WELCOME BACK, Guest ( )
naddi
Hey there! My name is Nadin and I'm from Germany. My responsibility lies with the graphics as well as the advertisment of this lovely site. Apart from that I'm lingering in the shadows and be there when no one expects me. But no worries, I do not bite (hard). Joke aside, I'm well-bred and have manners. I love harmony and try to maintain it in every aspect of what I do. I love to brainstorm before jumping into a thread so there will be absolutly no reason for you to be shy. Just write me a pm or meet me on discord! When I'm not around then it's because I'm at work (shifts), I'm dead or our time zones are way too far apart.
maggie
Hi! Maggie here, the moderator around these parts. Some of you might remember me from Believe In Heroes, or BIH to go by the site's acronym. My job lies squarely with the site layout and aesthetic, as well as advertising. I work as a Legal Secretary, and I live in Ireland, so my presence around the board might be spotty, but I will be hovering at various intervals. What do I bring to Infinite Dreams? A love of writing, and particularly, story telling. I also have all this useless Norse mythology knowledge that makes me the best equipped to deal with all them pesky Aesir, Vanir and whatever else might wander into the site, so if you have any questions about that area of things, hit me up either by PM or on Discord at madmaggie#6538.

Add Reply
New Poll

Heaven Can Wait, Tony and Kitty
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 04:52 PM
Avenger
online status
codename
33 posts
Eagle
alias

910 WORDS
NOTES: //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
Shoot To Thrill
He really wanted to use the Iron Man suit, but for once Friday actually made sense in her bitching and whining. It would have been very unpractical to pick up Katherine in the suit. He could fly with her, sure, but what about her stuff? And it would have been also silly for him to do so. He would take her up some other time. Of course, part of Friday's complains were because she didn't want to serve as Tony's inboard computer while he spoke to Kitty, but that was neither here or there, because Friday was installed in basically every single thing Tony had: Stark Tower, his Malibu mansion, his private plane and his cars. So in a sense she would be with them as they drove back to the Tower... silly Friday! He would need to do something about her programming, because she was becoming more and more sentient as time went by, which spoke volumes of Tony's genius... but he already had enough of sentient A.I.s to last him a lifetime.

Stark had heard of this School. In fact, his father spoke about it. A School for the Gifted... that was his kind of school. Maybe he could fund some projects, like he did in M.I.T. Maybe found a Grant... the Maria Stark Grant, where he can give those students a chance to become the Tony Starks of tomorrow. Something he might speak to Kitty about. It was a sad thing that the death of their Headmaster derailed the speech Tony was planning to give at the School, but he supposed that once the whole mess of finding a replacement and the mourning is settled, it could still happen. He would like very much to be able to talk to the kids about his favorite topic: himself. Come on! Tony was no different from other billionaires... he liked to talk about himself as much a the next dude.

As he drove his new 'toy', a gorgeous red and gold Audi (subtle was not a word that could be used to describe Tony), he began to think that it would be grand to have Kitty around, at least for a weekend. Stark has been kept to himself for a long time since the whole Sokovia Accords mess started, only with little breaks to his monotony when he got to see Katherine from time to time. She was busy with her work and her courses at M.I.T. And Tony was busy with walloping in his own misery. People didn't know how much all this has affected him, but to be honest, it started way before the split of the Avengers. If he had to pinpoint exactly when, it was – ironically – during the attack against Strucker and Hydra on that base, when Wanda showed him his deepest fears. When he saw his friends all dead at the hand of an unknown entity. Sure, it was just an illusion, but it shook him.

Then the whole mess with Pepper and then the battle at the Airport in Germany. It was as if life wanted to kick him in the balls as he was down. For the past two years, the only good thing that has happened to him was waiting for his arrival at that School. It was funny how he met Katherine. It would have seem as simply an accident, but he was not sure. She was a graduate student at M.I.T. That decided to organize a science and technology symposium and moved heaven and earth to get him to be the guest speaker. At first he wasn't going to do it, but then decided... why not? After all, he already was funding that massive grant for students to develop their own projects and ideas. He spoke at the symposium, met her afterward and then they kept in touch. From text they moved to drinks... from drinks to dinners... she wanted him to speak at her School, but that was canceled and now... he really wasn't sure at what stage they were.

