and shrugged his shoulders “you would be surprised at what is Asgardians are capable of, but I say nay, I need only a keen eye to see you have troubles” Thor half joked and half honestly spoke back to Tony. No, it did not take any powers at all to see that he had better days. Of course, the man could get like that when working away in his lab feverously so perhaps it was simply that. He was working on something else that may or may not try and destroy the world again. Not intentionally, of course, Tony was a bit of a madman with his sciences but he was not evil of heart. Thor knew these things, he faced many evil in his lifetime and he deemed none of the Avengers as such.

Thor sat back, biting and chewing the apple that he had taken and listening to the story that was laid out before him. He listened without judgement and after the explanation Thor grasped his companions shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze in an effort to be comforting. “Fear not, Stark, things similar this happen in all nine realms. I recall a time when my father demanded to be informed of every quest that one wished to embark upon. Not just I, but all of Asgard. How then was I supposed to prove my worth to Mjolnir if I must ask my fathers permission to stop a troll invasion of Svartalfheim? Aye, the dark elves are not among my favorite denizens but not all are evil. Needless to say, I forwent my fathers demands and quested as I wished. Often meeting his ire. So you can see then, why I might sympathize with the others in refusing to do as they wish” Thor let it out there that he did not blame the others for the path they have chosen. “I once even had to fight Balder to do so, so the battle between brothers is not lost upon me. But if you might be taking suggestions” Thor paused a moment, for he knew he was really not the sort that was suitable at giving advise “do not let a war between choices such as this burrow further than they need to. You fight for what you believe in, Steve does as well. Which is right and which is wrong” Thor opened his hand and waved it slightly “it matters little in the end. It will either be, or it will not be. It does not mean we must hate the person on the other end.

In truth, Thor was uncertain if what he was saying was what he wanted to be projecting be he was not Loki, he was not Braggi. His tongue was not made of lead but neither was it made of silver such as theirs.

Tell me of this Spiderman. I have fought against arachnids thirty some feet tall but not once have I seen one claim to be a man” Thor inquired about the newest member of the team sitting forward some. He knew not of Midgardian being that were spiders that would fight for any cause save their survival.

TONY STARK
PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: May 24 2018, 06:16 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
26 posts
Eagle
alias

Yeah, Tony had no idea what the hell Thor was talking about. As stated, he was not versed in Norse myth nor Norse history... or history for that matter. Tony was a futurist, always looking ahead, not back. Part of him, though, wanted to learn a bit more about Thor and his land because it might come handy in the future. Not knowing anything about Loki got them into a nice mess back then and although Stark might be a futurist, knowledge was power and there was no such thing at knowing too much. On the other hand, that attitude and hubris on his part brought forth Ultron and look how good that went. He hadn't make peace with that... with his role in what that automaton asshole did... and it was all Tony's fault and although at the end he corrected that mistake, the fact remained that he was the one responsible for it happening in the first place. “Sounds like fun. Next time, do me a favor and take me with you. I rather fight dragons than deal with shit here... wait? Dragons? Seriously? No... no... don't tell me... I take you word for it.”

He smirked, forcing a smile. “You are a piece of work, Thunderlips. Tell me about the women of Asgard, not some places I have never heard of. I just hope they don't look like you!” He said as a way of a joke, but it was an half-ass attempt at levity. Women were the last thing on his mind at that moment, although Katherine was always on his mind, as well as Pepper and his mom. Those three have become the only women he thought of for the last couple of months. Tony was making it difficult for himself, cooped in the Tower and just dealing with Stark Industries, the whole mess with the Avengers and playing chess with Friday. He needed the distraction, at least for a little while. He was even considering renewing his membership to the Hellfire Club and just go there and have some fun surrounded by scantily clad women and getting drunk until losing consciousness. He had to smile... Pepper hated that place, she thought it was too immoral... and it was, but Tony had to admit it was fun as hell... eh... fire.

