WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
naddi
Hey there! My name is Nadin and I'm from Germany. My responsibility lies with the graphics as well as the advertisment of this lovely site. Apart from that I'm lingering in the shadows and be there when no one expects me. But no worries, I do not bite (hard). Joke aside, I'm well-bred and have manners. I love harmony and try to maintain it in every aspect of what I do. I love to brainstorm before jumping into a thread so there will be absolutly no reason for you to be shy. Just write me a pm or meet me on discord! When I'm not around then it's because I'm at work (shifts), I'm dead or our time zones are way too far apart.
maggie
Hi! Maggie here, the moderator around these parts. My job lies squarely with the site layout and aesthetic, as well as advertising. I work as a Legal Secretary, and I live in Ireland, so my presence around the board might be spotty during the course of the day, but I will be hovering at various intervals. What do I bring to Infinite Dreams? A love of writing, and particularly, story telling. I also have all this useless Norse mythology knowledge that makes me the best equipped to deal with all them pesky Aesir, Vanir and whatever else might wander into the site, so if you have any questions about that area of things, hit me up either by PM or on Discord at madmaggie#6538.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

You know you want to..., Emma meets Loki
EMMA FROST
 Posted: May 13 2018, 05:44 PM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
18 posts
Eagle
alias

1893 WORDS
NOTES: Let's get the party going!
Bow Down To Your Queen
In her mind, the river flowed both ways... Out to the past, where most of what made her who she was resided.... and into the future, that undiscovered land that she could visualize but wasn't certain of. Emma Grace Frost, arguably one of the most powerful telepaths the world has ever seen, knew what future she envisioned not only for herself, but for her Hellfire Club, her people, and the world at large. The rise of Homo Superior. She was not – as she had said so many times – Charles Xavier, with his antiquated views of how that future should be. She was not – as she had said so many times – Erik Lehnsherr either, who did share a bit of her ideals, but went about them the worst way possible. Both men had their hearts in the right place, but nevertheless they were wrong. Now both men were dead and she, on the other hand, had been rising and shall continue to rise. She had the resources of both Frost International and the Hellfire Club at her disposal, with a strong Inner Circle of colleagues who shared her vision. History was on the move and those who could not keep up with it will watch from the sidelines...

...or not at all.

It came as no surprise for the White Queen when she learned of the World Security Council plans for mutants. The fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. was a godsend, though. It allowed her to move up her plans a bit sooner, because now she did not have to deal with that organization. Sure, she learned about the congressional hearing conducted by the Intelligence Committee, where the existence of another group that were the cause for S.H.I.E.L.D.'s destruction was revealed. This HYDRA group Kass spoke so fond of. The White Queen even noticed a tinge of sadness on Kasandra everytime she remembered. Still, she was marveled at the fact that none of her contacts gave her a heads up about HYDRA and this Insight Project. Naughty, very naughty of them. But it did not matter. When some might see crisis, Emma saw opportunity. She already decided to help Kass in her attempt of finding remnants of the group and see how to bring the Insight Project back. Just because an idea was not her own did not mean Emma would not adopt it.

Emma was flexible... both symbolically and literally... many lovers could attest to that.

As the sun began to set on the horizon, she stared through her glass windows at the change of colors and contours. Always accompanied by a bottle of alcohol, this time she opted for wine, she sat there and smiled as she thought about her Inner Circle. It was no secret to anyone in the Hellfire Club – well, perhaps only to Kass herself – that Emma desired the raven-haired woman. It was a sort of an inside joke among her closest aides that the White Queen wanted her Black Queen as badly as a hungry wolf wanted sheep... which was a fitting image but in reverse all things considered. Her Black Queen fascinated Emma... it was like speaking to someone from a distant past. It did frustrate Emma that Kasandra was a bit of a prude, at least compared to others in the Club.

But Emma was patient... eventually they would have some fun.

The day was ending and she was already done with her normal work day. Frost International was a juggernaut and although the White Queen delegated responsibilities, it was to very few people: Mimi, Renault, Christian, Kasandra... a few others. That meant that she had to be hands on in the day to day operations of the multinational. It kept her extremely busy. Meeting after never-ending meeting, supervising some of the most interesting and important research projects, basically running the Development department. The other stuff the company did, she could let others to handle, but Research, Development and Implementation... those were her babies. So, needless to say, she was a bit tired but that never stopped her for doing her mental exercises. The brain, like everything else in the body, needed training and conditioning.

So sad that most people see it fit to never use it...

So, her eyes fixed on the horizon, she stretched her psionic powers in all directions. Emma was capable of reading the surface and random thoughts that crept out of everyone's mind in a five miles radio. Thousands of thoughts flowing inside her brain and everyday she tested how farther she could go. No one really knew how powerful Emma was, mainly because no one could. And it was not just telepathy... her reservoir of psionic energy was endless, which made her accomplish impossible things. From psionic barriers to mind-links to astral projection, illusions, straight-up mind control and plenty more. Some might say she was a walking Cerebro. And it was not all. Her diamond form gave her superhuman strength and indestructibility. And her seductive way gave her... well... a lot of fun.

Yes... she was indeed perfection.

It did, however, require a lot of concentration to manage the thousands of minds she could touch all around her. Imagine listening to one thousand different songs at the same time... and with headphones. Any lesser telepath would go insane and many did. Her sister Adrianne, for example, succumbed to what Emma called 'Psionic Madness'. She never learned how to come to terms with her abilities. Emma, on the other hand, learned to control her powers at a very early stage and the years have given her vast experience in not only controlling them, but also expanding them. She never, ever, turned her powers off – she could but didn't – and she never, ever, wanted to be without them. It already happened once, when her students were killed by Adrianne, and she never wanted to experience that again.

It was the one thing that actually terrified her.

The White Queen sat there, in her 'throne', listening to the thoughts of the peasants that inhabited the city: the bakery owner... the taxi driver... the cops on their beat... the woman cheating on her husband... the man cheating on his girlfriend... the guys playing basketball... mutants afraid of being discovered, trying to blend in... her employees at the Frost Building. She could hear all of their thoughts, sense all of their presences. She could see through their eyes. She could, if she wanted to really test her limits, even feel what they were feeling. It was dangerous to push herself like this – after all, even Emma had limits – but it was also exhilarating, almost sexual and orgasmic.

“Renault, don't be a dick! It's just a party. For fuck sakes, is not even a party, just a small get together.”

“Mimi, mon cher, watch your language. It's easy for you to say, as you are not the one who have to deal with security. Unlike you, I have to answer to mademoiselle Frost.”

“Hereeee we go... jealous much? Are you implying she let me get away with things?”

“Non... I am not implying, I know she let you get away with murder. You are her favorite. But see, petite, not all of us are as lucky. Some of us do have to work hard to be in mademoiselle Frost's good graces. And small? Mimi, you have one hundred guests in this list! And most are not members of the club nor they are close acquaintances of Madame Frost. Do you know how many background checks I have to do?”

“Well, sue me you French Pastry! I can't help that I am awesome and Emma loves me. And you want me to feel sorry for ya? Well, fuck off because I don't give a shit. It's your job. All I want is for Emma to have a good time...”

Leave it to Mimi and Renault to always bicker about something. The irony of it all was that the two of them actually had a thing going, but they always tried to hide it. For her part, Emma did love Mimi, she was a recurrent lover for the White Queen after all, but also she loved her like a mentor love her pupil and she indeed was aware that she was very lenient and gave Minerva a lot of leeway. As she listened to them, it seemed to her that Renault was in the right on this occasion. Minerva could be a bit too much sometimes and he did have to deal with security. Emma trusted him implicitly... in fact those too and her butler Smitley were the only humans she trusted. She, however, did not hired Renault to be her personal security... she was Emma Frost, for Godsakes. Not only arguably the most powerful telepath the world has ever seen, but the woman could turn herself into diamond! But that didn't stop Renault for always worrying, even when sometimes he was overdoing it. She shut the conversation off in her mind and continued listen to other thoughts and to detect other brainwaves.

And it was then when she felt it...

It has been four years since she sensed this particular brainwave pattern, but she never forgot it. Four years, during the Battle of New York, when she looked out of a balcony and saw him in all his glory. She never gave up trying to find him, but when she could not detect him anywhere, so she decided to move on. Still, she always had him in her thoughts, always wondering what happened to him and now... she was sensing him again! Emma shut down all other thoughts and patterns from her mind, focusing and trying to pinpoint his and his alone. His brainwaves were a bit slippery... and different from anything she had seen before. She could not pinpoint exactly where he was, but she had no intention of losing him again. She pushed with her psionic powers, trying to break through the fog that covered his mind. It was hard... he had psionic barriers... which meant... he had some sort of psionic ability. She became aroused by that! However, she could not locate him. He was in the general vicinity, inside her telepathic range. Well, isn't this special... this has never happened to her before. Oh... she loved it!

Fine.... then let's try something else...

Mind communication was one of the most basic powers. Any telepath worth anything could do it with ease, hell, even that floozy of dubious lineage and very little talent Jean Grey could. The White Queen, because she had concluded that he did have psionic abilities, decided that the best approach for this situation was the direct one. She contacted him through her mind: “Come to me... you know you want to... I shall make it worthwhile for you... She sent him and kept her mind open, her barriers lowered, so he could pinpoint her. This was dangerous, to leave herself exposed that way, but she was too aroused to care. She was betting that he could pinpoint her... but what if he could not? It did not matter. If not, she'll come up with something else. But she'll be damned if she lost him again!

On Your Knees, Darling...
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
LOKI LAUFEYSON
 Posted: May 14 2018, 07:15 PM
Alien
online status
codename
25 posts
maggie
alias

THE TONGUES OF LIARS

Safe, at last, or at least, safer than he previously was. One of these days, if the day ever came again, Loki was going to wring Heimdall’s neck, and chances were the golden giant wasn’t going to see it coming if his track record was anything to go by! As All-Seers went, the man had to have been blind to miss that ship, and as ships went, it was… well, big! There was no excuse for it. He’d been incapable of seeing the Frost Giants infiltrate the realm eternal, as well as the Dark Elves in the past, and the Svartalfar had given him not one, but two opportunities to spy them. One of them had been in disguise when they slipped right under his nose the first time, and a gathering of them had borne down in, yes, another big ship the second time. As much as it stroked his ego that he had managed to go unnoticed by the All-Seer in the past, it was bordering on ridiculous. Hodor would have done a better job, and that oaf was blind!

