WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
naddi
Hey there! My name is Nadin and I'm from Germany. My responsibility lies with the graphics as well as the advertisment of this lovely site. Apart from that I'm lingering in the shadows and be there when no one expects me. But no worries, I do not bite (hard). Joke aside, I'm well-bred and have manners. I love harmony and try to maintain it in every aspect of what I do. I love to brainstorm before jumping into a thread so there will be absolutly no reason for you to be shy. Just write me a pm or meet me on discord! When I'm not around then it's because I'm at work (shifts), I'm dead or our time zones are way too far apart.
maggie
Hi! Maggie here, the moderator around these parts. Some of you might remember me from Believe In Heroes, or BIH to go by the site's acronym. My job lies squarely with the site layout and aesthetic, as well as advertising. I work as a Legal Secretary, and I live in Ireland, so my presence around the board might be spotty, but I will be hovering at various intervals. What do I bring to Infinite Dreams? A love of writing, and particularly, story telling. I also have all this useless Norse mythology knowledge that makes me the best equipped to deal with all them pesky Aesir, Vanir and whatever else might wander into the site, so if you have any questions about that area of things, hit me up either by PM or on Discord at madmaggie#6538.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Of Wolves and Men, Do You Want To Know A Secret Plot
JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 06:08 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
13 posts
Eagle
alias

865 WORDS
NOTES: //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
I'm Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do...

He did not like this... he did not like this at all. After a lifetime of being a feral and violent man, a soldier, an agent, a weapon... becoming a teacher was the last thing he thought he would do. He had told Charles plenty of times that he was there just to train the team and help out with whatever he could, but becoming a substitute teacher was not one of those things. But here he was. In front of a bunch of snot-nosed brats, staring at him with amusement, just waiting – he knew it! – waiting for him to fuck up so they can laugh and make fun of 'Professor Wolfie'. How did he got convinced to this? Oh, right, he remembered... because he was an idiot! Jean and that damn Kitty! Of course he would not say no to Jean and neither could he say no to Kitty. Women would be the end of him.

Which was not that far from the truth. The little he remembered of his past life, it seemed that most of his troubles happened because one woman or another. This time, it was clear as day for everyone that he felt something for Jean, although he did promise both Charles before he died and Scott that he would not pursue that attraction. That didn't stop Jean, though. He was sure she knew how he felt and she didn't waste any chance at using that against him. The flirt! Kitty... she was another kind of creature. He saw the short mutant as a daughter and was very fond of her, which she too used to her advantage everytime she needed a favor from him. So the two of them tag teamed him and 'convince' him to substitute for Ororo on this history class. Well, at least it was history, he had lived through most of it, although he couldn't remember half of it.

“Eh... right. Let's talk about Prohibition.” He started and already he could hear the chuckles from the student. “What's so funny?” He asked, gruff as ever. A red-headed teenager raised her hand. “You, speak up. What's your name again?” He asked, really not knowing. The teenager answered. “Terry and Professor O was teaching us about Ancient Rome, not Prohibition.” He sighed and rubbed his sideburns, a gestured that denoted not only frustration but also genuine dread. Of course Ororo had to teach something he had no clue about. “You don't say? Then, by all means, why don't you get up here and teach the class yourself?” He retorted testily, to the delight of the students, who continued to giggle.

“I am not the professor, you are. It's your job to impart wisdom to our hungry minds. Professor K says our minds are like sponges.”

Oh for fuck sakes... He thought and his anger towards Kitty was rising. This was all her fault! It was Jean's fault too, but he could never be angry at her, so Kitty was the one taking all the brunt of his anger. “Damn right I am the professor, so you learn what I want you to learn and I want you to learn about Prohibition, bub. So get on with the program!” In all honesty, this was also Piotr's fault. Why didn't he took over Ororo's class? He was doing nothing at the moment. Damn Russian bastard. Logan was sure that all of them conspired to do this to him. “Now... Prohibition. In the 1920's, there... what is it now?” He said testily again, as he saw Terry raising her hand again.

“You can't just teach whatever you want. There is a course syllabus to follow. You should get with the program.”

What the hell was a syllabus? And who the hell was this kid? Was she by any chance Kitty's lost sister or something? Damn it. “Whatever, kid. You're not the boss of me... but for today, I am the boss of you, so you'll learn what I want you to learn and like it.” He sighed, breathing deep, calming himself. “Now... during the Prohibition period, there were a lot of gangsters that shot people because for them it was fun and they felt like it... what NOW?” He once again was interrupted by... who else?... Terry.

“Were you a gangster, Professor Wolfie?”

“No... and its Logan.”

“Are you a gangster now? You sure look like one, Professor Wolfie.”

“No and what part of 'Logan' do you not understand?”

“But you are mean and kinda scruffy looking... like a gangster.”

What the hell was wrong with this girl? Was she broken in the head or something? What was her mutant power? Being annoying? This was all Kitty's fault! “Look, I am up to here with your...” the ring-bell sounded, ending the class. “Oh thank god! Okay, everyone, dismissed!” He watched the runts leaving the classroom, sat down and sighed once more. Then he pulled out his cellphone and texted Kitty:

Don't you ever do this to me again... And I need to talk to you, so get your ass here. Only you.

...but what I do best isn't very nice.
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 12:02 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

Kitty had been sitting there the whole time, disguised behind a book, in an intangible state, while using the molecules around the seat she was occupying to give the impression she was actually there. Dr. Grey had thought it wise. This was Mr. Logan’s first class, and she had her concerns, concerns that were completely valid, given Terry was one of the students that just so happened to be in the class he had been tasked with. The fifteen-year-old red head had the potential to not only annoy the gangly brunette, but Dr. Grey, Mr. Summers and Ms. Munroe too, and that was saying something. No one ever got to Storm, but that little siren had managed it on occasion, and if she was capable of accomplishing that amazing feat, then the Wolverine was easy pickings for the predatorial Irish girl.

Although, Dr. Grey had asked Kitty to observe, and by ‘observe’, she probably meant in the context of a professor’s aide or teacher’s assistant. The gangly brunette had taken a different route entirely, and opted to go incognito, pretending to be a student, with her nose firmly secured in a book. In her intangible state, Mr. Logan wouldn’t be able to detect her presence, and so, it would offer her some better insight into his abilities to teach a class. That was what she told herself, but really, she was just doing it for shits and giggles, and she had a hard time suppressing the urge to do the latter as well. Approaching the topic of ‘Prohibition’ was the historical equivalent of touching on ‘Sexual Reproduction’ in biology class, and the students weren’t long in showing their maturity when it came to the subject matter, insofar as, they didn’t show any at all.