He hadn't been there in ages, not since that Shaw dude was the manager of the place. He heard that Shaw just vanished and that there was a new proprietor running things over there. He knew her by reputation... that Frost chick... although he never have met her. Her company and his were competitors and he was surprised at how quickly Frost International has risen. It was giving Stark Industries a run for its money, taking quite a few contracts from them. So, him renewing the membership was not a bad idea... hey, he could use the excuse of 'just gathering info' and meet his business rival. Maybe he could take Katherine there for a date... eh... okay, no, that wasn't a good idea. Although who knows? Maybe she liked all that debauchery! But nah... not risking it. Maybe Thor? That would be funny. He would probably feel as if he had reached... what was the name of that place? Where Vikings went after dying to party down like if it was 1066? Valhalla something or other? Whatever... that place!

Yeah, he still had no idea what Thor was talking about, but he listened just the same because it was good to have the tall, blond, muscle man back. He got the gist of it. Something about being controlled by others, which was exactly how things were at the moment concerning the Avengers. First, there was no official Avengers, as he needed to fill the ranks of the group with new people because... well... they didn't have the others no more. Rhodie's therapy was going great, so he would have his buddy back soon. Vision was acting like a teenager that just hit puberty, trying to explore and learn things. He haven't spoken with Parker for a while, but he always kept an eye on him, to make sure the kid was doing alright. Now with Thor back, at least he would have someone to talk to and maybe plan for an Avengers comeback. But truth be told... he was postponing reforming the group because he knew that once that was done, Ross and the WSC would send them to hunt down their friends.

“I don't hate them... I am hurt.” He admitted to Thor. “This whole Accord thing is fucked up, I know... but it is the only alternative. Why didn't they see it that way? Now, they are wanted dead or alive, which in reality it means dead and newsflash Point Break... we will be the ones carrying those orders out.” He sighed and pour himself another drink. “It would be easier if Steve, Natasha and the others weren't so damn stubborn. If they just come to us, I can work on getting them a deal.” He paused, letting that sink in and knowing he was full of shit. Sam and Wanda, maybe... but not Rogers and Natasha. Ross made that abundantly clear. They would be trialed and probably – if lucky – thrown in the Raft for the rest of their lives. He sighed again. “And going against the wishes of the Council is not an alternative. I have other people to look after.” He meant Spiderman and Rhodie and Bruce and even Vision and Thor. If he decided to be defiant of Ross and the Council, then they too would be targeted. The Accords were a done deal, ratified by one hundred and seventeen nations. No matter how powerful the Avengers were, they would not stand a chance against the entire world.

Still, he had to chuckle when Thor asked about Spiderman. “Well, he is not that big. But the kid is cool. He joined up... sort of... during the whole mess. I suppose he is our newest Avengers.” He said and scoffed. Parker would love meeting Thor, he bet. “Have you heard anything about Banner? We can't find him, so I thought maybe you were searching for him.”

THOR ODINSON
PM
^
THOR ODINSON
 Posted: May 29 2018, 03:52 AM
Alien
online status
codename
18 posts
eyn
alias

To the question that Tony wished to have no answer to Thor only smiled and raised his eyebrows. If he wished not to know then he would get no verification from Thor one way or another. Less he ask again, because then Thor would be able to do such without worry. It was hard for Midgardians to understand the other realms, more so than the other realm. Even with knowing about gateways and being attacked by other aliens the very idea that dragons existed was too much for them to handle. It was not the first time, though, the last Midgardian he spoke to about his exploits turned Thor and the other Asgardians into gods. At the time Thor thought it marvelous and did his best to encourage the stories. Some were fabricated in the second telling of it, and some it was Thor’s fault. He was shameless in those days and he found it amusing more than anything. Others, however, did not share in his amusement and found it bothersome.

Ah, the women for Asgard are of the finest quality, friend Stark. Whence you look upon the sun that sets upon the horizon might as well be in black and white. Whence your lips press upon theirs the very mead you drink will taste of sand forever more” Thor exclaimed and perhaps it was true, or perhaps it was false. As it turned out, Thor had yet to grow out of the stage where he made up stories for the sake of his amusement, nor that of others. “But be warned, should you earn the scorn of one a smashing from Mjolnir would seem a vacation” he warned his tone getting theatrically dark and ominous at that.