Loki knew the day would soon come when he would have to pay the price for his failure, he was just hoping the Mad Titan would sit on his backside for a little longer and continue to rely on his ‘children’ to his bidding, enough time for him to ascertain the whereabouts of more of his precious stones, at the very least. Them, he could have handled, except Maw, that one outmatched even his ability to talk at length. There was also Midnight, who was a little severe for his liking, like Thanos’ other daughters, as it happened. Gamora and Nebula also lacked the ability to smile, much less laugh, and then there was that big hulking… thing. Still, the trickster was determined he might have been able to match them, one on one, anyway. But all of them at the beck and call of their master? No!

The trickster had spent the better part of a year trying to escape that lunatic, and had to do it under the illusion of ‘I scratch your back, you scratch mine’. If Thanos granted him an army with which to conquer the middle world, he would retrieve the Tesseract for him, and much to his relief, he managed to lose with some flare. Sure, he could have done without being buried in the floor of Stark Tower, but he had been safely delivered back to Asgard, and had safely reigned in Odin’s stead for the last three years. Unfortunately, the Mad Titan picked those three years to determine he no longer felt like sitting things out, and his ship only had to cast a shadow for Loki to begin to think, and think fast. First, an evacuation through the passage ways known only to him, which he was only too keen to be a part of. However, it was then something occurred to him, and he was kicking himself as everyone else fled and he shed the form of the All-Father.

Loki ran, and ran as fast as he could, to the weapon’s vault, and snatched it. There was no time to double back, so he had little choice but to use it there and then, and before he knew it, he’d materialised in the path of an oncoming mechanical beast. Truck! He managed to remember what the object in question was called before it slammed into him, and while he experienced the ripples across every nerve ending his body possessed, it clearly came out worser for wear than he, and that was saying something. He was back on Midgard, that much was certain, as he stumbled out from behind twisted metal with a limp, a limp! All as the rider alternated between concern for him, and concern for his steed, until the trickster noted that dawning realisation in his eyes, and realised himself in turn. “Oh, right, that…” he grumbled.

“You, you, you’re…” the mortal stammered, “Yes, yes, Loki, Asgard, glorious purpose, I know who I am, but tell me, have you seen anything… odd in the last few moments or so?” Loki asked as the Midgardian stumbled, and while lying on the ground, turned his index finger on the trickster himself, “Except me!” he exclaimed, but that as good as answered his question, which meant Thanos had not yet made his presence known, and maybe he wouldn’t for now either? It was partly wishful thinking on his part, but also partly experience. There was a reason he had been sent to Earth to fetch the very object now in his possession, and that was because the Mad Titan himself didn’t deign to set foot there. Perhaps he wouldn’t for the foreseeable either? There were other stones elsewhere. One in Xandar. One in Knowhere. Two on Earth he shook that thought off as yet another thing occurred to him.

The Gauntlet. Thanos still required the Gauntlet to use the combined force of the stones effectively, and would hopefully be betrayed by the one in the Vault long enough. He required two stones to realise the item was a fake. Two stones within close proximity was a hazard that only the Gauntlet was capable of overcoming. It was the reason why the Tesseract remained on Asgard, while the trickster left the Aether in the possession of Tivan. Perhaps he would target the Aether first, and then the Orb on Xandar? It was a possibility, one he clung to, until he noticed the hail of bullets he was being hit with, courtesy of the mortal at his feet. “Oh, for the love of…” he forcefully swiped the weapon from the Midgardian’s grasp, and forcefully sent it flying back into his face as well, successfully incapacitating him, but this encounter served as a reminder. The people of Earth would be none too pleased to see him, which meant another change was in order.

He’d assumed this feminine guise numerous times in the past, and comfortably slipped back into it, though it did nothing for the limp, he tried to hide it as he struggled through the streets of the city of New York. Where to, he had no idea… Loki wasn’t one to seek out help, ever. It would have been so easy for him to have done so last time, to tell his brother what had happened to him during his exile, the thunderer had so desperately appealed to him not once, but twice. But as always, the trickster did things his way, and as always, he did them alone. Even when someone made a mess, other than him, he cleaned it up, alone. In truth, I am neither Asgardian nor son of Jotunheim. I am Loki only, and I am alone. He’d gotten used to that, hammered it, no pun intended, into his psyche during his time in Sanctuary.

He’d wanted help then. He’d cried out for it then. Cried out for Thor, and now, just like then, his brother was the first person that crept into his mind. How to explain the whole dead-but-not-really thing, however, would require time that he did not believe he had. Loki had one stone in his possession, now all he needed was another, the one that was contained in the sceptre he had previously invaded the middle world with would do nicely. After all, the two had a rather destructive relationship, as evidenced by the manner in which one had been used to give pause to the other, to close the portal generated by the other and bring an end to the invading forces. But where to find it? If the trickster remembered correctly, S.H.I.E.L.D were the most likely to currently have it in their possession, since last he’d glimpsed it, Agent Romanoff held it in her grasp. But where to start with them?

Loki had spent the better part of a year within S.H.I.E.L.D, and if there was one thing he learned about the covert organisation, it was that their bases might as well have been a series of corridors, lined with doors. He wasn’t sure he had anymore time to look behind each one of those either, but then, he heard something, someone whispering. He spun around in the middle of the pavement, surrounded by Midgardians, only to discover it was none of them. It sounded different, but felt familiar. The trickster cast his mind back to his time in Sanctuary, where he had experienced the same sensation before appearing on Earth. Then, the voice that whispered, not in his ear, but in his mind, had been his mother’s. Frigga. This wasn’t her. She was dead. Gone from this world, and the other eight. Who then? It wasn’t Thanos’ minion. The Other had met with a swift death at the hands of Ronan.

The trickster listened more closely amidst the commotion about him, closed his eyes, and focussed, drowning out everything else in the vicinity. ‘Come to me... you know you want to... I shall make it worthwhile for you...’, this time, he heard it with crystal clear clarity. Not only did he hear it, he managed to determine its source as well, and curiosity got the better of him. It always got the better of him. Loki quickly shifted into a flurry of raven feathers, and took flight for the city skies, but when he collected himself, he remained in her form. He’d once made quite the fool of Fandral in that form, and slowly, but surely, he limped from the balcony into what appeared to be an office. For a moment, he forgot the voice in his mind, the signature he had been chasing, as a shelf of books entered his vivid green line of vision. The spines, and the words etched into them, were nothing of the sort that could be found in Asgard’s libraries.

Resurrecting Sex. Rekindling Desire. How to Overcome Premature Ejaculation. That last volume elicited a quiet snicker from him, as he reached forward, and plucked it from the shelf so it fell open in his hands. It seemed Midgardian men weren’t so far removed from ones of the Asgardian sort, and by Asgardian, he meant Asgardian. After all, Loki could not be counted among them, and in more ways than one, it seemed.

words: 1719. tagged: EMMA FROST.
outfit: here! notes: nope!

there can be only one mikey!
of caution 2.0

PM
^
EMMA FROST
 Posted: May 14 2018, 08:04 PM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
18 posts
Eagle
alias

1053 WORDS
NOTES: Amazing post Maggie!
Bow Down To Your Queen
The White Queen, still seated in her bed, sensed his mental signature as he arrived. She stood up and walked to the door, to take a peek and... it was not a he but a she, a very attractive one, dressed all in black. What in the hellfire? At first Emma was confused – a rare occurrence for the White Queen – but as she stretched her psionic abilities, her mind was telling her that the woman in front of her had Loki's brainwave. By all means, it was him... so what was this? She wasn't complaining much... the 'woman' was a sight to behold, but this was strange, to say the least. Emma began to put two and two together. A shapeshifter? Well, that was on par with the Norse myth, so she shouldn't be surprised. Regardless, this was becoming even better than she hoped for! Not only she finally found him and guided him to her, but he had the ability to turn into something so... alluring? This was early Christmas for Emma! She smiled as the gorgeous 'female' form entered through the balcony and... did not see her. In his... or hers?... defense, Emma's lodgings at the Hellfire Building were huge and divided into sections, with a conference area, a small inner-office close to the balcony, a living-room like area, a bar and then at the other side opposite to all of it, her bedroom.

She decided to just observe him, as he reached her small bookshelf at the far corner of the office and began to rummage through the books until he picked one. It made her smile that that particular book was the one he decided to read. I guess all males are the same, no matter from which planet they are from... She thought with perverse glee. One thing was certain, though, as she kept that inquisitive stare at him... Emma could not believe her eyes. He was glorious. To her, even disguising his true form, he had the appearance of someone of royalty and behind those emerald eyes, there was intelligence. She had a bonafide mythological figure – not to mention a being from another planet – right in front of her, in her quarters! Even if he did not notice her... it did not matter. He would notice her soon enough.

For a woman that was famous for being so controlled over her emotions and was even called the 'Ice Queen' because of her cold and pragmatic disposition, it was a struggle for her to stop shaking and having an overflow of emotions coursing through her body. Her lust at that moment was almost impossible to contain, her libido going through the roof. She could feel it threatening to overcome her, something Emma has never experienced by just looking at someone before. She could not help it, she has been waiting for this moment for over four years, ever since that day during the Battle of New York. And then, finally, he appeared to her looking like that! Something inside her was compelling her to just strip naked, jump on him... her... whatever, and claim him right then and there. Oh how many things she could do to that form he was using! To say that the White Queen wanted this Asgardian was an understatement of epic proportions. To have a god and an alien... it was the ultimate luxuria!

But she still had a bit of self-control left, so she suppressed those desires... for now at least.

Watching him, she took in everything about him, which was difficult because she was mesmerized by the form he chose to present himself. Did all Asgardian had that ability? If not, why he could? Emma had experience with shapeshifter, but they were mutants. She had so many questions, so many things she wanted to find out. As she remembered, back when she had a passing glance of him during the Battle, he had a sort of refine quality about him and as she noticed previously, he had intelligence, something she was sure not to find in that other one, the blonde one with a hammer. The White Queen could also sense his sheer power as she scanned him with her psionic energy. His mind was a bit unstable and he did have strong psionic barriers, but his surface thoughts were all over the place. She could sense that he was a handful, which strangely enough, excited her even more. Still, Emma was no fool and she knew that this could be dangerous. This was the being that invaded New York and caused so much damage. But the White Queen was unafraid. She has never met an alien... but he had never met someone like Emma. She was as tough as diamonds... literally.

Oh, how much she wanted to get inside that mind of his...