Prohibition was right up Terry’s alley, too. Kitty had never encountered quite a stereotype as she had in Terry before. She was Irish, a red head, infuriating, and despite only being fifteen, knew much more about alcohol than any members of staff were comfortable with. Of course, the gangly brunette had happened upon her her fair share of times, ‘gatting’ or ‘bushing’, or whatever they called it back in Ireland. It was, in essence, underage drinking, usually done in a field. Terry opted to do it in the forests surrounding the school grounds, and she never got away with it either. If Kitty didn’t find her, Dr. Grey sure as frick did, only, she was a lot more understanding. She gave the usual spiel about the terrible childhood the young girl had experienced, with her mother dying during the peace process back home, and her terrorist of an uncle seizing custody of the girl, and raising her as his own.

It was only in the last few years that Terry has discovered who her real father was, and it had added another disjointed layer to an already disjointed upbringing. However, Kitty, as always, failed to understand. She was well aware she was one of the few kids in the mansion that hadn’t been exposed to a shitty upbringing, and those kids that were didn’t often end up in the mansion’s lower levels with alcohol poisoning. If the red head wanted to screw her kidneys and or her liver up for life, she was going the right way about it. Her powers wouldn’t come to her aid in that capacity either. She screamed, that was it, or rather, she screamed and usually deafened or killed others. It was a power that had been passed from Sean, to Terry, but that wasn’t the reason she was such a headache, far from it. Terry just had a natural ability to annoy others, plain and simple.

And she was employing that to great effect now, throwing out a comment that Kitty herself had made in the past, and the gangly brunette just knew Mr. Logan was going to make her pay for that one, which just strengthened her urge to laugh. There were many people afraid of the Wolverine, but she wasn’t one of them. Fortunately for him, though, not only was the class nearing its end, but so too was the school year itself. It would be another few months before he had to substitute anyone’s classes again, but history was a good fit for him, even if teaching wasn’t, so it was the best way to start him off and test his limitations. As the bell rang out, and cleared the classroom, she remained where she was until he followed suit, only he didn’t…

Then, suddenly, Kitty’s cell phone bleeped to life, and blew her cover. So committed was she to her current covert role, she actually managed to forget about her cell phone, and was left so startled by the text message notification, she phased through the seat she had been hovering around. By the time she hit the floor, she was solid again, and hurt her solid ass in the process, and struggled to find her feet again as a result. The gangly brunette did, however, take the time to reach for her cell phone and read the text message she had received, which just so happened to have been sent by Mr. Logan. “… present…” she raised her hand, as if she was responding to a roll call, “Me and my ass, both, kinda…” she added before, eventually, finding her feet.

words: 896. tagged: JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT & MARIE D'ANCANTO.
outfit: here! notes: nope!

there can be only one mikey!
of caution 2.0

PM
^
JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 07:05 AM
X-Men
online status
codename
13 posts
Eagle
alias

932 WORDS

He heard the bleep and turned his gaze toward that direction, but already he had figured out that it was her phone. Wolverine frowned as he saw the brunette falling from her chair and the sound her ass made as it connected to the floor was actually music to Logan's ears. Served her right! As much as he liked Katherine Pryde, she did drive him insane plenty of time. She was always so... cheerful. Not only that, but she also knew how to take advantage of him. It was a pattern that has been repeated time after time in his long life when women were concerned. He did have a soft spot for them and it got nothing to do with physical attraction or any of that. Maybe it was because he was too old fashioned.

But in reality, it got more to do with his own upbringing. His mother never liked him nor cared for him and he always sought the warmth that any child sought for his mother, but never got it. If he was a student of psychology – which he certainly was not – he might have concluded that he always sought that type of acceptance from other women that he did not get from his mom. Who really knew? All he did know was that he took Kitty under his wing almost immediately after she joined the school, first as a student and then as part of the X-Men team. She was so beloved that Charles even gave her his vaunted Rolls Royce, which was a waste because Kitty couldn't drive worth a damn. Logan was always fixing that car everytime she fucked it up.

He grunted as she stood up and answered him. “Yeah, I can see that. You mean to tell me you were there the whole time and you didn't stop that kid from taking over the class?” Although he was curious to know what was the deal with that redhead weirdo, he opted for not asking about it. It would be better if he just forget the whole thing and moved on. And seeing how his memory was all screwed up, it was a big possibility that he might do just that. “You and Jean owe me big time for this, Katherine. And I'll make sure to collect.” He emphasized the use of her full name, telling her that he was not happy with her. But then realized that his choice of words opened the door for Kitty to come up with some joke in regards of Jean and him 'collecting' from her. Damn it!

The Wolverine shook his head and then decided to switch topic to something more important. “I'm leaving the school for a while. I need to take care of some things so I want you to cover for me with the others.” Although it was not rare for him to disappeared on the rest of the team for days and even weeks at a time, it was still a point of contention between them and him, as they did not like it when he did. Charles gave him that freedom, mainly because he could still track his movements, but after Professor X died, his coming and goings were becoming more frequent. Logan was a loner and he was still trying hard to adapt to the notion that he had people that depended on him.

But ironically, this time he was leaving for them. Logan was a news junky and he read and watched news all the times. He has been following this whole Sokovia Accords business closely but the news about it had been very vague. Something to do about a registration and that the Avengers were somehow mixed up in all of it. But nothing more substantial. It worried him. Registration of a group of people was never a good thing, as history could testify. And then there was a larger issue of the mutant variety. So far, the existence of mutants has mainly been kept out of the spotlight, with the general public and the media being unaware of it. However, he was fairly certain that governments and their agencies at the very least had some kind of knowledge about them. That was what worried him.

What if they decide that this was the perfect moment to expose them? Worst, to register them and have them under their thumb, just like it seemed they have done with those Avengers? How would the public react to the fact that individuals that had been born with natural abilities had been living among them for so long without them knowing about it? What was the WSC plans with all this? He needed answers so he was going to find them. And the best place to start was right at the viper's nest: The World Security Council. Logan's skills as an intelligence operative were the least known of his deeds, but he once was right up there with the likes of Natasha Romanoff and Nick Fury. He would see if he could infiltrate the building and see if he could get some info. An In and Out operation. Piece of cake.