That much, in Thor’s estimation was indeed true. Or at least, truer than some other things he has spouted off in the past.

Thor listened as Tony spoke of pain and nodded his head. He lent him cent for a time before he leaned forward, his tone as serious as could be. “There is but one more Asgardian trick I have yet to show you. It is something the All-Father had forbidden I use save the gravest of circumstances but as he seems not to wish to listen to be this day I shall go against his word and show you. You must brace yourself before I do it. I can place my two fingers upon thine forehead and you will feel as Steve does. Again, brace yourself” Thor said and immediately reached out and tapped Tony’s forehead with his fingers. Besides doing it with a bit of force there was nothing else that came from it.

Thor grinned at his companion “nay, I’ve not such powers but have been around long enough to believe with certainty they feel the same pain” Thor spoke his tone bemused as though he were trying not to laugh. If one were not to know they might think he find the situation. “But also, I say thee nay. I shall not raise my hammer against a companion less they put this realm, or another at risk. You have your accords, and there is but one the mighty Thor is required to acquiesce to and that is the All-Father. Do not worry, friend Stark, I am not leaving you for Midgard, your Earth, falls upon one of the realms I have sworn to protect. Aside from Asgard it is also my favorite. I’m not supposed to have favorites but I do” he shrugged.

You look after whom you require to. Governances have been putting men and Asgardians in difficult situations since their conception and I fear such might always be the case. I would sit down and read these accords if you would be so kind as to provide them” Thor requested for aye, they seemed a troublesome and vexing thing but he would know more of what they wish to accomplish. I

Thor blinked and then nodded his head “a youth then? That is good. In my youth I was eager to prove myself to father and Mjolnir. It will do the team well to have such vigor and passion upon the team” Thor had to admit.

I have heard nothing of Banner, and nay I have not been searching for him. He left upon his own will and should he have wished to returned I do not doubt that he would have by now. There is, however, one that I might ask that can see all… well… most in truth” Thor whispered the last part “which brings my very own problem to light. I have been unable to achieve contact with Asgard. I do not suppose any Asgardians have been by looking for me at all?” he asked his tone somewhat hopeful while his expression was full of doubt.

TONY STARK - This is blah, I'm sorry.
PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: May 29 2018, 07:21 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
26 posts
Eagle
alias

Thor was so poetic, Tony thought with a grin. It was interesting for Stark to listen to someone speak in the way he has seen people talk in historical movies. He had no doubt Asgardian women were not only beautiful but strong, at least stronger than any normal human. The man with an Iron Suit always pictured them as Vikings, Norsewomen with medieval attire and shields and swords getting ready for a good day of pillaging and raiding and making other people's day a bad one. He could not even imagine what one of them would do to him, although, in a very Tony Stark fashion, he would have died with a smile on his face. Of course, Tony was a scientist and he did not believe for a second that Thor and his people were gods or anything like that. He was an alien with technology and abilities that were yet to be study and catalog. He wonder if Thor would let him run some test on him? Tony Stark would be the first person in history to actually study a Norse myth up close and personal.

“Ouch! You dumbass!” Tony exclaimed when Thor flicked his finger and whacked him in the forehead. “Look at the Asgardian, trying to be funny... and notice I said 'trying'.” He added, rubbing his brow. That was going to leave a mark. But he understood Thor's meaning... unfunny and dumbass-y as it was! It was some reassurance, though, that Thor said he was not leaving Earth for the time being. Tony needed to start putting the team back together and Thor, as the only other original member still around, was going to helpful in doing just that. Now, the part about him not joining in hunting down the others... that was problematic. It was coming, it was a matter of time. Tony was doing his best to delay the inevitable but sooner or later the World Security Council would call Tony and order the Avengers to not only enforce the Sokovia Accords, but hunt down and capture Steve and the others. This was not going to end well... he knew it. Steve and Natasha were as good as dead in the eyes of Ross and the WSC. Stark was trying his best to make those two fools see reason before that happened.