Stepping out of her room, she stood at the threashold of the door and smiled. “Oh my...” She said loudly and almost gasping in excitement. She needed to control herself. “...Lord Loki. Or should I say my Lady?” She waited for him to take a good look at her, sauntered a few steps forward, and gave him a curtsy, bowing her head, her arms extended slightly, and bending her knees just a little. “Do not be surprise, my Lord, I know who you really are, despite your delicious disguise. I bid you welcome. Allow me to express what an honor and a privilege it is to finally meet you.” She said in that soft, melodic, almost hypnotic British accented voice of hers. She kept her head lowered, but she raised her cold blue eyes, fixing them on his emerald ones. “Permit me, my lord, to introduce myself. Emma Grace Frost, always... and I do mean always... at your service.” Never in her life Emma has shown any kind of reverence towards anyone, but she thought that this Asgardian deserved it. At least until they got to know each other better. “I have been searching for you for quite some time now.”

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
LOKI LAUFEYSON
 Posted: May 18 2018, 04:49 PM
Alien
online status
codename
25 posts
maggie
alias

THE TONGUES OF LIARS

Asgard’s libraries had been his sanctuary as a child, and its books his security, and by simply diving into one, he set aside everything else. Sneers, jeers, they were all forgotten, a thousand years of being the subject of derision was forgotten. Even the Mad Titan himself, who’d occupied a shadowy corner of Loki’s mind for four years now, disappeared even further into the darkness as the trickster sank down into a nearby chair, and crossed his legs beneath himself. He’d read every book the realm eternal had the offer, some of them twice because Asgard’s summers were long, forcing him to remain indoors until they either passed, or he adapted. He learned to adapt, but he remained uncomfortable in the warm conditions.

He’d never cared for the heat. Loki remembered it so well, reading about them, sitting there in a sweat, as he learned they too didn’t care for the heat. He’d never seen it, though. He couldn’t see it. He was small, tall, but nothing compared to them, standing at a full four feet shorter. His skin was pale, and his eyes green, not blue, and not red. And his mind was sharp. The trickster prided himself on that fact, whereas the Jotuns were known to have been borderline neanderthals. The conditions they resided in spoke to that. For all their strength, the world of forever winter was nothing more than a barren wasteland. How could he be one of them? He’d never stopped asking himself that question, even to this day.

My mind is sharp, or at least, that was something he had clung to, ever since his time with him. My mind is sharp, but not as sharp as it was before then. It was as if his most prized possession had been taken, scrambled, and bits of it put back in place, and not the proper places either. Even after four years, the pits remained, and the distorted imagery. Just when he thought he could see it, his memories, as clearly as if he were looking at them through a window, the glass shattered. He thought he had seen it once, that memory, of Thor holding one end of his father’s spear, and Loki the other. He thought he’d seen his brother release his hold on Gungnir, but then the trickster saw himself do it, and then the memory was lost to him, as it shattered in his mind.

Thanos had done that. In Sanctuary, one had to adapt to survive, and for Loki to survive, he had to forget his failings. He hadn’t let go. He couldn’t have let go. It had to have been Thor. It wouldn’t have been him. Thus, he convinced himself of it, and believed it, and trying to unravel the knots he had tangled his mind up in remained difficult even to this day. Thanos had done that. Now, the trickster was going to do this to him, rob him of his most prized possession, the very same way the Mad Titan himself had done. His mind, for an Infinity Stone. It seemed an even trade, and how fitting that he should use the Mind Stone itself to destroy the one currently in his possession. Those were his plans. Those were his intentions. However, they had taken something of a backseat when faced with a Midgardian library, and a book. A book about performance issues, but that was neither here nor there, it was still a book, a veritable fount of knowledge.

Then, flicking through the pages, he sensed it, before he heard it. The signature, shortly accompanied by the voice, that had brought him here, and it struck him as familiar. Last he had been in the middle world, in the company of those that had inhabited it, he only detected two separate types of brainwave patterns, and they either belonged to the likes of the soldier or the man of metal. Either they were made better, or they remained the same, either they were enhanced, or diminished. This one, however, was neither, but familiar all the same. He had sensed it the last time he was here, even amidst the chaos, it had jumped out at him, a mind that seemed without limit. It was at the inevitable creak of the door that his eyes left the words that speckled the page before him, and looked up at her as she glided into the room, like some kind of hauntingly beautiful spectre, like the Valkyrior of old…

‘I have been searching for you for quite some time now’ this ‘Emma Grace Frost’ claimed, and at that, Loki set down the book he had been reading, and rose. Or, at least, he attempted to, “Have you now? And what, pray tell, have I done to deserve such…” then, the seat beneath him started to swivel, and he found himself performing a sort of pirouette while still seated. “What in Ymir’s…” the seat swivelled again, and he performed a pirouette yet again, forcing him to still the contraption beneath him so that he could finally stand on his feet, something he did with much caution. He even shot a wary glance back over his shoulder as if the Midgardian stool were about to rise up, and spin him around again. “And what, pray tell” he resumed, as if nothing had happened, “have I done to deserve such awe?” he questioned.

And, closing the distance between him and her, Loki’s index finger curled under Emma Grace Frost’s chin, and brought her face up to a level with his. “And what are you…?” the trickster questioned, hesitantly, searchingly, emerald green eyes drinking in the features of her face as if the answers lay there. “You are not one of them, those creatures out there” he nodded his head toward the window, “Your mind is too… it is unlike anything I have ever sensed before? Full, yet empty. Solid, yet hollow?” he questioned, curious, fascinated.

words: 993. tagged: EMMA FROST.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
EMMA FROST
 Posted: May 19 2018, 06:34 AM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
18 posts
Eagle
alias

1223 WORDS
Bow Down To Your Queen
Emma had to hide the amusement from her face as she saw him struggle with the swiveling chair. It was so charming and actually understandable. He was, after all, not of this world and hence things that for people were just mundane, for him would be a source of confusion and even wonder. It would have been the same if the roles were reversed and she was the one visiting his planet. She was sure she would have been shocked with awe at the things she would have seen there and what he would consider mundane, she would have consider to be wonders. Never the less, it was amusing to see, especially as he – with a face of a she – struggled to get a hold of the chair. This was going to be interesting. Here she was, as an ambassador of Earth, greeting an alien.

She noted, though, that while he was reading, his mind changed from wonder to a bit of... fear. But he recovered quickly. Was he afraid of being discovered? It stood to reason, as he was persona non grata on Earth after what he did. There was probably no one in the world – unless they lived under a rock – that didn't know who he was. What was amusing – and indicative of how stupid people could be – was that as much as he was hated by the vast majority of Earth's inhabitants, there were people, mostly in social media... the place where the brain went to die... that actually acclaimed him and were 'fans' of him. He was just as famous as he was infamous. Of course, both the hatred and the 'fangirling' died down when he disappeared after the Battle of New York and Emma believe that that was because somehow he was taken off world. But here he was, back. She wondered why, though...

It was hard for someone like the White Queen to remain acting submissive. That was so not her. Emma bowed down to no one... people bow down to her. She was no one's servant. But she needed to show proper respect to him... she sensed that underneath that cloud and maelstrom of a mind he possessed, there was still the simple desire to be acknowledge, to be respected. And she had been quite honest: she has waited for this moment for too long. She sensed that this Asgardian, this entity, this God of Mischief, would play a very crucial and important part in what was to come for not only the Hellfire Club, but also mutantkind and the world in general. She wanted him on her side and if to accomplish that she had to show deference to him, then she would do just that. Besides, the fact that he could change into a female form that looked like that... it would not be hard for Emma to be infatuated with him.

Mostly, because as much as she studied the Poetic Eddas, the book that established most of mythological Loki's story, she took in the myths at face value. She was not sure if the Edda's referred to this Loki or if this alien copied himself after the myth. It was interesting to note that all the depictions of Loki in Norse myth painted the deity in a not so complimentary light. He was represented not only in art but also in literature itself as this unattractive, almost demon-like figure who sole purpose in life was to sow the seed of dissent and confusion. The Trickster and the Betrayer. Of course, it had to be also noted that the Edda's drew a lot of inspiration from the nascent Christianity in Scandinavia back in the days it was written, hence equating Loki to Lucifer. But that was neither here or there. The point was that, having him right in front of her dispelled any notion of many of the Norse myths tropes about him.

At least in respect of the physical attributes. Even though he was in disguise, she has seen his true form – or at least she believed it was his true form – during the Battle of New York. No, on the physical part at least, the Eddas got it wrong. He was magnificent. Sure, she still needed to get a glimpse into his psyche to come to a conclusion about his actions and attitudes in the Poetic Eddas. The always hungry for learning Emma was even more excited – if it could be possible – at the possibility of learning how Norse people from hundreds of years ago came to knowledge about Loki... or if their myths were actually based on this particular alien standing right in front of her. “My lord... your exploits on Earth had become the stuff of legends. Just because it was not successful does not diminishes its impressiveness and importance.” At least to me and the Hellfire Club... She thought as he lifted her face gently. She raised her head, those cold, almost pale cerulean eyes starring straight at his emerald ones, making sure he would see the power behind them. And to drive the point across, she let him inside her mind... just a tad... just enough so he could measure said power.

“One of... them? My lord, perish the thought! Why do you wish to insult me thus?” She replied, almost in a shocked tone, as if she was appalled that he dare compared her to lower lifeforms. She stood up straight and stepped forward, closing the gap between them. She noticed that they were the same height, but that could be because of the form he was using as a disguise. Emma then behave like Emma did, although still showing reverence to him. She sauntered around him, taking in the form he was assuming. “Why, I am what is rudely called in this world a Mutant. The ironic thing is that we, my... race you might say... placed that pseudonym upon ourselves. Not a very complementary name, is it not? It shows your grace how low some of us think about ourselves...” She paused, still looking at him up and down, like a lioness inspecting her next kill. “... not me, though. A better term to describe me is... the next stage in human evolution.”

She moved away from him, sauntering back to the living room in that seductive way only Emma Frost could pull off and goading him to follow her. Speaking over her shoulder as she reached a couch, she continued. “You tell me, my Lord... I allowed you a peek into my mind. What did you see?” Only a tiny fraction of her mind, though. But enough of a look of her psionic energy that would leave no doubt in his mind of who... or what... this woman was. “Quid pro Quo, though... I gave you a peek, so it is fair that you allow me a bit of indulgence in asking you... are all of your people able to change form as you do?” She added as she sat down, once again fixing her gaze upon him. “And also allow me to show some impropriety... but I want you... She paused, feigning blushing. “Eh... to join me in a little adventure, I meant.” She corrected herself quickly. Or did she?

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
LOKI LAUFEYSON
 Posted: May 22 2018, 05:24 PM
Alien
online status
codename
25 posts
maggie
alias

THE TONGUES OF LIARS

“Unsuccessful, it may have been, yes, but that is hardly what others remember?” Loki questioned, one raven eyebrow slowly descending into an arch. He might not have cared much for his appearance, but there were aspects of it that he retained in this female guise. His hair remained black, and his eyes green. He continued to stand at over six foot in height, and his cheekbones were still outstandingly sharp and high in his face. Yet, for all that he retained, his insecurities were not one of them. In this form, he was completely free of them, and he was comfortable in his own skin for the first time in five years.

