WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
naddi
Hey there! My name is Nadin and I'm from Germany. My responsibility lies with the graphics as well as the advertisment of this lovely site. Apart from that I'm lingering in the shadows and be there when no one expects me. But no worries, I do not bite (hard). Joke aside, I'm well-bred and have manners. I love harmony and try to maintain it in every aspect of what I do. I love to brainstorm before jumping into a thread so there will be absolutly no reason for you to be shy. Just write me a pm or meet me on discord! When I'm not around then it's because I'm at work (shifts), I'm dead or our time zones are way too far apart.
maggie
Hi! Maggie here, the moderator around these parts. Some of you might remember me from Believe In Heroes, or BIH to go by the site's acronym. My job lies squarely with the site layout and aesthetic, as well as advertising. I work as a Legal Secretary, and I live in Ireland, so my presence around the board might be spotty, but I will be hovering at various intervals. What do I bring to Infinite Dreams? A love of writing, and particularly, story telling. I also have all this useless Norse mythology knowledge that makes me the best equipped to deal with all them pesky Aesir, Vanir and whatever else might wander into the site, so if you have any questions about that area of things, hit me up either by PM or on Discord at madmaggie#6538.

Add Reply
New Poll

X-Factor, ID's New Membergroup
YGGDRASIL
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 05:05 PM
Admin
online status
codename
19 posts
maggie
alias

x-factor
The X-Factor originally found its roots in a group that went by the name of 'Freedom Force' in the comic canon, a government sanctioned group that was formed by Mystique and Valerie Cooper. Mystique, as leader of her own incarnation of the Brotherhood, sought to have herself and her teammates pardoned for various crimes they had committed by aligning themselves with the government through Cooper.

Thus, Freedom Force was born, and making up its ranks were the likes of Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, Toad, etc. In other words, characters that would have been affiliated with the Brotherhood. Its ranks grew, and in time, they were enlisted by the government for the purpose of enforcing the Mutant Registration Act. The team eventually disbanded after a mission went badly wrong, but Cooper sought to revamp the group under the name 'X-Factor' instead.

Although, X-Factor does differ slightly from its origins, insofar as its ranks aren't made up of criminals in the form of the Brotherhood, but members of the X-Men themselves. However, their purpose didn't deviate from the original intent behind the group, and they remained sanctioned by the government for the purpose of tackling dangerous individuals. This time, it's member base was made up of Havok, Polaris, Wolfsbane, Quicksilver, etc, with Havok and Polaris being appointed as team leaders.

Here on Infinite Dreams we plan to take a similar approach to the group, using Magneto's death as the catalyst that would have driven what remained of his Brotherhood to align themselves with the government so as to secure a pardon for their crimes, and form the X-Factor. The interesting thing about Freedom Force and the X-Factor is that characters don't have to be criminals or terrorists seeking a pardon to join its ranks, but could also be those with more heroic inclinations seeking to protect general members of the public from perceived dangerous individuals as well, giving us a nice balance of characters.

Bear in mind, though, ultimately, the group will be expected to enforce the Sokovia Accords, just as the comic canon group were expected to enforce the Mutant Registration Act. This could create an interesting dynamic between the characters that make up its ranks as well, with former members of the Brotherhood's stance clashing with those who might lean more closely toward the X-Men's interests in promoting unity.

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
affiliate with us here!
we're listed at:
Marvel Topsites Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay

Forum Roleplay Site RPG-D
sister sites
MCU: Sacred Vows Insaniam
static affiliates
FLAWED GENETICS X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay WHAT WE CHOOSE

Only Super We Are Warriors

Age of Heroes Marvel Heroes RPG Exalted Kingdoms
scrolling affiliates
ideal world  photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg Δrk City Fortify - Young Justice and DC
TUDORS SAGA
skinned by missy at caution and shine.

NOTICE!

attention, guests!

INFINITE DREAMS is a moderate to intermediate, mature role-playing site where we pick up from where Captain America: Civil War left off and into a future where the Infinity Stones shall come in play.

Please be sure and read everything contained within the INFO section of our site.

For guests with any questions, kindly note that a majority of the staff team reside on the continent of Europe, putting them in the GMT +1 and GMT timezones. This will make them uncontactable for various reasons, in particular, during the night. If the section as referenced above fails to answer your questions, we would advise patience in waiting for members of administration to revert, or post your questions in the Q&A for a more in depth response.

[close]