In his own way, Thunderlips was making a good point. But it was not that simple. A couple of years back, Tony would have been in Steve side and spit at the Accords, but he has seen so much and have caused so much. He understood why the world has decided to register those who possessed extraordinary powers. It was ironic that Steve, whose whole life has been dedicated to serve the people and government, was now on the other side of the argument while Tony, whose whole life has been about 'sticking it to the man' and always be contrarian against government intrusion, was now a tool of those same people he disliked. Life was funny that way. He stood up, walked to his desk and pulled a huge document and hand it to Thor. “Here. Knock yourself out. It is a done deal... signed by over one hundred countries. The short of it is... all people with powers that resides here have to be registered, so the World Security Council and the United Nations keep tabs on what they are doing... all in the service of 'protecting' Earth.” He said, sighing.

Stark made a face and rolled his eyes when Thor spoke so highly about Parker. Peter was just a snot nosed brat that was too naive to know what was good for him. He did have a hot aunt, a very hot aunt... it was a crime having such a hot aunt... so brownie points for that. Still, Tony liked him and there was no denying the kid was brilliant at such a young age. Stark has been building a special suit for him, but he wasn't going to give it to him until Parker grew up a bit. Although he would never admit it, he saw Parker as a mentor saw a gifted pupil... almost even as a father saw a son. Ewwww! What the hell? Happy thoughts, Tony... Happy thoughts! No, but in all seriousness, Tony cared for the little shit. “He is annoying. Talks too much and never shuts up. Make jokes and stupid comments all the time. Put himself in danger for some misguided desire to be good. And he is childish. I don't like him.” He said and stopped... wait, that sounded like himself! Nah... Tony was not like that... right?

The news – or lack of – about Banner disheartened Tony. Where in hell that guy went? Banner... or more precisely, Hulk... was one of the main points of contingency for Thaddeus Ross. The former General now Secretary of State wanted Banner locked for good and the only way Tony might save him from that was bringing him back to the Avengers. But then something else Thor said stopped Tony's train of thought. He haven't been able to contact Asgard? Well, that was strange and a bit disturbing. “We would have known if some Asgardian came making noise. No. But back up a bit... what do you mean you can't contact them? You can't even travel there?” Tony asked, interested. A threat to Asgard was a threat to all of them... wasn't Asgard the watchers of the nine realms or something like that?

THOR ODINSON -- Nah, it was all great //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
THOR ODINSON
 Posted: May 31 2018, 10:41 PM
Alien
online status
codename
18 posts
eyn
alias

For his part, Thor thought himself a regular jokester and it showed when he burst into a roaring laugher at the exclamation from Tony. Aye, Twas a serious matter when friend went up against one another as Tony now knew. He’d been seeping in it for a time, even the unobservant Thor was able to tell this was the case and wished to lighten the burden; even if it was only momentary. He clapped the man on the back as he leaned forward in laughter “I forget at times how fragile you Midgardians can be, both in physicality and in humor. You are in need of laughter, and though I am not so amusing as Loki, I have been known to bring cheer wherever I go throughout the nine realms that fall within mine fathers grasp” Thor was good natured about it and rose for his spoke to pour Tony another drink. “Also, liquor helps” he advised and knew this from experience. Even though it never really helped anything and sometimes did make things worse it certainly felt better just trying to get drink. Which was why he also took a big unhealthy swing of the liquor. To no effect but sometimes it was the effort and not the results that matter.

The Odinsn looking at the documents and set them on the table “something to read before bed, perhaps” he smiled at that and could understand immediately why one would not sign such a thing. A signature upon a paper meant little enough to Thor, it was not his word but he knew it was to the men and women of this realm and so he tried to imagine it seriously. He would look through it, read the words and try to make sense of it all. Not because he worried about himself, but because he was looking for something in the verbiage to assist the others that did not wish to sign it.