He was not prepared to shake it off anytime soon, a dangerous state of mind, to be sure. Loki had felt this way before. After Angrboda had died, he’d taken on the form of a cat, and spent a number of years wandering around the palace in that very form. It had been easier, back then, when his control over his shape shifting abilities was limited, his mind was often affected by the form he assumed. In the shape of a wolf, that was exactly how he behaved, and in the guise of a snake, that was exactly how he behaved. In the guise of a cat, his cares were limited to those of a feline, and it made it easier to cope with the loss he had suffered, and the emptiness that had resulted from it.

It may not have been so much about coping at the present time as blending in, but Loki appreciated the comfort this current shape provided him all the same, and despite being in the presence of one that seemed to know him and what he had done, he wasn’t keen to shake it off anytime soon. Staring into the cerulean blue depths of her eyes, the trickster saw her, truly saw her, and the endless trails of the mind at her disposal. They were like rivers flowing, trickling from their source, creating tributaries, only there was no mouth for them to empty into. They just continued to flow. They just continued to trickle. He couldn’t understand it. It was as if he were standing in a room, with no walls, much less corners, and everything had been brought down so only an open floor was before him.

He put one foot in front of another, and another, and another, but not even a stair appeared. Only endless floorboards. Loki had gazed into many a mind, had many a mind open to welcome him, but none quite like this. In Asgard, eventually, the rivers, and its tributaries, ran dry. This was because the magical powers those like himself wielded required energy to use, and even the most resourceful eventually ran out of that energy, which meant there was a limit, but not with her. Emma Grace Frost had no limit, she had no end, and the trickster was determined to learn why. She was not enhanced, her brainwaves did concede as much, but they were not of this world. Not the middle world he knew, at least.

She claimed herself to be a mutant, and while he grasped the general meaning of the term, it did not cast much light on the woman herself. A mutant was considered a freak, a monstrosity, but Loki failed to see anything in this woman that denoted as much. Though, there were many that could look upon him, and while they saw a freak, they failed to see a monster. His skin was not blue. His eyes were not red. “A mutant? I have not heard of such a species residing, much less thriving on Midgard” the trickster conceded, and he wasn’t ashamed to concede it either. He truly had not heard of them, and at catching a glimpse of this Emma Grace Frost, he simply had to know more.

“You were not created” Loki noted as she began to circle him, and those emerald irises of his eyed her, from head to toe, “At least, not in a similar vein to Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” the trickster added, derogatively, “There is something more… ingrained about you, as though you are meant to be here, to what end, I would very much like to know” he smirked, weighing up her use of the term ‘evolution’. Indeed, she was better, better than the likes of the soldier, than the likes of the metal man. Not that that required much. They had been made, in one form or another, but this woman, she just was.

Curiosity, as always, got the better of him, and he found himself following closely at the heels of this blonde ‘mutant’. ‘You tell me, my Lord... I allowed you a peek into my mind. What did you see?’ Emma Grace Frost put to him, and he answered “I see beginnings, but no ends in that mind of yours, Lady… do you mind if I call you, Emma? Lady Emma” Loki choose to address her, “The Norsemen used to tell stories of a serpent, so great in size, he was capable of encircling this world of yours, touching the tip of his tail to the tip of his nose. However, it was foretold that once he began to unravel, it would signal the end of my people, culminating in an apocalyptic event known as Ragnarok. His name was Jormungand. Jormungandr, or Midgardsormr, or whatever. Personally, I just call him Jormy” he chuckled.

“I suppose what I am trying to say, Lady Emma, is we all have our limits, our ends. I am very much intrigued to know yours” Loki grinned, that maniacal grin of his, the maniacalness of which was lost to his present form, far too pretty was she. “They change their form” the trickster informed her, “But not as I do. One of the Aesir could take the form of an owl tomorrow, but lose all sense of who they are in the process. They might not even be able to resume their original form. I have a certain, shall we say, penchant for it. The same Jormungand, Jormungandr, or Midgardsormr, or whatever, I previously mentioned. My offspring. Myself and his mother – ” he paused for a moment, taking a seat across from her.

“we were rather gifted, among shape shifters, adventurous too, I might add” Loki snickered, “So, what is the nature of this venture you mention, that you are undertaking, if I may be so bold to ask?” the trickster questioned. “Since it just so happens that I have undertaken something of a venture of my own, as of late. Perhaps there is a way that both our roads could meet, at some intersecting point..?”

words: 1124. tagged: EMMA FROST.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
EMMA FROST
 Posted: May 23 2018, 08:13 AM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
18 posts
Eagle
alias

2044 WORDS
NOTES: So sorry it is so long! Got carried away!
Bow Down To Your Queen
The Battle of New York was never explained to the general public. The motives for such an invasion remained a secret to people even to this date. Emma herself never could found out exactly why it happened, not even using her contacts in City Hall or Washington. SHIELD kept everything under-wrap and although it was impossible to hide the aftermath, people just took the version of a crazed alien just rampaging at face value. Emma learned of Loki's name through SHIELD agents she either manipulated into telling her or entered their mind and plucked the information out from them. But that was all she managed to gather, although for her, it was enough. The one thing she could be grateful to Loki about was that his little shenanigans made Frost International – and by default, her – wealthier than ever. The company got huge government and private contracts for the reconstruction effort, despite the media claims that Stark was spearheading it. She owed this Loki at least a bit of fun for that.

And no one had fun like Emma. She sure as hell could make it worthwhile for him...

No one could accuse Emma of having low self-esteem. The woman not only boasted about herself, but believed every word of it. Assured, content with who she was, owner of her mind and body, regal, majestic... she really believed that she was the next stage of human evolution. Not always has been like that, though. There was a time, when she was younger, that she thought herself as plain and unassuming, always playing second fiddle to her more attractive sister Adrianne. Winston Frost didn't help matters, as he always was so demanding and outright cruel to her and Christian, even going as far as saying that neither Emma nor Christian were his, as it was well known that Hazel Frost – Emma's mother – was unfaithful to Winston plenty of times. Emma could not blame her. Being the wife of a piece of shit like Winston had to be hell incarnate. Some rumors – which actually amused Emma and she wished they were true – pointed at her butler Smitley as one of the men whom Hazel had affairs with and possible culprit in the conception of Christian and some even said, Emma.

The White Queen felt his mind as he curiously took the peek she offered him. While he was at it, she was observing him with scientific eyes. This time she was studying him. It was clear to her that she could not get into his mind, not without seriously focusing her psionic powers on him and that would be counterproductive. She didn't how his mind would react to a probe and she had no desire to hurt him or herself trying to invade it. She, however, could sense his when he entered hers... the maelstrom, the darkness and the despair inside his mind was palpable. This Loki... this 'god'... was a very complicated being... a puzzle... one that Emma could enjoy getting to solve. He had power, and lots of it, but at the same time he felt as if he was weak... or unworthy. That was interesting, but she wasn't going to press him. As with everything, patience was a virtue and the White Queen was patient.

“I am not surprised you have not heard of us, my Lord. Not many inhabitant of this fair world know of our existence, so why would someone of your higher status and majesty would? And not all of us are the same. We all have different... attributes... you might say?” She paused and licked her lips softly, seductively, even invitingly. “Some are powerful, other weaker. But very few are like me...You could say I am at the top of the food chain.” She was not exaggerating. Emma Frost was as powerful a being as anyone could be. Very few mutants could be compared to her. “Of course, I would never presumed to be even close to your power and loftiness, my... master...” She was not that sure about that, but she knew how to struck the male ego. And whether this beautiful being from another planet was disguised as a lady or not, he was still at heart a male. One thing was certain: here she was, using her silver tongue with the Trickster of Norse mythology, well known for his own silver tongue. Surreal indeed.

It was worth noting that she had read and studied all the poems and myth about him and she remembered one specifically. His mouth being sewed shut. She found that amusing but it showed her that he was one that knew how to manipulate just by talking. A man after her own heart. It was also well known that according to the legends, the God of Mischief was also one of curiosity and it seemed that the existence of something called Mutants was too much for him to pass out. She gained his attention, not that Emma had any doubts that she would. “Master! Please! Stop insulting me!” Notice how she started to change from 'my lord' to an even more reverent tone. She sensed his insecurities, it wasn't hard, as they bubbled in the surface of his brain like lava spewing from a volcano. The White Queen was proficient in using those surface thoughts. He needed some sort of vindication and Emma was all too happy to do that for him... to play the part of someone that would idolize him.

“I beg you my master, do not compared me to others. Of course I am not like... them. Earth's Mightiest Heroes indeed. Would you call a diamond or a precious... Gem? Stone? she could sense those words in his surface thoughts... interesting. “...jewel a trinket? Please remove such thoughts from your cherished mind.” she replied and watched him as he sat beside her, her hypnotic blue eyes never leaving his. Emma's eyes were quite unusual and she sometimes wondered if it was part of her X-gene. The blue was almost white, almost crystalline, like her diamond form. None of her family members had blue eyes as hers. She began to notice this after the procedure she went through with Casandra Nova, when she received her second mutation. The ruler of the Hellfire Club was probably one if not the only one in mutantkind with two unrelated mutations. It did not matter, because those eyes of hers were the thing that both attracted and intimidated men and women alike.

His description of Emma's mind was on point. His confusion was understandable. Psionic powers indeed have limits, based mostly on how much psychic energy the person could draw from in order to manifest their abilities. Some telepaths had such pathetically low levels of psionic energy that they never manifested them, others had finite amounts and hence gave them finite uses for it. Her sister Cordelia, for example, was in that group, although Emma also believed that Cordelia's problem was that she was lazy. Then there were those like Charles Xavier, who had an extraordinary amount or Jean Grey, who was not only a pathetic cheap whore of dubious lineage, but also had extraordinary amounts but were extremely bad at controlling and releasing it. And then there was Emma who... simply put it... had an unlimited reservoir. That was why he could not find an end. Emma had her limits... of course she did... but what made her special was the ability to compensate for those limits with other amazing feats.

Lady… do you mind if I call you, Emma? She smiled at him. “You can call me anything you desire, my lord and master... I am yours to do as you please...” The White Queen said in that soft, seductive, hypnotic British accented voice of hers. She knew she was playing a dangerous game, a very dangerous one, making Loki believe that she was as submissive as she pretended to be when in reality she was anything but. Emma Frost and submissive were words that never mixed. But it was an exhilarating game, almost like roleplaying – which incidentally, she has done a lot with plenty of her lovers – and she also believed that it kept him intrigued. It kept him guessing. And for some reason, although she acknowledged the danger he might pose, she also was certain that he would never harm her. There was something endearing about him and Emma was a very good judge of character.

