WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
naddi
Hey there! My name is Nadin and I'm from Germany. My responsibility lies with the graphics as well as the advertisment of this lovely site. Apart from that I'm lingering in the shadows and be there when no one expects me. But no worries, I do not bite (hard). Joke aside, I'm well-bred and have manners. I love harmony and try to maintain it in every aspect of what I do. I love to brainstorm before jumping into a thread so there will be absolutly no reason for you to be shy. Just write me a pm or meet me on discord! When I'm not around then it's because I'm at work (shifts), I'm dead or our time zones are way too far apart.
maggie
Hi! Maggie here, the moderator around these parts. My job lies squarely with the site layout and aesthetic, as well as advertising. I work as a Legal Secretary, and I live in Ireland, so my presence around the board might be spotty during the course of the day, but I will be hovering at various intervals. What do I bring to Infinite Dreams? A love of writing, and particularly, story telling. I also have all this useless Norse mythology knowledge that makes me the best equipped to deal with all them pesky Aesir, Vanir and whatever else might wander into the site, so if you have any questions about that area of things, hit me up either by PM or on Discord at madmaggie#6538.

Add Reply
New Poll

Member Groups
DER SOLDAT
 Posted: May 13 2018, 10:08 AM
Admin
online status
codename
26 posts
Naddi
alias

member groups
Infinite Dreams relies heavily on the use of member groups for the purpose of plot creation, story-arcs and site-wide events. Below is a list of the member groups characters can be assigned to, and a brief overview of where each group stands in relation to the plot.

AVENGERS

Although the AVENGERS were disbanded as a result of the rift caused by the Sokovia Accords, those that made up its ranks continue to fight. Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Sam Wilson, Wanda Maximoff and Clint Barton were branded fugitives under the World Security Council and the United Nations. This has left Tony Stark alone to put the pieces back together, recruiting new members to the splintered faction. Avengers HQ continues to operate as their base of operations

SECRET AVENGERS

As a result of their fugitive status, renegades Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Sam Wilson and Wanda Maximoff have banded together to form the SECRET AVENGERS, and have resumed their positions as Earth’s Defenders. Others, not unlike Clint Barton and Scott Lang, were granted amnesty, and placed under house arrest for their part in the conflict that arose as a result of the Sokovia Accords.

GOVERNMENT

With S.H.I.E.L.D still crippled as a result of a hostile takeover at the hands of HYDRA, those that once made up its ranks have reformed under the World Security Council to join their efforts in enforcing the recently enacted Sokovia Accords, but while some believe the legislation is required in the interest of public safety, there are others who view it is a deterrent to the actions of those tasked with maintaining that very thing. Through a series of successive attempts at retaliation, HYDRA has also been left decimated, but one of its heads remains standing in the form of the Baroness, determined to use her connections in the Hellfire Club so that her empire may rise from the ashes once again.
NOTE: Infinite Dreams is a movie verse based site solely, which means the events of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D TV series are not canon to our site. The characters can be played, and their origins included prior to the commencement of the series, however.

MUTANTS

The mutant phenomenon and the emergence of the Mutant X-Gene remains unknown to the general public, but with the enactment of the Sokovia Accords, these genetic anomalies have come to the attention of the World Security Council, and it is only a matter of time before they too become targets for registration. The X-MEN, a group established by the recently deceased Professor Charles Xavier, secluded and secreted away in his School for Gifted Youngsters in Westchester, remains on the fringes of this new threat, but there are others with a different goal in mind. The HELLFIRE CLUB, with its focus on amassing power through the influential use of politics and economics, stands poised to take advantage of the current climate. Following a coup within the Inner Circle, which has seen Emma Frost rise to the position of Lady Imperial, the organisation has been restructured, and all its powers centralised to the New York branch of the club, allowing her control over the entire Hellfire network.
NOTE: Regarding mutants, Infinite Dreams will be approaching them as if knowledge of the species has remained a secret up until the recent enactment of the Sokovia Accords, which had the effect of bringing them to the attention of the World Security Council. Their existence will only be known to government agents, and not the wider public. As for mutant groups, only the X-MEN, X-STUDENTS and the HELLFIRE CLUB will be considered applicable member groups here. The reason for this is attributable to the passage of time. For the likes of Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr to have founded these groups in the manner they did, would now render them deceased.

While this isn’t an issue for an establishment such as Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, with staff like Scott Summers, Jean Grey, Ororo Munroe and Henry McCoy to take the place of school figurehead and leader, and others like Logan, Rogue, Piotr Rasputin, Kurt Wagner and Katherine Pryde to form a team, the Brotherhood is a different matter, and would not be feasible here. Further to that, for mutants to have remained unknown up until this point, the actions of the Brotherhood would have had to have been minimal, making their ranks a lot more likely to thin out with their leader's demise. It is therefore recommended that anyone with an intention to apply for a Brotherhood character either ally them with the X-Men or the Hellfire Club for the foreseeable future. That being said, should anyone wish to reform the group, provided there are enough members with an interest, we may then seek to re-establish them.

ALIENS

This member group encompasses all characters that originate from the planets beyond Earth, namely, those that inhabit the Nine Realms that make up the cosmos of Yggdrasil. After a devastating assault, the people of Asgard have been forced to flee, and seek sanctuary elsewhere from dark forces in the form of Thanos and his Black Order, who have lain siege to the realm eternal in search of his prized Infinity Stones.
NOTE: By permitting aliens the likes of the Asgardians, and also incorporating the presence of Thanos in the plot, we hope to eventually pave the way forward for the Guardians of the Galaxy on Infinite Dreams, but there will be a caveat: Thanos’ role on the site will be later introduced as part of a potential site plot, but for the foreseeable future, he will remain as a background figure and only mentioned in passing. The Guardians, by their nature, are difficult to incorporate on a site based on Earth, so until the events that have transpired on Asgard are fully developed, they will remain unavailable. However, if an established member presents the staff with a sound method of incorporating them in the meantime, then we will expedite their introduction and open them for application.

CIVILIANS

Though T’Challa decreed that his country would remain neutral in the face of the Sokovia Accords, he has been aiding Steve Rogers and the Secret Avengers, providing them with advanced technology, and a safe haven where James Buchanan Barnes remains in hiding from the World Security Council. Otherwise, this member group encompasses all unaffiliated characters, be they human, superhuman or mutant.

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
affiliate with us here!
we're listed at:
Marvel Topsites Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay

Forum Roleplay Site
sister sites
MCU: Sacred Vows
static affiliates
FLAWED GENETICS X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay WHAT WE CHOOSE

Only Super We Are Warriors Mutant Revolution Online
scrolling affiliates
ideal world  photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg Δrk City Marvel Heroes RPG
TUDORS SAGA
skinned by missy at caution and shine.