He stared at Kitty and knew what she was going to say, so he cut her off. “No. You're not coming. And I ain't telling you shit about where I'm going. Oh and another thing... when I get back, you and me, we'll have a long talk about your taste in men. That Stark asshole? I don't like him.” He said, sternly looking at her.

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 05:41 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

‘Yeah, I can see that. You mean to tell me you were there the whole time and you didn't stop that kid from taking over the class?’ Kitty had no words. Well, she did, but it was only the one, “Yep!” the gangly brunette simply responded with a shrug of her shoulders, sliding her cell phone into her jeans pocket in the process. “Screw that!” of course that wasn’t all she had to say, “You get her for one History class, and want me to come to your rescue? I got her for Dance classes for the rest of the summer, Mr. Logan. The whole summer” she vehemently pointed out, so if he thought she was going to save his ass from that demon, he had another thing coming, as she made to approach the desk positioned at the top of the classroom.

“Collect… oooh, now you got me shaking. Collect what? My credit history is so sucky I’m out of the running for a mortgage, and if that wasn’t already bad enough, I’m a college student studying at MIT part-time with quite the loan to pay off when I do finish. Thank jeebus I got this place as far as a roof and a somewhat steady income is concerned, otherwise, I’d be just another victim of this generation” indeed, the best wages she could make were from the occasional computer science class, and dance classes over the weekend, at her age. “And collecting from Dr. Grey, pfft! You can forget about that” she snorted, slipping up to sit on the edge of the desk when it came, the usual Wolverine bombshell, where he always decided to up sticks and leave.

“I’m sure they’ll be really concerned” Kitty mumbled under her breath, even though she was, a tad. She didn’t like the idea of anyone in the mansion being anywhere but the mansion right now in the current climate of uncertainty, not that she would have them all locked up, but she would prefer to have some knowledge of their movements. However, Mr. Logan always made sure no one ever did. A postcard, heck, a phone call, was expecting too much from him. “Well, you know that thing you did, right there…” the gangly brunette pointed, flippantly, in the direction of the cell phone in his grasp, “Use it. I mean, you just proved you can, and that you can use my number too, so keep me updated at, and not about how you’ve run out of clean underwear, but about… things” her voice started to dwindle to a whisper, as her gaze fell to the desk.

“Otherwise, I might just go, getting all concerned, and worried for no reason” Kitty eventually added, on a bit more of an upbeat note, but when he elaborated that she wasn’t coming, he inadvertently put the idea in her head. “Nah, I got shiz to do” the gangly brunette deflected, “You know, like the men I got a taste for” she grinned, and with a cheeky wink, she hopped off the desk, and headed for the door. However, no sooner had she put at least ten feet between herself and the classroom, she ducked into the wall to her left, and started to climb. To say she knew the ins and outs of the mansion like the back of her hand was an understatement. She’d lived there for almost as long as she had lived back home. In a matter of minutes, she was phasing through the mansion’s upper floors, to surface in her bedroom, and happen upon her new roommate.

“Uh… Rogue, right?” Kitty questioned, unable to remember if her fellow mutant had ever offered up something other than a codename, but it hardly mattered now, I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it’s very difficult to find anyone the gangly brunette grinned, and waited to see if the southern belle would follow up with the corresponding response in kind, but alas, she was left disappointed, “And you, Bilbo Baggins, say: I should think so — in these parts! We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!, but, whatevs, I’ve made my peace with being the only nerd in this place” she sighed, “Still, hop to, we got somewhere we gotta be!” she exclaimed.

words: 731. tagged: JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT & MARIE D'ANCANTO.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
[i] MARIE D'ANCANTO
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 11:59 PM
Inactive
online status
codename
3 posts
alias

D
amnit…” She rested her forehead against the door to the war room. They kept everything locked in this mansion! Where was the trust, she thought as she was trying to breaking into the war room. There was so much to this place and she was naturally a curious person. Ideally, she wanted to get into Cerebro to see if she could find Raven. It had been two weeks since she found herself stuck among the X-Scouts. If she was being honest with herself, she’d admit that they were growing on her. It was just orders given, do your duty, type thing here. They were building something. They were educating the next generations of mutants to come. They were a family.

She was free to leave at any point but it honestly never crossed her mind. It was nice here, plus the food wasn’t bad and she free roam over the kitchen when she wanted it which was especially nice because she liked to cook. As she made her way back to the elevator, she returned to the one thought that had been on her mind for the last two weeks. Raven. Raven and where in the world she could be. The last mission didn’t end well, and Rogue had barely made it out. She knew that if something happened to Raven, she’d know. She’d feel it, wouldn’t she?

The elevator doors opened onto the first floor, where most of the classrooms were. The bell had rung several minutes ago and the halls were filled with students. Her stomach sank. Dressed in a crop top, with a black shirt underneath, white opera gloves and high-waist leather shorts complete with not one, but two sets of skin-colored leggings, she was still concerned. There was still that sinking feeling in her not to slip up and touch someone. She made her way through the hall when she heard a familiar gruff voice. Logan.

From where she was standing across the hall, she could only see him and not who he was talking too. Logan and Rogue had found themselves together for a couple months. They looked out for each other, made sure the other was alright and traveled a bit. Two vagabonds against the world, that was until one day he disappeared. She came back from a grocery run and he was gone, didn’t even bother packing a bag. She watched him, carefully. He said he didn’t remember anything of their time together but she still held a grudge. He was the only one who called her Marie and got away with it. It was just Rogue now but she had told him her first name as a way to help him remember her.

She couldn’t stand him now. Not so much that he couldn’t remember the time they spent together. But because she couldn’t forget. She turned away before he could see her, although he probably already smelled her.

I'm leaving the school for a while. she heard him say as she walked away towards her room. “At least he’s consistent…” she told herself, half hoping he’d hear the jab. Rogue often talked to herself. When one has echoes upon echoes of different lives in their head, they do that. She opened the door to the room and closed it behind her, before falling onto the bed. Under her pillow, was a romance novel. Something she couldn’t help but read. She knew it was filth but she was a romantic at heart. It wasn’t happening for her so why not read about it. It wasn’t something she was proud of, by far.

No sooner than she opened the book to Fabio licking the chest of his lover: Enter Kitty Pryde. Rogue sat up quickly in fright and fumbled with the book in her hands before shoving it back under her pillow. “Jesus gal!” she said, hand over her heart. She stared at her trying to keep up with what she was saying and act casual. “Adventure?” Rogue said with a half-smile and pushed herself to the edge of the bed. “Ah watched the movies..” she said, encouragingly. “But whatcha have in mind?"

PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 05:25 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

“I’ll tell you what I have in mind” only Kitty didn’t so much tell the southern belle as show her, marching right up to the edge of the bed where Rogue was seated, taking her by the wrist, and leading her out of the bedroom. For the whole ten minutes it took the gangly brunette to descend every staircase until she was overlooking the Foyer, she, uncharacteristically, didn’t say a word. “OK, first things first, the Hobbit movies? They suck. The only thing, or things, they got going for them are Richard Armitage and Aidan Turner. That is it. Read the books, I highly recommend it, and if you come at me with a ‘watching movies is easier’, I will try and fail to punch you. This is one of them rare cases where the movies just so happen to be longer than the book itself, but that’s not important” she said as she cast her gaze over the Foyer, and caught a glimpse of the lone wolf strutting off.

That is” Kitty pointed in his direction, “He’s only going to go and do a runner again, only this time, I wanna know where to, and you’re going to help me. In his best interest, of course. Things are super unsettled out there right now, ever since those Accords were enacted, and Mr. Logan making off like a thief in the night is so not what I need right now, not when I got exam results on the horizon. By the way, whether or not I aced those things, you and I are going out, and getting totally wasted” the gangly brunette went on and off tangents the same way she drove a car, erratically. There were few that could keep up with her, but maybe Rogue would prove to be one of those few? She certainly hoped so. She needed someone who was as quick on the mark as she was to carry out this mission, and not someone who would hold her back by lagging behind.

“So, we’re going to follow him” how, though, Kitty wasn’t quite so sure yet. Mr. Logan generally tended to be covert in his departures from the mansion, so he certainly wouldn’t be taking any jets anywhere, especially considering his aversion to both technology and heights. He was a man that liked to keep his feet firmly on the ground, and if not on the ground, then some kind of accelerator. “Gee whiz, I got it!” garage! if he was going anywhere, then it would be the garage, and if he was going to drive out of mansion grounds with anything, it would be something Mr. Summers owned. He had a thing about that. “To the Scott-mobile!” she exclaimed, and with that, she was off, racing in that very direction. Of course, the gangly brunette had completely forgotten exactly how many cars the resident mechanic owned, and was literally reduced to choosing one at random.

Well, not entirely at random… “Eeny, meeny, miny, moe…” and eventually, Kitty’s finger came to rest on a sapphire Mazda RX-8. “Cripes… I’m pretty sure this thing has been here since 2002… and that’s before I even got here!” she exclaimed as she approached the vehicle to get a measure of the trunk, and whether or not two girls would fit in it. “I’m in the five foot six inch area myself, what about you?” unfortunately, the gangly brunette was left with little time to cover such basis, as she heard something approaching, and could do little more than grab the southern belle, and haphazardly leap into the boot.

words: 601. tagged: JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT & MARIE D'ANCANTO.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
[i] MARIE D'ANCANTO
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 07:37 PM
Inactive
online status
codename
3 posts
alias

D
Rogue’s immediate reaction to Kitty Pryde touching her arm was immediate. She could feel her stomach turning and the sense of uneasiness wash over her. This was a typical reaction for her. She didn’t want to have any accidents and although her touch was possibly fatale, Kitty still grabbed her wrist. She had on gloves that went past her elbows but people were still usually more cautious. A part of her kind of liked that Kitty didn’t mind, it was almost nice that Kitty didn’t have the typical hesitant look in her eye. But this was something she’d have to get used to, for this reason, she didn’t resist. She stood up and let Kitty lead her out of the room. Kitty was Rogue’s new roommate. She was nice, talked a bunch but she was nice. Actually she made the transition into the mansion a whole lot easier. It made her more comfortable being here. Rogue wasn’t one to have a lot of friends and the friends that she did have were mostly men. It was clear Kitty and herself lived two different lives. She was always somewhat envious of girls like Kitty. Well, to be quite honest, she was envious of anyone who could touch people but there was something so inviting and earnest about Kitty that Rogue enjoyed.

She usually avoided people like this but this was the first time she felt included. As they descended the stairs in silence, Rogue was still all too aware that she was holding her wrist. It wasn’t until she spoke again as they overlooked the foyer that Rogue actually looked at her. Rogue couldn’t help but half-smile when she mentioned trying to and failing to punch her. “The first movies. Ah never watched the Hobbit one. Ah heard it was pretty bad” Rogue said, looking past Kitty just before she mentioned Wolverine.

Rogue cut her eyes and turned back to Kitty, “This is what we’re doin’?” She asked but didn’t give her time to respond. “Ah’ll help you with this, and you can help me wit something later, deal?” Rogue smirked. Kitty could get anywhere, that could definitely come in handy. Rogue had a mentor to find at the end of the day. When she said ‘follow him’, Rogue’s interest was piqued. “Ya know, it’s been some time since I got to stretch mah legs…..let’s do it!” she told her, surprised by how excited she got. Rogue could use a trip out of this mansion. Not that it wasn’t nice enough but there was nothing like the thrill of duty. Plus, there was an added bonus that it would likely piss him off and she was all for that. Logan could never stay mad at her, at least not back then.

“Kitty..Ah…” Rogue started but was interrupted by Kitty’s exclamation. “Gee whiz?” Rogue asked, smiling at the girl and shaking her head as she ran off. Rogue looked around to be sure they weren’t followed before she ran after Kitty. They got to the garage, and Kitty was picking a car out of the garage. “The Mazda isn’t his style…” But no sooner that she tried to convince her of something else, she was being pulled into the trunk of the car. “Kitty!” Rogue said louder than she meant to. It was hard to get a word in without getting pulled this way or that, or Kitty talking.

There was something in the back of her mind that she wanted to know. She didn’t want to ask Kitty cause something told her that Kitty wouldn’t let it go but she’d risk it. “Not that Ah care,” she lied, “but what’s he been like?” she asked. “Logan. How has he been since he got here? What’s he like?” she asked, feigning nonchalance because what would the lone Rogue be if not perpetually the I care but don’t care teenager.

PM
^
JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 04:33 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
13 posts
Eagle
alias

932 WORDS

After packing a few things on his backpack – he didn't really needed much, just a couple of changes of clothing – he walked towards the garage, trying to look inconspicuous and avoiding bumping to anyone, especially Jean. The last thing he wanted was to have to explain to her that he was leaving for a while and knowing her, she would start asking questions or worst, try to get in his mind and hurt herself in the process. His mind was a mess, no telepath in their right mind would try to get in there. He just wished Kitty kept her word and cover for him. Of course they would notice and become all angry and shit, but by then he would be long gone. He didn't expect trouble on this little mission he was conducting.