She listened in fascination – although you would not have know it by looking at her eyes and face, who remained neutral – to his story and was even more intrigued when he mentioned the Norsemen. So her suspicions were correct... he knew about them, which meant one of two things: Either he heard or read about Earth history or... he has been here before, way in the past, which made this being ancient. This was getting better and better and she could not wait to sit and talk to him for hours on end, to learn everything she could. But that moment was not yet here. This moment was more like an introduction. “My limits? Tsk, tsk... my Lord, that would be telling, would it be not?” She said teasingly and now she was showing the real Emma, more in command. It was her turn to place her finger on his chin. She felt how cold his skin was and it was interesting as she inspected his face, his 'female' face, those cerulean ovals not blinking, absorbing every little detail.

“Hmm... interesting. Although you have changed your features, it does not look like the same type of shape-shifting I am familiar with. We too have shape-shifters here in... Midgard. But not you... you still have some characteristics of the real you under this beautiful mask you wear.” Perhaps that was why she found the 'mask' gorgeous. It was a mix of his own facial attributes and the disguised he wore. An illusion? No, she would have sensed it. A trick? He spoke about magic... something Emma did not believe existed... so maybe some sort of holographic projection? That didn't seem correct. A metagenic transformation? Part physical and part illusion? But he felt real to the touch. As her finger ran across his cheeks, caressing it. As many questions he might have had for her, she had an equal amount for him. He fascinated her and the familiar feeling of lust was returning to her. Knowledge was such a turn on.

He got down to business and Emma had to pause all the questions she wanted to pose to also get down to the reason she looked for him and summoned him to her presence in the first place. “Very well. It is quite simple. My race, my mutant race, will soon be under siege. You see, normal inhabitants of this world do not know yet of our existence among their numbers. For decades... I could even dare say centuries... we have lived in hiding and fearful of retribution. People tend to be prejudiced and violent of things that are not like them as well as things their primitive brains could not understand. It had work for now and many of us had managed to prosper... as you can see.” She said, motioning at the impressive and expensive accommodations they were in. “But it is a matter of time until the 'normals' begin to take notice of us. So it occurred to me that the time is soon at hand for us, the dominant species, to take over. I do not want genocide, perish the thought, but rather that the elite take control and guide those lesser beings into a brighter new world.” She moved closer to him, her face almost touching his, a guileful smile on her lips. “I want you to be my side for it. In return, you shall have everything you desire. A safe haven, power, sex, wealth, and resources that would boggle your mind... all in your service, to fulfill your own ambitions... whatever they might be. You shall soon find out that I am the best ally anyone could have”. She finished, keeping her face close to his and her ice-cold eyes never leaving his emerald ones.

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0

PM
^
LOKI LAUFEYSON
 Posted: May 27 2018, 06:29 PM
Alien
online status
codename
25 posts
maggie
alias

THE TONGUES OF LIARS

It wasn’t long before Loki’s brow started to furrow, before his eyes started to narrow, the longer he listened to her. ‘Not many inhabitant of this fair world know of our existence, so why would someone of your higher status and majesty would?’ the words leapt at him, struck him, not because he was questioning her use of such lofty terms, but because he could not recall the last time such terms were attributed to him. To Thor, yes, but him, it had been some time. It hadn’t been five years ago when everything went to Hel, nor even five hundred years ago. It had been around the time the trickster had decided to take a pair of shears to Sif’s hair when they were children, the evidence of which remained abundantly clear to this day. The warrior goddess once had golden hair, but it turned as black as his when he sought to restore it. Damned dwarves…

It was a childish prank, but rather than laugh about it in hindsight, it served as the first instigator of people’s distrust of him, and that distrust only grew over time. Because, as a child, he cut someone’s hair, someone’s bloody hair! It wasn’t as if he ripped someone’s hand off, although, that, Loki did laugh at in hindsight. He didn’t particularly care for Fenrir, or Jormungand for that matter, but he experienced something resembling pride that day, when his rabid wolf for a son crippled Tyr. And he deserved it too! What kind of moron willingly placed his hand inside the mouth of a creature, so vicious, they had to task the dwarves of Nidavellir with crafting a chain capable of binding him? But the war god thought it was a great idea, and rightfully lost one of his appendages for that way of thinking too. Only an Odinson would be so foolish…

The way the Lady Emma spoke of her kin was interesting. Some were powerful, others were weak, but very few were like her. “There are no men like me” Loki could vividly recall telling that elderly gentleman in Stuttgart. How very intriguing this was proving to be… He might have previously spoken of limitations, but he could sense no such thing within her, and as long as he had the Tesseract at his disposal for the use of his magical abilities, he had none either. How very, very intriguing this was proving to be… It was almost too good to be true, that he should find someone like him, as powerful as him, in the meagre realm of Midgard. “Perhaps not…” the trickster’s brow furrowed, and his eyes narrowed once again, as she proclaimed ‘Of course, I would never presumed to be even close to your power and loftiness, my... master...’.

This time, there was caution in her voice, though, a hint of hesitance and uncertainty. It was both discomforting and comforting at the same time, to be addressed, to be spoken to, in such a manner once again. Then, her digits graced his skin, and he was surprised that she didn’t immediately withdraw them upon discovery of how cold his flesh was. Plenty of others had, Sigyn among them. He hadn’t thought much of it then, but now he did. Still, the Lady Emma didn’t, and examined his face with her searching fingers, and exploratory eyes. They were blue, so blue, like the sky on a cold, yet clear day. “I retain what I choose, and relinquish what I do not” Loki explained the manner of his current transformation, and reached up in an attempt to brush her digits away, but upon glancing them, his own stilled against hers.

He’d forgotten how light they were, those that inhabited the middle world. Their bodies did not contain the same mass as those of the other eight realms. They were not as sturdy, and they were not as heavy, and for a brief moment, he was taken aback by it. He hadn’t experienced a touch like it in centuries, and not just in the sense that it was soft, but in the sense that it was gentle too, and there was no intent there to do him harm. So taken back was he by it, his fingers traced the lengths of hers, the lines that created crevices in her hands, and it felt like there was nothing there at all. Nothing but the warmth, indeed, his skin meant that upon touching most others, the first thing he experienced was the heat emanating from them. But he was not averse to it. Perish the thought…

Then, the Lady Emma played her hand, ‘My race, my mutant race, will soon be under siege…’, but he didn’t understand it. He’d seen her mind, and how anyone could lay siege to such an individual was beyond his comprehension. Her use of the word ‘prosper’ to describe their attempts to live in peace with the middle folk also confused him, when they were insects by comparison. Everyone has their limits… he supposed, but then she laid her cards on the table. ‘So it occurred to me that the time is soon at hand for us, the dominant species, to take over’ she elaborated, and that, he understood. “You might be disappointed in the results, darling. You may recall, the last conquest I waged of this world did not exactly go in my favour” his fingers remained absentmindedly intertwined with hers, “But then again, I did not have you then, did I?” he impishly pointed out.

But then, all traces of mischievousness left his voice, and his face both, as the truth of what lay in the deep reaches of space emerged from the shadows of his mind. The middle folk were the least of her concerns… Loki’s fingers locked with hers, and brought her fingertips to the temple of his brow, “Can you see into my mind as I did yours, see what lingers there? You remember the war I waged on your home world, the forces that rained down upon it? He is there, in my mind, he who leant me those forces, and he will not remain there for much longer. Whatever about my chances against the people of this world, I do not fancy them going up against him…”

words: 1049. tagged: EMMA FROST.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
EMMA FROST
 Posted: May 28 2018, 07:51 AM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
18 posts
Eagle
alias

1501 WORDS
Bow Down To Your Queen
The White Queen knew she had his attention. She didn't have to read his mind to see in his eyes that the wheels were turning inside his head, that he was pondering what she had said. Emma Frost was quite adept in catching someone's interest and hold it, mainly because the luscious blonde oozed confidence. She commanded any room she walked into by her sheer magnetism and charisma, not to mention her physical attributes, which were plenty. Tall, regal, curvaceous... she exuded sexuality... power... wealth... and most importantly... intelligence. Her soft British accented voice was as hypnotic as her pale cerulean eyes were and as intimidating and when she spoke, she did so with the weight of knowledge and understanding behind her every words. Those skills were not part of her impressive array of powers, perish the thought. Those were learned through a life full of experiences. She might have been boasting when she said there was no one like her... but it was all true. Emma was in a league of her own.

She traced her finger all over his cheeks and even his lips. To someone casually observing, the gesture would have seem sexual or flirtatious in nature, but that was not the case. She was actually fascinated by how cold his skin was... as if he was a block of ice, which suited her perfectly. Was she not called sometimes the Ice Queen? The only exception was that her coldness was inside, in her heart and her mind. On the outside, she was quite the warm-blooded woman... as many, many, many lovers were all too happy to acknowledge. During those moments of carnal pleasure, Emma was anything but cold. In fairness, it was not that the White Queen was emotionless. She did feel things, even... in the rarest of occasions... love. She loved Mimi and Christian and Smitley and Cordelia, as well as being very fond of other people. It was that she was pragmatic about things and also she didn't like to be controlled or told what she had to do with her body, her mind and her life. She was the purest form of individuality there was.

Loki's admission about his shape-shifting made her smile softly, as she continued to stare at him with unblinking eyes and feeling the coldness of his skin on her fingertip. She had so many questions: Was it a metagenic transformation or was it some sort of mental illusion? If it was an illusion, how did it manage to break her own psionic perceptions? Were the legends true, that he could transform into anything? Was the whole body transformed, with all the corresponding parts and if that was the case... how? However, she decided to leave all the questions for another time. When he reached for her hand, Emma didn't even flinched, but instead her eyes narrowed a tad, just focusing on his. But she could feel his strength, even as he touched her lightly. His mass was off the charts, at least compare to humans. The always hungry for knowledge Emma began to hypothesize why this was so. In all probability it had to do with his planet of origin. Either the gravitational pull of the planet itself were extraordinary, hence supporting beings that could live under those conditions or it was something unique of his race. Another aspect of him she wanted to know more about.