Thor let out a snort of a laugh at the comments about the Spiderman that was the newest Avenger from Tony. “Nay? You do not? Perhaps then it would be best that he be removed from the team. It would not be good for moral if we are to not all like one another” Thor mused though he believed the words of Tony to be false in this. “Or perhaps it is that you see something in him that is familiar. Something that you enjoy. Besides being young he does not sound so unlike” he paused for a moment taking another drink. “Me” he grinned. Childish. Putting himself in danger. Jokes and stupid comments. Thor didn’t think his comments were stupid but he knew others sometimes did. Aye, Tony liked the boy because he reminded him of Thor.

Thor barely managed to suppress his sigh at the lack of Asgardians being around. Not that it was a surprise. There were none that loved Midgard the way Thor did, not even his own father but still. He though if something happened to Heimdall they might send someone for him. They had not.

The way I return to Asgard is through Heimdall. I shouted for him time and time again, but he does not answer. Perhaps he hears, but there is no answer. I know not what has befallen upon my people nor why I am not heeded. If it were my father I believe I would feel it. I think all nine realms would yet…” Thor’s voice was different than usual. It lacked the life it usually held and showed the desperate sadness that he currently felt. The blonde cleared his throat and returned the smile upon his face. It looked genuine but it was not, and given the previous moments comments it would not take a PHD to figure it out. “It is just Asgardian intuition. it has no place in the mind of a scientists and it is mine own lament that causes it. We need happier times Stark. We need something to avenge” he grinned at that.

Besides drinking, hitting things helped alleviate negative feelings.

TONY STARK - I am so sorry this is terribad
PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 07:09 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
26 posts
Eagle
alias

Alcohol did help... a lot. Sure, Tony has gotten better from his addiction to the destructive liquid – thanks in no small part first to Pepper and now to Katherine – but he still, on occasions, liked to get wasted like in the old days. Those occasions, though, were becoming more frequent. However, drinking dulled the pain and the memories, although some might say that alcohol actually increased the chances for remembering things one would as soon liked to forget. He was not as bad as Emma Frost, the proprietor of the Hellfire Club, who he had heard that her bouts with alcohol were legendary, but he was up there with skirting the fine line between normal drinking and alcoholism... again. Ever since this whole mess with Steve and the others came to be, Stark has been drinking more and more. He made a face when Thor mentioned that piece of shit Loki. Perhaps it was because Stark never had a brother or a sister, so he could not connect on that level, but he could never figure out why Thor cared so much for that fool.

He chuckled a bit when Thor put in his two cents concerning Spiderman. Tony debated whether to actually make Parker an official member of the team or not. On the one hand, Parker proved himself to be formidable during the whole Battle of the Airport and he could be a great addition to the Avengers... but on the other hand, he was so young. Tony was in no mood of losing anymore members, much less someone as young and naive as Peter Parker was. He had grown fond to the kid and if something happened to him, it would be on Tony's. He could not live with that. It was already bad that he felt as if he had failed Pepper and the others, he did not want yet another thing in his conscience. Tony has changed... a lot... and he did not think it has been for the better. He was more tentative and more ready to accept things than before, when he just put on his armor suit and flew into danger at a drop of a hat. Now, he had... ugh!... responsibilities. Not only to his fellow Avengers, but to those who broke away from the team. And to Katherine and Peter and... argh!

For fuck sakes! Tony was becoming an adult! It was hard getting used to it.

“You? Hate to burst your bubble, Thunderlips, but you are as funny and talkative as a block of cinder. If that kid seems familiar, is because he reminds me of me, but younger, dumber, less attractive, a dork, and did I mention dumber?”
He replied and then went for the kill. “Sure, you are the second strongest among us, but that's about it. Leave being a jackass to a professional... me.” He added, knowing that would trigger Thor. It was a routine gag between Hulk and Thor to declare themselves the strongest. Of course, Thor would always say it was him, as Hulk would always say that he was the strongest. It was amusing but if Tony had to pick, he would say that perhaps Thor was, for the simple fact that he had a bit more than just brute strength. The Asgardian can come up with plans – sure, most of them involved him hitting things very hard – and he also had that damn Hammer, for example. Tony has been on the receiving end of it.