Even though he was not as subtle as other, more suited spies, he did have a way in and if that failed... well... he supposed he could use brute force to escape if necessary. Not that he wanted to, that was the last thing he wanted. That could put the school at risk if the WSC managed to track him down. But he would cross that bridge when he got there. As he walked slowly, he began to realize that he haven't planned this carefully. If he got in... then what? He didn't know the layout of the building or how many people worked there. He could always beat up someone in the parking lot and take their credentials, so that was not going to be a problem... but after that? He supposed he would have to play it by ear. Logan was not a 'think ahead' kinda guy.

He reached the garage and debated on whether or not to take Scott's car. As much as he would have liked to take it and then mess up its engine and maybe dent it a bit – he and Scott really didn't like each other – he decided that it would be better if he just took his own bike instead. In case he had to flee out of there in a hurry, a motorcycle made the most sense and it would be more difficult to track down as its plates were from somewhere in the Yukon, not connected to the school. Strapping his backpack on his back, he looked for his helmet. It was ridiculous that he would use a helmet... he had adamantium in his skull, for fuck sake! But it was a way not to draw unwanted attention to himself.

Suddenly, he stopped, lifted his head and smelled the air. He sensed two distinct odors. It was faint, as if it was from earlier but not anymore, but one he did recognize easily, the other he had sensed it before somehow but he was not sure. There were so many kids in the school, although this one was actually very familiar. The one he was sure of, however, he was sure of. That little... “Come out.” He said and frowned angrily. “I know you're there, so mind explaining why?” He was sure the brunette was still around using those funky powers of hers. That was why the odor seemed faint. Stupid woman... didn't she know that even though he could not smell her when she was phased, the smell lingered for awhile after she did so? At least for someone with an acute smelling sense as Logan had.

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jun 23 2018, 04:17 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

Kitty didn’t do ‘flinching’ when it came to other mutant’s abilities. Not only was there no time for that, but she had known she was a mutant for eleven years now, and had been residing at Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters for all eleven of those years. She felt like she’d seen everything mutation had to offer. By this point and time, nothing scared her anymore, and even if it did, she was well versed enough in the use of her powers to defend herself. So what if Rogue came close to sucking the life out of her? The gangly brunette was confident her powers would come to her aid in such an event. Confident or naïve? Either way, it didn’t trouble her. It probably should, but it simply didn’t. Confidence or naivete? It would probably be the death of her someday, but that was not this day, she came close to quoting Aragorn himself in those moments, as she proceeded to hunt Wolverine down. What a turn of events, indeed…

‘Ah’ll help you with this, and you can help me wit something later, deal?’ Kitty arched an eyebrow at Rogue’s proposition, “Making pacts at totally vulnerable, and slightly inappropriate moments? I like you” the gangly brunette decided with a grin, “Throw in a bottle of vodka, and I’m sooooo there…” she added before leaping off like an antelope. They did leap, didn’t they? She was certain that’s how Mufasa described them in the Lion King. The leaping antelope? At least, in sounded right. Damn it, Kit-Kat, focus! You’ve been hanging out at Mr. Stark’s, and binge-watching way too many movies and series lately! They were still very slowly making their way through the X-Files, and truth be told, she was looking forward to the episode ‘Home’ that he kept throwing around ominous warnings about, mostly because he kept warning her about it!

Didn’t he know how young minds worked? Tell them not to do something, and they went and did it, and if someone told Kitty it was a bad idea to phase into the boot of a Mazda, she’d do it. She did! And as she and Rogue lay there, in a slightly crumbled up heap because of the haste with which she phased them, face to face, the southern belle put a rather unusual question to her. At least, the gangly brunette found it unusual. “How has he been? You mean, besides having a scowl permanently affixed to his forehead?” she asked in the darkness, and shrugged, “As fine as Mr. Logan can be, I guess. I mean, I, or Dr. Grey, or both of us, may or may not have roped him into teaching classes, knowing full well that meant he would be dealing with Terry. Terry? Little red headed Irish girl that drinks a lot. Oh my-god-I-don’t-believe-in, when I say it like that, it really does sound like I’m describing a leprechaun” she commented, little realising that if Mr. Logan didn’t pick up her scent, he’d sure as hell pick up on the sound of her voice.

‘Come out’ and yet, Kitty was still startled by the sound of his voice, so authoritative, and her inner Hermione couldn’t help popping out in that moment. The gangly brunette’s nerves sent her phasing through the base of the boot, only to land against the cold and hard concrete underneath the Mazda, which really hurt, her left arm especially. “Owie…” she squeaked, before attempting to crawl out from beneath the vehicle, which was a great deal harder dragging herself along the ground, against the appendage she had inadvertently injured in the process. “OK, you win this one, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, but I won the last smelling contest, let it be known” she announced the moment she had successfully managed to emerge from under the car, and find her feet.

“Why!? Because you’re disappearing, again, and there’s…” Kitty started to vehemently point in the direction of the driveway, as if to point toward the city, “… aliens and shit, out there, aliens and shit that’s eventually gonna see the likes of us get into a world of trouble, even though we didn’t do a damn thing, so that’s why! You have my permission to say, oh, look how the proud Katherine Pryde has fallen, or half-pint, whatever takes your fancy” she preferred when he called her half-pint, “But yeah, I do, occasionally, get concerned about the people I luuuuuuul” that same ‘pride’ she mentioned earlier? It wouldn’t let her get the word ‘love’ out, and so she stood there, stubbourn and determined, arms locked in such a fashion at her chest.

“I’m alone, just so you know”

words: 779. tagged: JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT & MARIE D'ANCANTO.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 01:40 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
13 posts
Eagle
alias

665 WORDS

As much as he liked Katherine, even as far as considering her a part of his pack – his time with wolves was one of the few things he did remember from his past – he also considered her a pain in his ass. A massive one. Kitty was too much for someone as serious and broody as Logan was, with her never-ending rambling and pop culture reference, half of which he didn't understand or cared to. She has been nagging the fuck out of him to sit and watch some movies she loved and he has always said no, he was not the movie watching type... never has been. But no matter how many times he said no, it seemed that to her no meant yes. It never ended.