Oh, she was aware of what happened in the Battle of New York and she had a pretty good idea why it resulted in this magnificent being's defeat. It got nothing to do with Loki's abilities and everything to do with... “Allow me, my beautiful lord and master, to be forthright for a moment. Your defeat at the hand of those pathetic and distasteful so called Avengers got nothing to do with your genius nor your skills. You had those in droves. Sure, you had those mindless beasts to wreck havoc, but they were just that... mindless. What you lacked, however, was not only followers to help you in your task, but also resources.” She said and pushed the limits of what he would allow her a bit more. If he was to lash against her, she was confident that she could turn into Diamond form before he could even touch her. And she was certain that in that form she could match his own strength if necessary.

She leaned forward and right after she said the word resources, she licked his mouth, her tongue softly tracing both upper and lower 'female' lips. She moved her head back a bit and smiled. His lips were also cold. “I, on the other hand, possess both, not to mention the influence and my unique... way... to bend people to my will. And it is not only with the use of power... I have other methods, as you might have probably noted.” Oh she had other methods alright... one look at her was all the evidence needed for that. She grinned, a beautiful smile across a beautiful face when he acknowledge that he did not have her back then. By the gods, he got it. But she decided to play the teaser... Hmm, the Trickster and the Teaser... it has a nice ring to it. She thought puckishly. “Loki!” She exclaimed in feign shock, using his name without an honorific for the first time. “Do you imply that you might have me someday? How presumptuous and indecorous of you!” She added, but her eyes told a different story. Of course he could have her, at anytime, she told him with her eyes.

Suddenly, though, he became somber and his surface brainwaves became unsteady. Fear gripped him and she could sense its waves hitting her psyche like a relentless storm. He remembered something and apparent from the way he changed demeanor, it was something that scared him to his core. He searched for her fingers with his and locked them together, as if looking for comfort, slowly moving her hand upwards, to his temple, almost begging her to touch it. What he said next sent shivers all over her body. He is there... Now was not the time for flirtatious games, as Emma sensed danger. Not from Loki, no... from something or someone Loki was afraid of. That in itself was cause for concern. This being went head to head with the Avengers and never during the whole fracas did Emma feel fear in him. If he was afraid of someone, that meant that someone merited such fears. It was not the time now for holding back. Emma placed one hand on the left side of his face and the other on the right side and knelt herself in the couch, her unblinking eyes fixed on his. She didn't even ask him to lower his barriers... her mind just barge right through his...

... A storm of thoughts, like a hurricane of psionic energy, like a tornado of souls. She could see hundreds of faces, some he was fond of, most of them he despised, none she could recognized. A blond woman, beautiful... he scorned her... another, older and more regal but equally beautiful... this one he loved. A giantess... a pathetic looking one with the eyes of submission... A serpent... a wolf... a man with one hand... his brother, the blonde brute... a man with one eye... that one she had a pretty good idea who it was. Odin... and that made her almost scream in joy... she was seeing actual mythological deities! But there was no time for that. She searched and searched, image after image, until she reached a dark place. Pitch dark. And from the darkness she could see desolation... destruction... His memories of a hasty evacuation. But she could not break through the center of the darkness... she had to push harder, regardless that it might harm her. So she did, focusing her impressive psionic energy on the one spot... and she saw him, just a glimpse, a small glimpse... and all she thought was: I am death, the destroyer of worlds...

She pulled back and released his face. There was a liquid trickling from her nose and when she wiped it, she found out it was blood. It took her a few seconds to compose herself, standing from the couch and sauntering away from Loki. As she did so, she collected her thoughts. Although she was shaken at first, she regained that confidence and self-assurance she was infamous for. Turning around, she stared at the beautiful being still seated on her couch and smile. “If that is who you are afraid of... my darling, dread not. I shall keep you safe...” She promised him, but she was not sure if she could keep that promise or not... but she would do her best to fulfill it. “If that is a threat that awaits us, then it is most imperative that we prepare for it.” She added.

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
LOKI LAUFEYSON
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 05:19 PM
Alien
online status
codename
25 posts
maggie
alias

THE TONGUES OF LIARS

Loki could remember his exchange with the Other during his attempted conquest, how the forces he had been furnished with lacked ‘finesse’. “Our warriors are fearless. They welcome a glorious death” which was a problem, as the trickster himself had pointed out. ‘Mindless’ was certainly an apt description for the Chitauri, a cybernetically enhanced race that operated through a mothership. They had no reason to fight, so why would the most basic urge to survive drive them in battle? He liked to believe that they were, indeed, part of the problem, part of the chink in his armour. Though, truth be told, the place where his heart once was wasn’t in it, and his mind had been all but scrambled. It had been a way out, and nothing more, and he had gotten that much out of it, that much had gone in his favour.

This time, it was different. Loki had recovered, at least somewhat, from his time in Sanctuary, and he wanted to see that thing stopped. It wasn’t just some means to an end this time, it was the end, and he intended to start with the stones, with the one he had in his possession and the one already here. Thanos was powerful, there was no denying that, but if that major advantage were to be stripped away, there might be some way of bringing him down with enough numbers. Indeed, it seemed, if there were more like the Lady Emma on Midgard, those numbers might just prove sufficient. Perhaps it was also worth his while to seek out Thor, and bring his allies into the equation as well. After all, their home, just as Asgard had been, would soon be under threat.

Earth’s Defenders, the trickster certainly hoped so, not that he cared about the middle world, simply about the Mad Titan being brought to heel once and for all. And he needed all the help he could get in that pursuit… Loki also needed to figure out where in the name of Ymir the sceptre was so that he could get on with destroying the Tesseract. The cube had been nothing but a source of trouble for the better part of five years, going all the way back to his time in Sanctuary. It had been the reason Thanos had agreed to send him to Earth, and the thing he was going to suffer dearly for not delivering to him. Of course, it didn’t help that the Mind Stone was also lost in the process, so it seemed only fitting that he used one to destroy the other, the stone he was tasked to retrieve and to one he had been given in order to retrieve it. That thing had as good as handed him the tools of his own undoing.

‘And it is not only with the use of power... I have other methods, as you might have probably noted’ the Lady Emma pointed out, and while it had been quite some time, at least for him, Loki had to concede that she was right about that much. Her abilities were not just of the mind, as she had previously claimed, though he was certain that Thanos and his Black Order weren’t going to be swayed by that, there were others that might pose a problem that could. After all, he still needed the sceptre, and if it was anywhere to be found, then it was within S.H.I.E.L.D. Someone like the Lady Emma could certainly prove useful in that pursuit, but first, she needed some insight, some understanding of what was on the horizon. The trickster granted her that, as he opened the door to his mind, and ushered her inside, so that she could see what he had seen. He looked straight into her eyes as she looked into his, green connecting with blue, as he led her through the corridors of his psyche, but she saw much more than he intended.

It wasn’t so much door, as doors being flung open. Loki tried to close them to her, and he might have been irked by his failure if he weren’t so impressed. No sooner did he start to push at the wooden panelling, she pushed back against him, and blasted her way inside, and if he learned nothing else from this experience then it was the true extent of the power she wielded. But she did eventually find him, embedded so deeply in the trickster’s mind, he started to experience her probe, as if something sharp were piercing his mind itself. At that, emerald green irises vanished behind his eyelids as they fluttered to a close, as he tried to endure against the increasingly painful examination of his mind, until his face caught fire. He felt the heat of the flames searing on his skin, and his hand leapt to his cheek, his digits inspecting the skin, as it to make sure it was no longer scorched. It wasn’t, it was no longer twisted, contorted as a result of the burns, but smooth. He wasn’t there anymore, he had to remind himself. He was free, and free to ensure retribution was swiftly delivered too.

‘If that is a threat that awaits us, then it is most imperative that we prepare for it’ Loki looked up at the Lady Emma’s words, and composed, or struggling to compose himself, rose from where he was sitting to approach her. “Most certainly, darling. That thing you saw, that creature, his name is Thanos, one of the Eternals and perhaps the last. His goal? To wipe out half of the universe, to target nations who have exceeded themselves, and to cut them in half, all in the name of prosperity. There is a weapon he desires, seeks in an effort to accomplish that, weapons as it happens, which gives us an advantage. There are six of them, and if we can destroy but one, we have some hope of stalling him, if not stopping him. It just so happens, I have one” and with that, Loki conjured the Tesseract, so the glowing blue cube appeared within the palm of his hand, “which I intend to destroy with the use of another here in Midgard, or use the other to destroy this one, I am not particularly pushed” the trickster explained dismissively.

“Although, I imagine, an energy source with a similar signature may suffice in place of the one I seek..?” Loki mused on the possibility.

words: 1079. tagged: EMMA FROST.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
EMMA FROST
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 08:19 AM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
18 posts
Eagle
alias

1280 WORDS
Bow Down To Your Queen
Although she tried not to show it, breaking through his psionic barriers and swimming inside that stormy mind of his took its told on Emma. As powerful as she was, she had limits like anyone else and trying to breach a mind that had psionic powers as well was always difficult. Not many minds could stop Emma from plunging into them if necessary, but there were some that pose a challenge and even danger to herself. In fact – and this might come to a surprise for Loki – Emma seldom relied on her powers to accomplish her goals. It was a lesson she learned during the events at the Massachusetts Academy, back when Adrianne became insane and did her barbaric deeds. The White Queen realized then that relying solely on her powers was a recipe for heartbreak and failure, so she developed other ways to carry out her will. Becoming diamond was one of them.

Manipulation, sexual or otherwise, was always the main tool Emma used, as well as the application of influence, wealth and information. Violence was the last resort for luscious minx, but that didn't mean she was above using it. The takeover of the Hellfire Club, both times, was done with violence, especially the second time around, as Shaw was not willing to just retire and leave Emma in charge. A fight ensued between Shaw and his allies and Emma and hers and for a few moments the outcome wasn't set in stone. At the end, though, she prevailed and with her victory the whole of the Hellfire Network – with all its resources – became hers. Unlike Shaw, however, Emma decided to rule with a silk hand instead of an iron fist, instituting much needed changes in the organization and running of the vast network and always allowing its members freedom to pursuit their own agendas, as long as those personal goals did not interfere with the overall strategy of the Inner Circle.

The White Queen had a very good eye for talent and never passed an opportunity to recruit people that could help accomplish those strategies for the Club. She also have the uncanny ability to rein in personal issues those people might have and make them follow her. It was no exaggeration to say that she was correct in pursuing Loki as long as she had, because by just entering his mind she realized how valuable he could be as an individual for her. His powers were completely different from anything she has seen in her fellow mutants or any enhanced beings. His mind was messy, true, but that was – in a strange way – part of his charms. His intelligence and cunning could rival hers and who knew... maybe even surpass it. In a way, Emma believed she has found her equal, someone she could look up as being able to keep up with her. Not to mention he was adorable, no matter what form he took. Naughty Emma...