At the moment, however, this whole business with Asgard was more important than the pissing contest Thor and Hulk had going between them. Tony was not well versed in how Thor's world worked but he did know a few things. That whole Bifrost business and how that was the way Thor managed to move from world to world. He also knew that that was not the only way to get from Asgard to Earth, as Loki proved when he came to steal the Tessaract. Stark had heard the name, Heimdall, and that the guy was supposed to be like a keeper of that Bifrost thing or whatever. “Don't tell me. Did you sleep with his wife and pissed him off or something? Dude, you need to stay away married women.” He joked but his mind was working. There could be two possible reasons why Thor's summons were not heed: one, it could very well be that Thor pissed off some higher up in Asgard and he became persona non grata or two... and this one was troubling... something happened. Something bad.

Who or what could actually be a threat to a world full of Norse gods?

“Try it again.” He said. “Maybe this time it works. And also, if it does... I would love to see your world.” The chance of actually witness an alien world and its technology was too good to pass. But in reality, Stark wanted to see what Thor was referring to. When Thor mentioned them going on a bit of 'avenging', Tony sighed. “Be careful of what you wish for. Once these Accords are completely official and implemented, we might have to.” He said with a sad voice.

THOR ODINSON
PM
^
THOR ODINSON
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 01:19 AM
Alien
online status
codename
18 posts
eyn
alias

Thor Odinson gave a mighty laugh at the response that Tony gave. Though he may disagree that he was not talkative, he just generally didn’t talk while in the midst of combat and saved it for his companions afterwards. Of courses, Thor knew this, he was sometimes oblivious to much but he knew how he was. More importantly he understood how his companions were and which one this Spiderman seemed the most like. HE could also tell from tine that Tony did not hate the boy, but was trying to pretend as though he did. Probably trying to verbally confirm something that he knew was not true in order to make it true. In that, Thor had much experience, in that, he was not so different from Stark.

Perhaps then you do not dislike him. Unless you are trying to say that you dislike yourself but after your bolstering about yourself; while slamming this child, you prove that untrue” Thor raised an eyebrow at Stark with that. Sometimes Thor thought of himself as clever, and this was one of those times. Though, it would not be unreasonable to assume that he was wrong. Relationships, even ones such as friendship, were not something he should give advice on. He has fought his companions nearly as many times as he has fought by them. His youth had him a much stubborn hot headedness. It had only lasted over a thousand years. He was grown out of it now. Mostly. Some..ly?

There was another clap upon Starks back from Thor, harder than need be but this time on purpose as he laughed about the idea that he was the second strongest. He wiped away a non-existent tear from his eye. “You are a jester now, Stark? It is good, I have missed them on the realm and you seem fit the bill. What with your brightly colored suit and jokes even a child would understand. All nine realms know there are none stronger than Thor” he laughed raising his eyebrows. “None

Heimdall? Wife?” You know...” Thor started to explain but then realized that no, Tony did not know anything about Heimdall save for that he existed. “Nay, it is nothing of the sort. Even if such a thing were to happen Heimdall is of the most loyal and would not hold such against me when I call for him” that much was true. He could think of little that would cause Heimdall not to do his job, less it meant danger for Asgard. The Thunder god thought a moment and rose to his feet. “They may not let you, but you’d not be the first from Midgard of whom I have brought to Asgard. Come, this would be best done on the outside” and with that he made his way to the balcony. “You’d better… just be ready, aye?” Thor warned for there was nothing to hold onto.

Heimdall, tis of importance. If you can hear me, open the Bifrost” he commanded in a tone that was perhaps foreign to Tony’s ears. It was a princely tone that Thor was not well known for in Asgard much less on Midgard. He waited, head looking upwards and he saw.. nothing. He turned to Tony “you see? It does not work. It is of no use” he stated, frustration creeping into his tone.