Then there was her nosy disposition. She always wanted to be in the thick of things, anything, no matter if it was dangerous or not. Always wanted to know things that clearly were not meant for her to know and always was getting in the way. And with like everything else, she would never accept a no for an answer. He should have known this would happen when he asked her to cover for him. And yet... he was the one who told her, instead of just leaving as he always did and tell no one. Why was that? Simple, because as much as she infuriated the living shit out of him, he saw her as someone he valued and... loved? Well, he might not go that far, but she was like his adopted cub and like any good pack animal, he took care of his own.

“I'm aware of the dangers of the outside world, Half-Pint. I think I can take care of myself. What I can't do is take care of myself while also worrying about you. Call me sexist all you want, but where I'm going is no place for a woman, especially not one that weight less than my duffelbag.” he motioned at his bag mounted on his bike. “Not to mention one that looks more like a model than a fighter, regardless of your funky powers.” He said with a malicious grin. Kitty was proud to the point of obsession and he knew that those words would set her off.

In reality, he wanted to do this alone, but something else came to mind. He did promise Charles that he would train his students, so they could be ready for whatever it was Charles feared was coming. Perhaps this would be a good chance for Logan to continue his training of Kitty. Was it dangerous? Of course it was, but she did have those powers of hers that could come handy. Logan was not sure how he would be able to pass the massive amount of security screens the WSC would have put in place in their building, afterall. Maybe she could actually be of help, as much a pain in the ass she was.

She was reliable, he gave her that, and she did have a good handle on her powers, even though her taste in men left a lot to be desired. Stark? Really? And before him Piotr? She sure liked her men either shallow and flashy or big and dumb. No matter how much he loved women – and he did, to a fault – he would never understand their mindset. They complain about broken hearts but then go and find themselves men that certainly would break them. He sighed and lifted his hand. “Before you start chewing my ass for the comment... you can come. We are going to New York, so go and pack something, as we would be there for a few days.” He then crossed his heart. “I won't leave you... I promise.” He added. He was a man of his word, he was not going to leave her while she went and packed. “Meet me at the gate.”

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 10:21 AM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

Despite the fact the closest thing to a mission the gangly brunette had ever undertaken was that school drill, and then there had been that time she’d accidentally saved a bunch of people during the invasion of New York, this was different, this was official. It might have been just her and Mr. Logan, but that had the effect of strengthening her determination. Especially in light of his comments, if he thought they would anger her, and they would have under the normal circumstances, she couldn’t help getting the distinct impression he was goading her. And it worked! “You? Take care of me? Pfft! Dude, you might be able to heal in a flash, but I don’t get hurt at all, if I don’t wanna. So, who’s got the advantage now, huh?” Kitty pointed out. Confidence, it was definitely confidence. That would be her undoing.

Then, Kitty’s brow drooped into a furrow, and her lower lip quivered, as she brought her hand to her chest, “I weigh less than a duffel bag? You really do know how to make a girl feel special, don’t you, Mr. Logan? By the way, just to bring you up to speed, complimenting a woman on her weight, or lack thereof, is generally considered a compliment these days” the gangly brunette added once she dropped her feigned attempt at being flattered, because her weight was the last thing she cared about. She didn’t actively go out of her way to keep it at bay, but she was engaged in numerous physical activities. Dancing simply wasn’t an option, if she didn’t do it, she’d end up teaching it anyway, and she jogged from time to time as well. The man seated on the motorbike before her had also tutored her in martial arts, so she remained physically engaged, for the most part.

That being said, the latter wasn’t something she had a lot, if any, field practice in. Kitty might have been more suspicious of Mr. Logan relenting, if she wasn’t immediately seized by a burst of excitement the moment he did, and actually bounded, and clapped with enthusiasm on the spot. “Eeeee! Thank you! Thank you!” the gangly brunette squealed, and bounced in his direction, and hugged him, tightly at that. However, she was quick to clear her throat, shake it off, and pull away, “I mean, cool…” but despite her attempts to act as such, it all came out again as she half ran, and half skipped in the direction of the garage door, and into the mansion to fetch some things. When she emerged again, however, it was with a nylon navy backpack, which was a bit much for her lithe frame to handle.

“Okie dokie…” Kitty grinned, as she struggled under the weight of the bag. Approaching Mr. Logan, she clambered up onto the seat behind him, almost falling backward in the process with the mass pulling on her shoulders. When she eventually righted herself, she shifted the bag around, and rummaged through its contents. “Oh, right, yeah, that… or those, we could probably do without” the gangly brunette discovered her curling irons, her electric toothbrush, a picture of her Mom and Dad, and her stuffed dragon, Lockheed. She discarded the iron, the toothbrush, and the picture, but kept Lockheed. How much could that little guy even weigh, anyway? Her laptop, and the charger that came with it, they were staying where they were, but then she remembered something.

“Oooh, helmet!” Kitty exclaimed, and fetched one to pull over her head, and as she marched back down the path between the garage and the gate, she asked: “So, where to?” the gangly brunette questioned, securing the clasp of the helmet under her chin.

words: 621. tagged: JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 09:05 AM
X-Men
online status
codename
13 posts
Eagle
alias

666 WORDS

He stared at her with almost a resigned look on his face as she began to take things out of her backpack. What part of 'pack light' she didn't get? Why in the name of everything holy would she need the curling irons or the electric toothbrush or even the picture of her folks? Or that stupid ass stuffed... whatever it was! He bet she didn't have any appropriate clothes in there, and by appropriate, he meant black. They were going to infiltrate one of – if not the – most secured places in the world. If they drew attention, or worst, get caught... it was going to be a world of shit not only for them, but the others in the Mansion. He was starting to regret agreeing on taking her with him. “Tell me that at least you brought a change of underwear.” He said, almost jokingly.

“New York City.” He said and revved the engines. As they traveled, he explained. “We are going to get inside the World Security Building and have a looksy look around. These Accords don't set well with me, so I want to know if they pose some threat for people like us.” He told her. For all he knew he might have been just paranoid. There were no indicators that people knew about the existence of Mutants and according to the news, the accords were mostly to contain and monitor the Avengers, but he also knew that people in power never gave all the information. He hadn't read the Accords... in fact, no one has. There were no public hearings about it, no posting the document on any site. Only that one day they decided to announce – vaguely – that an agreement between one hundred and seventeen countries has been reached in order to 'prevent what happened in Sokovia, New York and Lagos from happening again'.