She sensed him standing up and moving to where she was. As she listened to him, she turned around slowly and shortened the distance between them, placing her hands on his – hers – waist and taking in his beautiful female face. It was so strange to think of him both as a he and a she. But she decided to forgo the attraction she was feeling at the moment and focus on his words. Thanos... that was a very alien name. It reminded her of Thanatos, the Greek mythology god of death and for what Loki was saying, the comparison might be spot on. The being the God of Mischief was describing sounded mad. Destroy half the universe? For what possible reason? What could be gain by that? Prosperity? What a preposterous proposition! Of course, Emma was looking at things from the perspective of a person from Earth and it was difficult to wrap her mind around alien concepts. But in a way, she would love to get inside that Thanos fellow's mind. She wonder what she would find there.

“Those scenes of destruction I saw in your mind... that was him, was it?” Could that has been Loki's home? It was clear for Emma that this Thanos terrified Loki. She could sense it in his mind and even now looking at him she could see that he was scared. It could terrify her too, except that Emma was very cool under pressure. There was very little that could unsettle Emma. Sure, it seems clear at that moment that there was a bigger threat out there than the Sokovia Accords and the future of mutantkind, but the White Queen always believed that every situation had its solution. Earth has never faced someone like this Thanos... but he had never faced people with powers on Earth either. There was always two sides. All they needed to figure out was how to use their advantages while hiding their weaknesses. Loki could be instrumental for that, as he had have experience dealing with this being.

And on cue, he gave her a possible strategy to use. Six gems. Destroy one and that might derail Thanos' plans for a moment and buy them some time. She then stepped back a little as he produced one of those gems... which looked nothing like a gem, more like a glowing blue cube. She could sense the power contained inside it, though. She looked at it, fascinated. When he mentioned another one on Earth, Emma began to put pieces together. The last she saw Loki, during the battle of New York, he had in his possession some sort of spear or... scepter? Something like that. But now, as he stood in front of her, he did not have it. The White Queen could only conclude that after his defeat, it was taken from him. If there was an agency that would have kept that thing... it would have been SHIELD. That pose a problem and Emma needed to first confirm her suspicions and then tell him what had happened.

She caressed the smooth skin of his face and once again felt the coldness emanating from it. It felt good, like a soothing balm. “By any chance, was it the weapon you wielded during your invasion?” She asked and got closer. She could not help it, it was like magnetism. “If that is the case, then SHIELD got hold of it... but I am afraid I got bad news... SHIELD is no more. Something happened and the whole organization came crashing down, which means that your weapon could be anywhere.” She added and then sauntered to a work desk, typing some commands on a keyboard. Suddenly several holographic images appear, mostly stock footage of the destruction of the Triskellion. “That building was SHIELD's headquarters. As you can see, it was quite messed up. I managed, through contacts and acquaintances in high places, to gather some of its files but haven't had a chance to study them. Perhaps I could find out about this weapon through them. Then we shall take it from there.” She closed the images and then sauntered back to him.

“We can also study that cube. You might not believe it, but I do have some resources at my disposal that could be useful for that.” She said with an impish smile. This could be a good initial test for Frostbyte, the secret project that has been developed by Frost International. Once again she got very close to him and smirked. “Does this means that you take me as your ally?” She asked, her soft British accented voice full of mischief.

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
LOKI LAUFEYSON
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 05:42 PM
Alien
online status
codename
25 posts
maggie
alias

THE TONGUES OF LIARS

‘Those scenes of destruction I saw in your mind... that was him, was it?’ the Lady Emma questioned, and he grimly nodded his head. Scenes of destruction in his mind, they could have been anything. Asgard, any other world, his mind, even. The Mad Titan had certainly left his mark on that, but the trickster wasn’t quite within reach of his version of madness, not yet, at least. He’d had his moments, genocidal moments to be sure, but the issue of overpopulation wasn’t the reason he had targeted the Jotuns, there was something a great deal more personal behind his attack on Jotunheim. And he hadn’t so much targeted humans when he set his sights on Earth as he did anyone that stood in his way, and those he did, they were swiftly dealt with, and for good reason.

Loki hadn’t come to Midgard with any intent on being defeated, but if it happened to end that way, well… Disappointing Thanos was not an option, but neither was remaining under him a moment longer, so he allowed the chips to fall where they may. He might have nudged them ever so slightly in the latter direction, and as a result, he had created quite the mess, for himself more so than anyone else. Had he succeeded, he might have been standing among the ranks of his Black Order at this very moment, but he hadn’t, and here he was scrambling about Midgard in an effort to stop them all. Yet, he didn’t feel regret for his actions, he didn’t exactly feel relief either, but the trickster had disentangled himself from a number of predicaments in the past. He just had to treat this one as if it were no different from the others.

It was, but he refused to look at it that way for the foreseeable future. As long as he was here, as long as he had the Tesseract, and the sceptre was within his grasp, Loki stood a chance. Provided the Mad Titan kept his distance a little longer, there was a chance. With any luck, his defeat at the hands of Midgard and its inhabitants might give him pause. They were not as feeble as he expected, and the Lady Emma was certainly proving that in his eyes. There was a great deal more to them, it seemed.

The heat of her hands greeted his face again, as she inquired into the very thing he was looking for. The sceptre. The Lady Emma confirmed his suspicions as to its whereabouts, within S.H.I.E.L.D’s grasp, only, there was more to it than that, a great deal more… S.H.I.E.L.D was gone, defeated, which could only mean one thing, finding the Mind Stone would prove trickier than he anticipated. Fortunately, he was well versed in that particular area. “Oh… that is bothersome…” he grumbled, and though he didn’t sound, or look dismayed, he felt a pinch of it. The warmth of her skin vanished from his cheeks, as she withdrew to sidle away from him, approaching her desk before she conjured up a series of images, which he momentarily mistook for the destruction he wrought on New York.

The Lady Emma informed him otherwise. The building he watched as it was reduced to rubble was something called the ‘Triskelion’, yet another base of S.H.I.E.L.D’s, which just so happened to suffer a fate similar to their flying command centre. There was hope, however, as she informed him that there might be something left they could muddle through, so-called ‘files’ that might aid them in their search for the Mind Stone. “My, my, my, darling, aren’t you the resourceful one?” Loki smirked, as for studying the cube, that did give him some ideas, “Indeed… this one, and the other, they emit a very specific energy signal, quite like the mental signature you and I emit. You found me” he winked at her, “Perhaps there is a way the Tesseract can help us find the sceptre?” he added.

“My lady” Loki, with an impish smile of his own, offered her the cube, almost reverently, “I do believe we have an accord, however…” the trickster soon proceeded to withdraw it again, ‘mutant’, though she might have defined herself, there was no guarantee the stone would not affect her as it had done others in the past. “These objects, they are indeed weapons, and there are only a few that can handle them, so I would advise you exercise caution. This one, I can touch because… well, there are none quite like me” the trickster grinned, “And none quite like you either, but this one, like the others, can only be handled by extremely durable individuals. As powerful as you are, as your mind certainly is, does the same apply to your…” vivid green eyes brushed over her, “body?” he questioned as those same vivid green eyes lingering.

words: 813. tagged: EMMA FROST.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
EMMA FROST
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 09:26 AM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
18 posts
Eagle
alias

1063 WORDS
Bow Down To Your Queen
The fall of the dreaded SHIELD was a moment of celebration for Emma Frost when it happened. To see the arrogant and mighty organization crumble from within was beautiful to watch. Sure, she lost her contacts there... although not really, most of them moved on and landed jobs either inside the WSC or CIA or other agencies around the world, so in a sense, she expanded her information network. She had 'feelers' everywhere, thanks to the Hellfire Club and her... own... methods, and that gave her access to all sorts of juicy intel. However, would she have known that the fall of SHIELD might complicate things now, as apparently it did, she would not have been so happy that it fell. Hindsight was always twenty-twenty, she supposed. If the silly organization would have still be around, all she needed was to find someone high enough and retrieve Loki's Scepter. Easy enough. But with SHIELD gone... it was going to be a task finding out where the damn thing ended up.

Still, the White Queen wasn't discouraged... perish the thought. The woman was patient... she was cool and collected under pressure. They would find out where the weapon was, one way or another. Of that she was certain. It would take them longer... and time seemed to be of essence... but they would track down where the Scepter ended up and retrieve it or destroy it, depending on what Loki wanted to do. As she told the gorgeous alien, she possessed plenty of files, salvaged in an information dumped her people inside SHIELD and her own computer wizards in Frost International conducted during and after the destruction of the Triskelion. She also could get Senator Armand, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Oversight Committee, to provide her with the pieces that could fill the blanks. The Senator was enamored by her, not knowing that she possessed... shall we say... compromising footage of him doing scandalous things in the Hellfire Club. And by scandalous, it meant things that could make even Emma blush. Either way, he would help her, be it by his own accord or because his position and career would be threatened.

“My, my, my, darling, aren’t you the resourceful one?” He had no idea. Loki was seeing just a fraction of the resources, wealth and power she could bring forth with the Hellfire Network and Frost International. They have kept in the shadows for too long, bidding their time, waiting for the right moment and now, with Loki by her side, it was time they flexed their muscles for a bigger cause than just amassing wealth and influence. It was worth it, accumulating all that power through the years. But power that was not used was wasted. It was time to use a bit of it. “You honor me, my lord. Yes, I do have some resourcefulness in me. Understand, it's not easy being a woman in a man's world... especially one that is a mutant and could be discovered at any time. I need to be extra resourceful if I were to succeed.” She replied in that soft voice of hers. Emma's powers gave her a huge advantage, though... but if she didn't possess those powers, she would probably have not reached as high as she had.

The information he shared with her was interesting and gave her a point of reference for studying the cube. They could concentrate in isolating the energy patterns and waves it emit, almost as the way she saw brainwaves on people. Each brain had a particular wave, an unique signature that could be set-apart. A 'fingerprint', if you will. That was how she could track people with her mind, by learning to differentiate each wave by their unique structure, picking up the subtle changes in brainwaves. The same thing could be applied to this 'gem' and once that was done, it was just a matter of creating a way to track that same pattern. “There is always a way. Do not dismay, my beautiful angel... I shall not disappoint.” She said with insurmountable certainty, which was a hallmark of Emma Grace Frost. She oozed confidence, almost as much as she oozed sensuality.

