WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
naddi
Hey there! My name is Nadin and I'm from Germany. My responsibility lies with the graphics as well as the advertisment of this lovely site. Apart from that I'm lingering in the shadows and be there when no one expects me. But no worries, I do not bite (hard). Joke aside, I'm well-bred and have manners. I love harmony and try to maintain it in every aspect of what I do. I love to brainstorm before jumping into a thread so there will be absolutly no reason for you to be shy. Just write me a pm or meet me on discord! When I'm not around then it's because I'm at work (shifts), I'm dead or our time zones are way too far apart.
maggie
Hi! Maggie here, the moderator around these parts. Some of you might remember me from Believe In Heroes, or BIH to go by the site's acronym. My job lies squarely with the site layout and aesthetic, as well as advertising. I work as a Legal Secretary, and I live in Ireland, so my presence around the board might be spotty, but I will be hovering at various intervals. What do I bring to Infinite Dreams? A love of writing, and particularly, story telling. I also have all this useless Norse mythology knowledge that makes me the best equipped to deal with all them pesky Aesir, Vanir and whatever else might wander into the site, so if you have any questions about that area of things, hit me up either by PM or on Discord at madmaggie#6538.

Add Reply
New Poll

F.A.Q.
FROSTBYTE
 Posted: May 13 2018, 02:47 PM
Admin
online status
codename
28 posts
Eagle
alias

PM
^
YGGDRASIL
 Posted: May 16 2018, 03:38 PM
Admin
online status
codename
19 posts
maggie
alias

f.a.q.
Q: Why are the Marvel Cinematic Universe TV series not considered canon on Infinite Dreams?

A: Accessibility and excessive use of a multitude of sources, to put it simply.

Think of it this way. It's easier and less time consuming to watch a series of movies that receive international release, unlike a televised series that's a property of the US, and because of that, receives a limited and delayed release. This is the case with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (AoS). People living in Europe, for example, might not be able to view the latest episodes until weeks, maybe even months later. Therefore, we feel it unfair to discriminate on the basis of lack of knowledge.

We personally feel that the movies provide a more accessible baseline, and also allow for more freedom of creativity and room for interpretation, thus allowing for some originality, as well as making allowances for canon aspects of the comics to be included. We also hope that people who may have minimal interest in Marvel as a genre might find the site more accessible if we limit our sources, allowing us to attract a wider range of writers. Because of the aforementioned TV series intrinsic links to the movies, it adds too much complexity, especially with the addition of Inhumans as a species, which would make for a difficult incorporation. These events, which culminated in the Hive storyline, are simply too much for us. Mutants are, however, playable on the site, so we would suggest that any Inhumans characters from the TV series simply be readapted to mutants. All other characters that featured in AoS, and their origin stories, can be included, provided the events of AoS aren't.

That being said, series the likes of which Netflix has released in the form of Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage can be incorporated, since these are adaptations that effect a singular character, and not the MCU as a whole. They are very detached, and with staff consultation, can be incorporated.

PM
^
FROSTBYTE
 Posted: May 16 2018, 04:36 PM
Admin
online status
codename
28 posts
Eagle
alias

f.a.q.

Q: Are characters from movies not covered in the timeline of Infinite Dreams, like Black Panther or Doctor Strange, still playable?

A: Yes. As long as the happenings of their respective movies are not included in their story because, simply put, they haven't happen in our timeline, which ends with Captain America: Civil War. So Black Panther and Strange existed prior to their own movies, so they could be created, you just have to tweak a little their origin story... and that is where comic books can fill in the blanks. Now, that said, there is a caveat for Dr. Strange. As of right now, he is a banned character, simply because he has the potential of been written too overpowered and brings problems for story progression. That said, because we have a theme in the site concerning the Infinity Stones, he could be created, but only after those interested first talk to the Staff and work with them to establish what is possible with Strange and what is not.

PM
^
FROSTBYTE
 Posted: May 20 2018, 08:56 AM
Admin
online status
codename
28 posts
Eagle
alias

f.a.q.
Q: Can I do changes in a canon character so I can explore other things not shown in the movies?

A: Yes and no. Let us discuss the 'no' first. If you wish to have a canon that is from the MCU but you want to add some flavor by drawing some aspects of the character from the comic books (the Earth 616 Version), as well as filling in some gaps, you can do so and we even encourage you to do it. The more flavor you add from other Canonical sources, the better, as both Movies and comic books sources are accepted. But to change a canon, that have already clear and evident things established, using information or interpretations that are not supported by either the MCU movies or the Earth 616 version of the comic books, is not accepted. This is non-negotiable nor is opened for argument. Either this is recognized as the way things are or you are free to go to another site and write the character with all the changes you want to. Changing a canon, especially a major one, without supporting those changes with either the movies or the comics makes said canon be a canon no more... it becomes basically an original. So might as well make an original, with all the possible reviews and restrictions that comes with it.