TONY STARK
PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 09:07 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
26 posts
Eagle
alias

864 WORDS
NOTES:Nope
Shoot To Thrill
He did like the snot nosed brat, there was no denying that. Stark liked plenty of people, although most of the time he had a weird way of showing it. As successful as he was and as infamous as his escapades were, especially with the ladies, Stark was socially awkward, in a way. During his childhood, he spent more time with his inventions and his gadgets than he did with kids his own age. The only real person he spent time with was the Stark family butler Edwin Jarvis, hence why he named his first A.I. after him, in his honor. He loved him, he was always there for him and always was happy to see him when he got home from boarding school. More than his own father ever did, so busy with his company and the whole job on the side he had with SHIELD. It didn't help that Tony suffered from the same calamity that plague intelligent children... they found others boring.

The back clap Thor gave him almost pushed his lungs out of his chest! Good thing he didn't have the Arc Reactor anymore, or it would have popped out and killed him right then and there. Damn Asgardian! For fuck sakes! He coughed a little while Thor went on about him being the stronger and yara yara. That was it! Tony was not going to invite Thor to his birthday and was taking him off his Christmas list! Not only he drew the attention of every woman in the party, but the last time Thor was invited to one, he wrecked the place, which it seemed to be a normal occurrence at Stark Tower. Damn Vikings! He swore, he had spent more money renovating the place than he had spent building Iron Man suits! “Well, I bet you Hulk has a thing or two to say about that.” Was all he managed to say as he continued to cough. If only Stark could lift Mjolnir, he would whack Thor with it!

Taking a sip of his alcohol, Tony listened to what the Asgardian had to say regarding that Heimdall dude. It was awesome to have people like that... he thought he did, with Steve and the others. But now they have become his enemies... in a way. And the worst part was... Tony believed he was to blame for it. He didn't stand for them against Ross, not even when the WSC decided to put a bounty on Natasha as well as Steve, Wanda and Sam. Nat and Steve... they were even in a kill list. Tony had become a useless piece of shit and he knew it. But it was too late to fix that. He had no one to talk to about it... no one that he could confide. Rhodie had his own problems, so did Thor with this whole Asgard thing. There was no Pepper, no Banner, no... Steve. He had Kitty, but he didn't want to burden her with his shit. He was truly alone.

“How dare you say they'll not let me in? Dude, I bet you they would throw a feast in my honor worthy of Valhalla... see what I did there? I too know a bit about your weird customs. Although, isn't Valhalla a place for those who died in battle? Then count me out!” He said and scoffed. “I don't intend to die in battle... I rather die in my bed, surrounded by women.” He had to continued to play the part of the old Stark, but even to himself, he was just a shallow shell of his former self. He stood up and followed the big blonde dude to the balcony. “I am born ready... lets get it over with.” He said and observed. Tony's mind was already working in solving the puzzle. He should be grateful that Thor's predicament was giving him a chance to think about other things than his own misery.

Nothing happened. Usually, Tony would have cracked a joke about Thor's performance issues, but not this time. He was taking this seriously. There was something not right and Tony could not shake the bad feelings he was having about it. There could only be three possible reasons: one, someone didn't want Thor back... two, somehow his connection to his world was broken... or three... “Could it be that something massive happened in Asgard? A natural disaster or something equally catastrophic?” He asked, rubbing his cheek, thinking. “Were I to know the coordinates of the planet, I could pull some strings with NASA and maybe redirect one of Stark Satellites to focus their lenses towards it, maybe take a peek from here...” He added. It could be a good project to conduct. He had built some orbital telescopes for NASA, to conduct space survey. He could easily have one redirected... but he needed to know exactly in what section of the galaxy Asgard was. Maybe Friday could help with some of the calculations... maybe Kitty as well.

He clapped Thor's back hard and almost broke his hand in the process. “Ouch! Goddammit! Anyway, fear not, Prince of Asgard. I am on it. We will solve this.”