Yeah, that was vague as shit.

“By the way, we wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for that dipshit Stark. Your boyfriend. I hope you can see how wrong you are in dating that asshole.” Logan couldn't help himself pointing that out to her. To him, Kitty was making a massive mistake sleeping with that idiot – he assumed they were sleeping together, knowing how much of a filthy jerk Stark was – and he could not believe that someone as smart as Katherine was, she would be such a fool. And what in hell did she see in him? “Also, I hope you realize that he ain't shit!” He added, just to emphasize how much he did not like Stark. Because he didn't. Not that Logan was known for being the most friendly of fellows... but with Stark, he believed, he had reasons to dislike him.

The ride was not a long one, perhaps two hours and he made sure to make a few pit-stops along the way. Finally the reached the city late afternoon and he decided to get into a motel for at least a few days until they have a workable plan. He pulled out a fake credit card and a fake I.D. “Robert Armitage and my... eh... wife, Emily.” He said to the receptionist. The guy gave them the key and asked if they wanted Adult Films services in their room for a few extra bucks. “Eh? What the hell kind of a question is that? No!” He replied, almost blushing. He should have known, considering that the motel didn't look respectable at all. “Normal TV would do and thank you.” He almost snarled and then carrying his bag and Kitty's, reached the room.

“You can take the bed, I'll sleep on the floor.” He told Kitty and placing the bed-cover on the floor, he took one of the pillows and made a make-shift bed. “Now, I highly doubt there is room service here, so I am going out and get us dinner. What do you want?”

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0

PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 05:57 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

“You know, you had every opportunity to interrogate him about these Accords the last time he was at the mansion, and while I may be an expert at breaking into government facilities, had you not been so busy engaging in a game of alpha male with him, we might not even have to do this” Kitty pointed out, “Be pissed off with him all you want, but remember what Master Yoda said about anger? Sometimes, it can blindside you” the gangly brunette added. Once her helmet was in place, and she could be certain her duffel bag wasn’t going to cause her to fall backward, she sank down to sit behind Mr. Logan, and they were off. She was surprised he’d opted for a motel, half expecting them to camp, but not as surprised as she was by the name he’d opted for, and definitely not as surprised when he decided to introduce her as his wife. “Duuuuude… porn or no porn, like you even got a shot” she grinned.

“Well, that depends. How much time you got on your hands for a ritual slaughter? I tend to take my meat ‘Schochet’” Kitty grinned when he made mention of food, “A pizza will do me just fine, just lay off the pork” she waved her hand dismissively, although the gangly brunette didn’t necessarily consider herself devoutly religious, she still followed some of the customs, and consuming Kosher foods was one of them. She mostly did it for her mother, but mostly, she did it for her dad, out of respect for his side of the family. While her grandfather had emigrated to the States long before the beginnings of World War Two, his sister had not been so lucky, that was, if Magneto was to be believed. The Master of Magnetism once told her he’d been acquainted with her grandaunt in Auschwitz, but she didn’t know how much of that was true. She didn’t think he would lie, but she didn’t entirely trust him either. Either way, Chava had never been found.

Then, Kitty marched in the direction of the bathroom, and started to poke around in the duffel bag for her uniform, the very one she intended to wear whenever they decided to break into the World Security Council building to have a ‘looksy’. She was already excited, and while she had come prepared, some might say too prepared, there was something she had forgotten. Sliding into the skin-tight leather, it occurred to her that the last time she had worn it, was exactly the same time as she had graduated from an X-Student, to a member of the X-Men. The gangly brunette had been sixteen when that happened, and at sixteen she stood of five feet. She was flat chested, and completely lacking in hips of any description. Now she was six inches taller, had cleavage, and curves to match, which could only mean one thing. Her uniform did not fit her. Her ankles were showing, she just about managed to squeeze her thighs passed the leather, and she could forget about pulling the zip much further beyond her chest, leaving the valley of her breasts on display.

“Crapbaskets…” Kitty mumbled, looking herself up and down in the bathroom mirror, trying to reassure herself that maybe, just maybe, all that was required of her was to break the outfit in. It had, after all, been a good eight years since the last time she’d worn it, so perhaps all that was needed was for her to treat it like a new pair of shoes. She wouldn’t need to do anything drastic like shrink, or lose weight, or pull an Emma Frost in reverse. She’d just walk around a bit, and that would do the trick. “Oooh, Mr. Logan! Look what I got ya!” she giggled, and whipped out the baseball hat, waving it from the doorway of the bathroom, “For your hair, especially them sideburns, being so distinct, and all” she added, stepping over the threshold, and skipping up to him to place it on his head.

“And it fits, too. Dude! Don’t give me that look. It’s totally for security purposes. You have a very interesting face. They’ll remember you if they see you. Me? Well, I’m pretty. Pretty doesn’t stand out” Kitty elaborated, humorously, “Now, give us a smile” the gangly brunette grinned, as she reached for her cellular, and prepared to take a snapshot. This was totally going on Instagram…

words: 745. tagged: JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 05:34 AM
X-Men
online status
codename
13 posts
Eagle
alias

820 WORDS

Yeah... he was regretting bringing Kitty to this mission. As much as he liked the half-pint mutant, she had a way to get on his nerve that Logan never thought possible. After listening to her ramble about Stark and someone named Yoda – he had no clue who that was – all the way until they reached the motel, then the guy at the night-desk implying they should watch Adult films together –what the hell, was he confusing him with, eh, Stark!? – , then she once again rambling about the food, it almost made Logan leave her there and disappear again. As much as he detested Stark, he did feel a bit sorry for the guy. Did he have to put up with this perpetual rambling of hers everytime they were together? Much respect to the man if that was the case...

Hell no! Respect? Stark was still a piece of shit in his eyes!

He had to admit that his animosity towards the billionaire was mostly because of Kitty although some of the rich jerk's actions in the past also had something to do with it. But it was mainly Logan being overprotective of the runt. The lean and cute woman and the Wolverine had developed such a close bond... and he wasn't even sure why that was so. James was not one that developed nothing close with anyone, much less a 'bond'. Sure, he had developed... eh... something for Jean, but that was another story for another day. If his memory served him correctly – something he was never sure of – he have had relationships and friendships in the past... at least those he could remember. But they were rare. And never at the level he has with Kitty. As said, he saw her as part of his pack, a cub that he needed to keep safe. So, it was understandable that the thought of her sleeping with someone – much less that piece of shit Stark – was something he wished to not think about.