The attraction was there... at least on his part. Not only she was quite attractive but she was full of life, not to mention she was brilliant. Sure, the age difference was problematic, but not as much as he might have thought. Before, he would not have cared about it, but Stark has been going through a lot of self-doubt and second guessing himself and this was no different. The thought of having a similar situation with Kitty as he had with Pepper terrified him. Still... they were taking things slowly and testing the waters... well... at least he was. He was not sure what she thought about all this. He arrived and after instructing Friday to be quiet for the rest of the weekend, he stepped out and walked to the entrance, ringing the door. As he waited, he took a good look at the place. It was a gorgeous place. It seems whoever owned the property was well-to-do. A kid opened and looked at Stark with curious eyes. Tony returned the stare. “Eh... is Kitty around? Tell her Tony is here.” The kid kept staring at him and at last said. “I am not allowed to talk to strangers” and slammed the door in his face... great, this was starting awesome. “Hello! Kitty!” He shouted.

I.. Am... Iron... Man
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 07:12 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

“No, Terry, don’t answer the duh –” Kitty had experienced a hell of a morning, jumping on and off of buses, on and off of trains, on and off of cabs, to finally make it to the mansion and discover there had been something of an explosion in her luggage. She wasn’t sure of the culprit, whether it was her conditioner, her shampoo or her moisturiser, but she had been fit to pull her hair out upon the discovery. Fortunately, her make up was spared, but the same could not be said for the wash bag the perpetrator had crept out of, nor her clothes. Every single article of clothing she had packed in her suitcase, she tipped out into a laundry basket, and carried downstairs in a huff, descending into the foyer when there was a knock on the door.

But Terry was already there, her strawberry blonde head of hair bopping in the direction of the porch, and it wasn’t long before Kitty got her wish. Oh, the little siren did answer the door, but she promptly shut it again after. “What the frack was that about?” she demanded of her student, bopping back off in the direction of the kitchen, “I. don’t. talk. to. strangers” the red head repeated, as if her teacher’s problem was that she didn’t hear her. “Yeah, no, got that part, but what about the part where he asked for me and not to kidnap you?” the gangly brunette questioned, “Well, people don’t often just come up to you, and tell you to your face they’re gonna kidnap you. My uncle pretended to be my Dad” she pointed out.

“Your uncle was a terrorist!” Kitty retorted, “And Tony Stark as good as made WMDs” but before Terry could defiantly fold her arms across her chest, Kitty shoved the laundry basket she was holding in her direction, marched toward the door, and opened it again, “Hi!” she squeaked, the brazenness she had demonstrated in her text messages retreating, momentarily, “I’ll be with you in just a moment, I just got a few things I need to take care of – ” but before she could finish what she was saying, Terry was quick to speak up again, “Why don’t you invite him in, Professor K?” she suggested, and the gangly brunette quickly glowered in her direction, “It’s rude to leave people just standing at the door, you know” she added.

Gritting her teeth, Kitty slowly turned back in Tony’s direction, and in an effort to avoid being shown up by that Irish brat, did as Terry suggested, “Come on in” she offered through those same gritted teeth, before dashing in her student’s direction to mutter under her breath, “No powers, you hear! If I so much as hear a whimper from you –” but once again, the red head spoke up, “What do you mean, no powers?” she questioned, and rather loudly too, forcing the gangly brunette to think and think fast, “I mean, that… thing… that… thing you do… when you… lick your finger, and stick it in my ear” of all the things, she prided herself on her smarts, but she simply wasn’t quick enough in this instance to employ them effectively.

Kids, if Kitty wasn’t already pretty damn sure she was never going to have them, she became a professor, and now she was contemplating sterilisation so as to dash any hopes of that possibility. Seriously… who thought procreation was a good idea? The gangly brunette almost felt sorry for Sean. For a moment there, he didn’t have a kid, and then Terry showed up, and he was suddenly a father. She couldn’t have coped, though she wasn’t certain if it was the kid she couldn’t cope with, or the fact the kid was Terry that she couldn’t cope with, brazen little brat that she was. “You mean this?” she asked, and immediately proceeded to test her teacher’s patience, licking her finger, and sticking it in her ear.