The deal was struck and they had come to a mutual beneficially agreement. He would have at his disposal all the resources and power the Hellfire Network and her company could provide and in exchange, she would have him by her side. To anyone looking at this from the outside, it might appear that Loki was getting the better part of the deal, but perish the thought. Emma knew that by bringing him to the fold, herself and by default the Inner Circle, had gained the last piece they needed to start making their move. Not only that, but his information had warned her of a bigger threat looming and information was always power. She was going to enjoy this immensely... She certainly was going to enjoy him immensely. The White Queen smiled coyly when he offered the cube to her but then retracted it, showing concern for her well being. “...can only be handled by extremely durable individuals. As powerful as you are, as your mind certainly is, does the same apply to your…”

She didn't let him finish the sentence when all of the sudden her smooth and silky skin was replaced by a diamond one, even each hair of her mane turned into crystalline form, changing from vibrant gold to glistering white. Only her eyes and the clothes she wore remained the same, her whole body transformed into one of the strongest substances in the world, second only to Vibranium and Adamantium. This was Emma's diamond form, she was the only being in existence that could perform such feat. Sure, she was certain other mutants and maybe even superhumans could transform their bodies into other elements, but none as durable and strong as diamond. She herself was a 'gem'. She gave him a glistering smile and took the cube from him as if nothing. She held it, staring at it, and to be honest... was not impressed. Oh, she was sure that if she would have take it without transforming it could have done her some harm, but in this form... not a chance. “I am more than meets the eye, my love. Do you like it?”  

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
LOKI LAUFEYSON
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 05:16 PM
Alien
online status
codename
25 posts
maggie
alias

THE TONGUES OF LIARS

Something happened to the trickster that didn’t happen often. As the woman before him transformed, her skin turning to diamond, the astonishment caused him to lose his grip on his own transformation, and he regressed to himself again. Vivid green eyes wide, lips apart, Loki proceeded to circle her as she had done him previously, and found that every inch of her skin was covered by a crystalline sheet. The fact she was holding the Tesseract, and demonstrated she was perfectly capable of holding it, didn’t even register with him, as he took in her glittering second skin. “You, darling, are simply exquisite” he smiled, almost laughed, so captivated was he, something he had not experienced in some time.

Loki put it down to age, living for as long as he had, there were not many things left in the world that caused him disbelief, much less a world like Midgard. Everything the middle world had that could be classed as unusual, it had created, but the Lady Emma had not been given life in a lab, she simply was. At least, that was the case with her psionic abilities, but upon glancing her brainwave patterns, the same could not be said for the form she had taken. There was something a great deal less ingrained about it, but it could not be compared to the soldier’s, much less the mindless beast’s. Perish the thought, this woman had something in her possession that they would lack until their dying day, something that appealed to the kind of creature Loki was.

She was refined, the way she walked, the way she talked. Even if she wasn’t, in reality, a Valkyrie, she certainly gave the impression of a being that originated from Asgard. At the very least, she left the impression of one of the Vanir, the only other beings in the nine realms that shared similarities with the Aesir, only they were more proficient in the use of magic. Frigga had been one of the Vanir, he choose to remember, as opposed to acknowledging the fact Freya was also one of them, and if there was a goddess that the Lady Emma bore a resemblance to then it was her. The transformation did not just stop at her flesh, but glossed over the strands of her golden head as well. Did he like it? ‘Like’ was not strong enough a word, as his gaze came to rest on the cube she now held in her grasp. The blue hue glowed within the shards that made up her quartz form, and failed to have an effect.

Indeed, it was apparent she could hold it, but would she still be capable of that, once the true extent of its powers were tapped? Loki was curious, not just to know the answer to that question, but to confirm if she was indeed the ally he required in this venture, to help him lay claim to another stone and destroy this one. In that order. Once he’d completed the full circle of surveillance, he reached forward, the tips of his fingers brushing against the cube, with her still touching it. A green glint of energy flashed at his digits as he proceeded to unlock it, and then unleash it, causing them both to dematerialize in a burst of blue, and rematerialize again. The trickster had visualised it, the cliff that his brother had thrown him upon when he’d ripped him from that S.H.I.E.L.D aircraft, overlooking the wooded area below where he and the metal man had fought, before being joined by Rogers.

Loki had chosen it because of how far away it was located, meaning more energy was required of the Tesseract to bring them there, energy that would either make, or break the golden-haired woman he had become acquainted with. The trickster hadn’t expected, but he was hopeful, and there she was, still standing. “Those are the abilities of the Tesseract, the Space Stone, as it is more commonly known. Teleportation, worm holes. It is how I first came to Midgard, how the Chitauri followed” he explained as he approached the cliff edge, and cast his gaze downward. The clearing that had been left by his brother’s confrontation with Earth’s Mightiest was starting to become less so, with the trees starting to grow again, no different from the city of New York, it seemed.

If there was one thing, one trait the trickster could find in humans, and actually manage to admire, it was their ability to adapt. One could not hope to drag them down, without them springing back up again, or rip them out, without them setting down roots again. Indeed, they were like weeds. “The one we are looking for, the sceptre, the Mind Stone, is a bit different. It is probably a bit more to your tastes, capable of infiltrating people’s minds, controlling them, unhinging them” he emphasized that point, as the stone had proceeded to take its toll on him in that regard, and not just him, but others. Anyone that remained within close proximity to it for an extensive period of time was at risk, and not the kind of risk that resulted in spontaneous combustion. People unravelled in its presence, the layers of who they were slowly stripped away.

He ought to know. What Thanos started, the Mind Stone continued.

words: 893. tagged: EMMA FROST.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
EMMA FROST
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 06:43 AM
Hellfire Club
online status
codename
18 posts
Eagle
alias

1136 WORDS
Bow Down To Your Queen
She noticed his transformation back to his 'real' form... but in all honesty, she didn't know exactly if his male form was actually his real one or just another kind of shell he used. Seeing that it was the one he was mostly associated with and the one she saw when she glanced upon him for the first time during the battle of New York, she had to assume that it was indeed him. She smiled back when she saw him smile, almost laughed in amazement. He had such a wicked grin, almost playful. God of Mischief indeed. She then focus on the cube in her hand, examining it. It seemed to her that it was more of a container and that the real gem... or stone... was inside. She wondered what would happen if she crushed the cube, but of course she wasn't going to do that. She was not certain if it would unleash some sort of critical mass and destroy half the city. No... it was better to just study it under proper conditions. She needed to tell her scientists at Frost International to build some sort of containment field.

The White Queen turned her attention from the cube to him. As she suspected, the Poetic Edda had it wrong when describing the mythological Loki. He was not a horrid looking entity, as it was implied in all the Nordic poems and prose... on the contrary, he had a quiet handsomeness in his dignified yet palish complexion. Not overbearing to the point of boring, the exact opposite. He sure wasn't boring, more like devilish and fun. In a ironic twist, Emma was not that hung up on looks... at least not when other people were concerned. She was arrogant about her looks, extremely so, but others... she didn't care much for it. If the person showed her some amusement and some diversion, it didn't matter how they looked... much. In his case, though, she was not disappointed. Not only he himself looked ready to eat, but he could turn into that beautiful female form as well. Emma felt as if she had hit the jackpot. “Aww, you are making me blush, my lord.” She said jestingly.

It was understandable that he would be surprised. Emma was one – if not the only one – of a handful of mutants that had two completely separate and unrelated mutations. This one, though, was not artificial, as some people might think. Nova just tinkered with her X-gene, making it perform double duty. How did she do it? Not even Emma knew... but she was worth every dollar the White Queen paid. At first Emma had trouble controlling how and when to transform, but with patience and practice, she understood how it worked and now she could transform at will, almost instantaneously. Still, as much as Loki seemed to enjoy the form, Emma did not. The main drawback from turning into diamond was that it cut her psionic powers completely. It made the White Queen feel blind. Her psionic energy was what defined her and when she was cut off from it she felt empty.

Then it was Emma's chance to be surprised. He touched the cube, still in her hand, and all of the sudden she felt herself transported to a new location. It was almost instantaneous. At first she thought it was an illusion, but that could not have been possible, because the diamond form prevent anyone to play mind tricks on Emma. No... it was actually physical. They dematerialized and then materialized in a new place. My, this is quite interesting... She thought to herself. She had known mutants with the ability to teleport – Azazel, the Red Demon, came to mind – but nothing close to this. She looked around and wondered why he picked this isolated place. They were standing on a cliff overlooking a clearing with trees. Interesting. Although she saw the flash of blue and then she appeared there, that was all she felt. Was this a test? Maybe him trying to see if her diamond form was sturdy enough? Well... she hoped he found out.

The White Queen let go of the cube, handing it back to him and sauntered a few steps away, looking at the vista and listening to his words. She turned back to her normal form, almost in a blink of an eye. She felt her psionic energy once again returning to her, like a rush of warm water over her body. She really did not like being in diamond form for too long. Space Stone... aptly named. It appeared to manipulate vortexes and the teacher in her could not help but being amazed and excited. Vortex creation was the holy grail of space exploration and physics, but it was just a theory. The voluptuous vixen was now understanding why that being she saw in Loki's mind wanted those stones. If one of them was this powerful, she shuddered at the thought of how the other ones, combined, would be. To harness such power was something not even in her wildest dreams she thought possible to achieve.

When he mentioned the Mind Stone, that peeked her interest even further. That was, after all, her thing. The mind. That complex yet beautiful system of neurons, electric impulses, thought process, rational thinking – although, plenty of humans did not use that one, stupid people were not an endangered species, social media has made that abundantly clear – and memories. She turned around and smiled at him, that arrogant, full of hubris smile of hers, but also beautiful and even hypnotic. “Does that means I am a Mind Stone? Darling, I can do all those things without the need of a little rock.” She said and in a sense, she was right. Loki had no idea what she could do with her unlimited supply of psionic energy. Reading someone's mind was the most basic of her abilities. But she also understood that it was not what the Stone could do by itself, but actually what it could do in combination with the others.

Her unnatural blue eyes almost gleamed with delight. “I am intrigued, though. A piece of jewelry tailor-made for me. When we find it, can I keep it? I am sure it would look great on a necklace.” She joked, of course. She knew this was serious and dangerous business, but Emma was never one to be unsettled by anything. “I am such a shallow minx... You should punish me for being so naughty.” She added softly, her British accented voice full of mischief. She then shortened the distant between them, standing almost face to face with him. “Let us find it... I have some ideas on how to track it down.”

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
affiliate with us here!
we're listed at:
Marvel Topsites Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay

Forum Roleplay Site
sister sites
MCU: Sacred Vows
static affiliates
FLAWED GENETICS X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay WHAT WE CHOOSE

Only Super We Are Warriors Mutant Revolution Online
scrolling affiliates
ideal world  photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg Δrk City Marvel Heroes RPG
TUDORS SAGA
skinned by missy at caution and shine.