With regards to the Mutants and other characters that are not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, however, we are more lenient and accommodating, because we don't draw inspiration for them from the Fox movies, instead relying more on the basic backgrounds and attributes that are known from the comics (Earth 616) and as such, you can use some creativity on how to weave them into a more cohesive story, give them you personal touches concerning personality and such, and do some changes about them, as long as it doesn't add more powers or change their basic background from the comics. We, of course, will review them and in a respectful and helpful matter tell you our suggestions about the changes, in order to make them adaptable to the site and the overall story arcs. We only ask the same respectful and helpful considerations.

PM
^
FROSTBYTE
 Posted: May 20 2018, 09:01 AM
Admin
online status
codename
28 posts
Eagle
alias

f.a.q.
Q: What is 'Story-driven' and why it seems to be important in Infinite Dreams?

A: Story-driven site is basically one that has an overall main plot and connected story-arcs where all characters are inside of and affected by, the events surrounding that main plot, hence investing in telling a story and not just multiple disjointed ones with no connections to each other. It is a dynamic, challenging, fun, and inclusive approach to writing, where your character is as important to the story as you want them to be with your engagement and commitment to them. To be perfectly honest and up-front... we don't encourage Sandbox writing here. If that is what you are looking for, then more power to you, and join a site that promotes that. Infinite Dreams is not that type of site.

Now, what are the benefits of a fully immersed Story-Driven approach? It allows writers to have choices on how to get their characters involved not only with other characters all around the site, but also on how they would push the story forward and react to things inside a template of an overreaching and bigger tale. It also allows you to be part in the creation and advancement of those stories, avoiding 'writing cliques' , which in turn creates a more collaborative, interactive, fun, and friendly approach to storytelling.

You also have the freedom to run your own sub-plots and developments with your characters, but always mindful how those subplots affect other characters and other story-arcs in relation to the main plot and themes. Think of it as a novel or a movie, where you have both the inciting incident that propels a certain story forward but you also have moments of character development, subplots, comedy, sadness, romance, and down-time... all in the service of the narrative. There is a very important maxim in writing: The characters serve the story, not the other way around. Our goal is to have fun writing our own MCU from where Captain America: Civil War left off. And if you are that type of writer that would love to be active, engaged, and looking for something different, then Infinite Dreams is for you and we want you to be part of it.

PM
^
FROSTBYTE
 Posted: May 20 2018, 09:22 AM
Admin
online status
codename
28 posts
Eagle
alias

f.a.q.
Q: Why there are so many restrictions concerning Original Characters?

A: We like to think that we are accommodating in regards to Original Characters, but at the same time it is not fair to allow Original Characters to basically be clones of Canon Characters, especially ones that are already in play. If you wish to create one that is completely similar to a Canon... then why not just go for the Canon? The benefits of a source such as Marvel, which has spanned almost seventy years, is that it has given us every character with every power imaginable, major and minor. Have an idea for an Original Character in mind, but that power has already been claimed by a minor Canon Character? Why not simply take that minor Canon Character, and make them your own instead? Please see the likes of KASANDRA WULF for an example of this, a character who is, in actual fact, CASSANDRA ROMULUS in the comics. We are also trying to avoid the possibility of overpowered characters that neither serve any purpose to the story and are difficult for other writers to write with. Where mutants are concerned, this is more about rational and logic. For them to have realistically existed for so long undetected, the broad spectrum of powers that exist has to be limited in respect of that. Everyone wants to write with you, but if you make a character that it makes it hard, then what is the point? With Infinite Dreams still in its infancy as a site, there are no limits to the Canon Characters that are available. That said, it has been our experience that many writers make amazing Original Characters, rich with background and personality that become extremely important to the plots, so we don't discourage anyone from making them, as long as you understand that some restrictions have to be in place.

PM
^
YGGDRASIL
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 07:38 AM
Admin
online status
codename
19 posts
maggie
alias

f.a.q.
Q: So, the Brotherhood? What's the deal with them?

A: The short answer is refer to LORNA DANE'S application, more specifically, her history and the RP sample. There, the existence of the group is outlined, but unfortunately, with no anti-mutant legislation threatening them, the Brotherhood of Mutants would have been unable to function in a reasonable and logical capacity. They would simply have been the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants that they originally started off as in the comics before the Mutant Registration Act was introduced, with no rhyme or reason to their actions. Anyone applying for characters who were originally affiliated with the group, and are struggling to detail their character's history as a member, are more than welcome to take creative liberty with their actions, since S.H.I.E.L.D can be counted upon to have covered them up, thus maintaining the secrecy of mutants, as a group, until recently. With Magneto's death, the group has been dissolved, and branded criminals. However, some of their members have been pardoned for whatever actions the players choose to designate to them, provided they join a government sanctioned group, the X-FACTOR, to aid the World Security Council in enforcing the Sokovia Accords.

PM
^
YGGDRASIL
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 07:51 AM
Admin
online status
codename
19 posts
maggie
alias

f.a.q.
Q: At what point, in the legislative process, are we at as far as the Sokovia Accords are concerned?