In truth, Logan was being fatherly... it made him shudder.

He went to a pizza place that was as rundown and shabby as the motel was. This was not a good area in the city. After ordering a large one and two bottles of beer, he waited until it was done and headed back to the motel. Avoiding people – which was hard, considering there were several ladies of the night standing at every damn corner – he shook his head to every one of them when they tried to solicit him. Reaching the night-desk, he told the person there – this time a brunette woman – to program a wake up call for five in the morning and then got back into the room. And was met by a Kitty in a 'way too small for her' uniform. How the hell she got into that? It looked painful and he worried she was cutting circulation to her limbs.

“You are showing too much cleavage. Have some decorum.” He said in that gruff voice of his and placed the pizza and the beer on the table. “And your ass is too big for those pants. Here, is cheese.” He added and took a slice, the beer and sat on the bed. He was already shaking his head about the cap. “This would call more attention to myself. We are not going to a NASCAR race.” The thing looked ridiculous. He took it off and tossed it aside. “We are not going through the front door anyway, so it is unnecessary. That is why you are here. You are going to 'phase' us in or whatever it is you call that funky power of yours.” He explained to her that the WSC building was built on top of an old train station and that there was a subway system that connected to it. All they had to do was get from the subway into that area and phase through the old train station into the basement of the building from below. ” So eat your pizza and get some sleep. We move at dawn...”

NEXT DAY...

Two figures, one short and the other shorter – guess which one was which – moved across the subway system with flashlights on their hands. Logan removed a few debris and found a hole that led them straight into the remnants of an old train station, just as he told her. “See? I know my shit, half-pint.” Looking around, he stopped at a wall. “He he... this is the spot. The building is at the other side of this wall. And it is just concrete, so it shouldn't be a problem for you, right?” He asked Kitty. He left his bag there and then frowned, looking at her. “You can get us through, right?” He asked her again.

HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0

PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jul 18 2018, 05:14 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

If Mr. Logan wasn’t going to wear the baseball cap, then she would. Kitty was going to get some mileage, no pun intended, out of the ten bucks she had spent, last time she and Doug had paid a visit to Coney Island. It had been a dare, but for the life of her, she couldn’t recall which one of them had lost. Whatever about his dignity, she’d lost some cash, and college fees didn’t make that something to sneeze at, even if it was just a few dollars. The gangly brunette was very fortunate she had a roof over her head, and a job.

Money wasn’t the only reason for the hat. The light had a tendency to irritate her eyes, and the less irritation with her contacts in, the better. She hated those damned things. Either Kitty went without, or she wore her glasses, but she couldn’t very well get away with that during the mission. This was, perhaps, the gangly brunette’s third or fourth attempt at wearing lenses, and she just wasn’t gravitating toward them at all. It certainly didn’t help that she spent most of her life stationed in front of a computer either, but on the occasions when she actually managed to succeed in applying them, she tended to fall asleep with them still in. To say that hurt like a bitch was an understatement.

Then there was Kitty herself, too proud to admit it, especially after Mr. Logan’s remarks that her uniform wasn’t fitting her as comfortably as she would like, she’d slept in the leather contraption in an effort to break it in. Needless to say, it hadn’t worked, with the first victims being her ribcage, and her crotch. The gangly brunette walked along the subway, as if she had just endured the vicious assault of a Brazilian, and she didn’t mean a dude from Rio De Janeiro either, but a strip of wax. Still, she tried not to show it, and pinned a smile to her cheeks, as she nodded at the Wolverine’s question. “Concrete be my jam!” she exclaimed, rubbing her hands together gleefully as she approached the wall, and proceeded to test the waters, as it were, first.

She reached out with her hand, and stretched out her fingers, dipping them into the solid substance, as if it were bathwater she were checking. And she was, in essence. There were many people, Kitty herself, who considered her to be among the most powerful mutants, simply because she possessed so few weaknesses. In a sense, they were right, and as she had explained to Mr. Logan back at the mansion, she didn’t get hurt at all. However, in order to achieve that, the gangly brunette had to know she was going to get hurt if she wanted to avoid it, which was easy enough depending on the scenario. Someone pointed a gun at her? Easy. She immediately shifted into an intangible state, and the intended bullets passed right through her. An explosive detonated in her immediate surroundings? That was a great deal more difficult. Shrapnel were not easy projectiles to predict, and she was at a very real risk of hurting herself in that position.

It all depended. Sure, Kitty might have been capable of getting in and out of anywhere. She’d told Spiderman as much, bank vaults and the White House were easily within her ability to breach. However, a bunker several feet under ground, encased in several more feet of steel, that was another matter entirely. Why? Because there was no oxygen under ground, and no oxygen in steel. Like a swimmer preparing to dive under water, the gangly brunette had to hold her breath until she reached the surface for air, otherwise, she would suffocate. She ran the very real risk of dying if she found herself trapped inside a wall for too long, so of course, she tested its depths first, and extended her arm as far as it could go until she was satisfied.

“Okie dokie, I think we’re good to go” Kitty smiled, and still with one arm submerged in concrete, she reached back with the other, her hand taking Mr. Logan’s. “Just, uh, hold your breath for a few seconds, because the inside of solid surfaces tend to lack breathable air… wait, do you even require oxygen to survive?” the gangly brunette questioned, before diving in headfirst, or rather, arms first.

words: 737. tagged: JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
affiliate with us here!
we're listed at:
Marvel Topsites Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay

Forum Roleplay Site RPG-D
sister sites
MCU: Sacred Vows Insaniam
static affiliates
FLAWED GENETICS X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay WHAT WE CHOOSE

Only Super We Are Warriors

Age of Heroes Marvel Heroes RPG Exalted Kingdoms
scrolling affiliates
ideal world  photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg Δrk City Fortify - Young Justice and DC
TUDORS SAGA
skinned by missy at caution and shine.

NOTICE!

attention, guests!

INFINITE DREAMS is a moderate to intermediate, mature role-playing site where we pick up from where Captain America: Civil War left off and into a future where the Infinity Stones shall come in play.

Please be sure and read everything contained within the INFO section of our site.

For guests with any questions, kindly note that a majority of the staff team reside on the continent of Europe, putting them in the GMT +1 and GMT timezones. This will make them uncontactable for various reasons, in particular, during the night. If the section as referenced above fails to answer your questions, we would advise patience in waiting for members of administration to revert, or post your questions in the Q&A for a more in depth response.

[close]