I.. Am... Iron... Man
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
THOR ODINSON
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 11:15 PM
Alien
online status
codename
18 posts
eyn
alias

Thor let out a laugh at the comment and gave Tony a reprieve from the slap on the back and slapped his own knee as though it were a comedy sketch that he was laughing up before raising from his seat. “Aye, perhaps, for it is one of the few things the Hulk can say” Thor spoke in jest and the then started banging his chest in a mocking voice “Hulk Strongest. Hulk smash” he mocked, though in his mind it was kindly as he stomped around some. Not enough to cause holes in the ground facing Tony the entire time. “I would show you my awesome strength against our shared companion if only I believed Midgard would be able to handle it” he added with a grin. Perhaps it was another joke, or perhaps he meant that he though that a fight between he and the green goliath would destroy the world.

It was a shame Tony thought himself alone before Thor, but for all of his gifts he could not read minds, he had no way of knowing how deep and dark it got for his companion. He knew only the words that were spoken to him and the results of actions. He paid them little concern, not because he did not care but because in his experiences these things worked themselves out. Not just in Asgard, but in all the realms that he visited. Most. Midgard did have short lives, fragile bodies and hard heads. Still, given enough time most things tended to work themselves out. The accords would last only so long as those in control wished it so. Their leadership was not based on birth nor even worth, but on popularity. What the common people wanted they could inevitably get; Thor had been so told in the past. At least in regards to laws and politicians.

You should be so lucky to fine in the halls of Valhalla. I have seen it once, my father showed me though I did not get to enter myself. It is, as you have said for warriors who have passed so perhaps” Thor mused exaggeratingly “you would not fit in so well. Now if there was a worthy place to go after death from what you have just described. There I would not mind going.” A hall filled with all the women you have loved, this would be a place that many men would wish for. Die for even.

It failed now as it had for days but Thor was loathe to express his frustration in the matter more than he already had. The question, however, that was asked shook Thor to his core. He believed Asgard an untouchable place, in truth, and though his assistance was often used and he claimed to be the mightiest warrior in all the realms he knew he did not compare to the All-Father who was ever in Asgard and ever prepared to defend it. There was little that could happen in Asgard that would escape his fathers eye. Was it possible…

Thor was not sure. “I think nay” he spoke and though he mustered confidence the doubt was palpable in his tone. “If it were I should have been informed, they would have called upon me and I would have defended my home but I was not. I was given not so much as a whisper as to any issues” Thor started his anger seeping into his voice “I would feel it. Yet the only other explanation is that I have been banished without cause or…” the All-Father had died and someone whom despised him ascended the throne in his absence. But who could hold such a claim and… no, Odin could not be dead. “There is little else of a reason” the said almost reserved.

Would that I give you if our realms could be seen or arrived to so easily. If that were the care I would fly there, but it is not. It was the case when the Convergence occurred on the day that Malekith attempted to cast all nine realms into eternal darkness. The one that happened before that happened before the time of even my father” Thor trailed off at the end. Waiting would not be an option and though he gave credit to Stark and his mind, he knew there were mortal limits.

He looked at Stark as he clapped his back and stated that he was on it. It did nothing to quell his worry but he gave a genuine smile towards the man who offered his assistance “thank you my friend, when I am able to, I will repay you with the finest mead you have ever tasted. Asgardian” he vowed. It would amuse Thor to no end to see Tony in a stupor after but a taste.

Now!” Thors voice regained its boldness and volume “For the time being I do not suppose that I can find myself with quarters in the tower?

TONY STARK
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
affiliate with us here!
we're listed at:
Marvel Topsites Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay

Forum Roleplay Site
sister sites
MCU: Sacred Vows
static affiliates
FLAWED GENETICS X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay WHAT WE CHOOSE

Only Super We Are Warriors Mutant Revolution Online
scrolling affiliates
ideal world  photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg Δrk City Marvel Heroes RPG
TUDORS SAGA
skinned by missy at caution and shine.