A: The Sokovia Accords have been enacted, insofar as they have been drawn up, approved and ratified but they have yet to be implemented. Bills (insofar as Ireland and the UK are concerned) can take months to be imposed, so we're looking at a potential timeframe of six months. As some of ye may know, Ireland recently repealed the 8th Amendment on the 25th of May, 2018, but its replacement legislation will not be implemented until November, which is a six month timeframe.

PM
^
YGGDRASIL
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 10:41 AM
Admin
online status
codename
19 posts
maggie
alias

f.a.q.
Q: Has Asgard been destroyed?

A: Destroyed insofar as it is currently uninhabitable, yes. The devastation wrought by Thanos and his Black Order, as well as his Outriders, would have left the stability of the realm eternal in question, and the atmosphere in a precarious position at best. This would not be known to those who fled, however, as they would have escaped prior to this attack, as ensured by the All-Father. This was done with a purpose, as we have often found incorporating Asgardians into the plot beyond Thor and Loki can be quite difficult, so we wanted to give them a greater purpose on the site, starting with displacing them.

PM
^
YGGDRASIL
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 12:15 PM
Admin
online status
codename
19 posts
maggie
alias

f.a.q.
Q: With regard to the recent unbanning of characters, can I register and apply for members of the Guardians of the Galaxy? What about the rest of Thanos' children, such as Corvus Glaive and Black Dwarf?

A: While it is true that these characters have been recently unbanned, for the time being, we would recommend against new members registering and applying for them, and wait until they have established themselves on the site first. Why? Because as it currently stands, these characters have little, to no parts to play on Infinite Dreams, and we don't want new members going through the hassle of registering and applying for them until they have more to do. In which case, we would advise that new members register and apply with a different character to begin with, and wait until such a time when these unbanned characters will have more to contribute.

PM
^
FROSTBYTE
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 08:19 AM
Admin
online status
codename
28 posts
Eagle
alias

f.a.q.
Q: Why do you guys don't like the 'shipping' of characters? Are you anti-romance or something? We can see some 'romances' going on.

A: First, LOL. Second, not at all. We do not discourage 'ships' in the site. We believe that relationships can be an essential part of a good story and some can add a lot to plot progression and the site in general, as well as give a peek at what makes the character tick. What we are concerned about, though, is writers making characters just for the sole purpose of getting them in relationships and nothing more than that.

For example, have a Tony Stark that is only defined by his relationship with Pepper Potts and nothing else, no leader of the Avengers, no part of the whole Sokovia Accords story, nothing about the aftermath of Civil War, not pushing forward any story but how much he loves Pepper, etc. That would be a disservice not only to the character, but also the story and other writers that want to go for more substantial things than just 'ships'. We run a Story-Driven site, as explained above, and hence the functionality and progression of the story and story-arcs are the driving force behind it. Relationships could easily fall into the Sandbox Writing category, which we do not encourage for the reasons stated in the question about Story-Driven. We rather see a character coming to its own and be an important part of the overall story rather than just be around for 'ships' and remaining outside of the many plots and arcs all of us -- Staff and members alike -- give you for your character to be engaged and you as a writer to be challenged and entertained. Also, what would happen to your character if the other writer leaves and you had nothing else for it but just a 'romance'?

Third, not everyone is into shipping their characters. Some writers might feel uncomfortable writing romantic threads with strangers or simply wish to take their characters into other paths or even other relationships outside the 'popular' ones. The rule of thumb about this is: when in doubt, ask before you make a character that might have a romantic relationship with another. Talk it out with the other writer. Don't create the character solely for a 'ship' and assuming the writer of the target character for 'ship' would go for it once it's in the site. If a romance happens inside the context of the story, organically, and in service of the plot, great. We love that and as said, it could be awesome. But to simply make a character just for the sole purpose to write said character in a relationship... that is another matter.

Fourth, to address the 'We can see some romances going on' part of the question. As said, if those romances are part of the overall story, push the different plots forward, push some stories for other characters, we are all for it.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
affiliate with us here!
we're listed at:
Marvel Topsites Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay

Forum Roleplay Site RPG-D
sister sites
MCU: Sacred Vows Insaniam
static affiliates
FLAWED GENETICS X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay WHAT WE CHOOSE

Only Super We Are Warriors

Age of Heroes Marvel Heroes RPG Exalted Kingdoms
scrolling affiliates
ideal world  photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg Δrk City Fortify - Young Justice and DC
TUDORS SAGA
skinned by missy at caution and shine.

NOTICE!

attention, guests!

INFINITE DREAMS is a moderate to intermediate, mature role-playing site where we pick up from where Captain America: Civil War left off and into a future where the Infinity Stones shall come in play.

Please be sure and read everything contained within the INFO section of our site.

For guests with any questions, kindly note that a majority of the staff team reside on the continent of Europe, putting them in the GMT +1 and GMT timezones. This will make them uncontactable for various reasons, in particular, during the night. If the section as referenced above fails to answer your questions, we would advise patience in waiting for members of administration to revert, or post your questions in the Q&A for a more in depth response.

[close]