Both, Kitty quickly decreed. It was definitely both, and it was a struggle to swallow the temptation to grab Terry, shift her into an intangible state, and leave her in the wall for the surroundings to do their job. “Yeah…” the gangly brunette growled, “Something almost exactly like that…” she snarled, “And this…” but before the red head could proceed to rifle through the contents of the laundry basket, and Kitty could see it, the way her eyes came to rest on a particularly racy pair of undies, she quickly snatched it back. “Too far, Terry, too far…” but then, she took it a step further, “You’re rich, right, Mr. Stark? Do you mind if I ask you something?” she asked.

“How can you tell, if a girl is interested in you for you, or for your money?” Terry questioned, glancing back in her teacher’s direction momentarily, “I’m genuinely interested. Not saying you’re a gold digger or anything…” the red head shrugged as Kitty stood there, aghast, “Oh my… God-I-don’t-believe-in…”

words: 836. tagged: TONY STARK.
outfit: here! notes: nope!

there can be only one mikey!
of caution 2.0

PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 11:34 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
33 posts
Eagle
alias

1161 WORDS
NOTES: Worst Tony post ever! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/sad.gif
Shoot To Thrill
That was one weird ass kid, Tony thought as he waited in front of a very closed door. A door that was slammed right on his face. But then again, this was supposed to be a school for the gifted, hence weird was probably the norm rather than the exception. He was considered weird when he was growing up... fuck, he was still being considered that now that he was an adult. He was even weirder, considering that when he was that kid's age, he was already starting his first term at M.I.T., becoming the youngest person ever to attend that college. By nineteen he already had two Bachelors degrees in engineering and electronics and was halfway his first Masters degree. The hardest part of college for him was to adapt to the lifestyle while being so young. The courses? They were a breeze, but being so young in a place where everyone else was already an adult was hard to get used to, especially considering that he was so socially awkward. But he was still arrogant, and that in a way helped him get through the first few years.

Him being a 'wunderkind' also helped, as everyone wanted to be his friend just so he could help them with their own courses. Tony didn't mind, although it bothered him a bit that people were latching themselves to him just to get ahead and not out of real desire to become his friends. But back then beggars couldn't be choosers so he rolled with the punches. It prepared him for the future, as that has been the case in its entire life. Tony had very few 'true' friends, those who actually were his friends because of him and not because of who he was or what he had or what his last name was. Happy, Rhodie, Pepper, the Avengers... those were the only ones. The rest... it was just to get something from him. The women, same deal. But again, he always rolled with the punches. As much as he would deny it 'till his dying breath, Tony liked to please everyone because it made him feel – artificially, he knew – that he was needed, that people really liked him when in reality he knew this was not the case.

He took his sunglasses off and stared at Kitty when she opened the door, giving her that patented Stark amused look. While she spoke, he decided that it was a bad idea to take the glasses off, as now they didn't cover his eyes, who were sizing her up and down. He couldn't help it, she looked... wow. Those legs... focus, Tony! Dude, he was still Tony! No matter how down and out he felt, he was still the same womanizing asshole he has always been! True, his attraction to Kitty Pryde was based more on her smarts – she was brilliant – but there was no denying that she was also physically attractive and he wasn't blind! He tried to hide his lecherous look and focused on smiling. He was going to say something when she went on a flurry of words that somehow made a sentence and then was interrupted by... the kid. Tony once again stared at the short woman with an amused smile when he heard the kid calling her out on her lack of courtesy. “From the mouth of babes...” He said, quoting the Bible, which was strange because... Tony quoting the Bible?

He stepped in and was going to say something... again... when Kitty zoomed away from him, to the kid, who apparently was named Terry. Shaking his head, he took a good look at the school. It had a very old English vibe, like those manors he has seen in BBC TV Series. Not Stark's cup of tea – Ha! Get it? Cup of tea? Because... Britain? – as he was more a futurist than a sucker for old things. But to each their own. He wondered where would have been the place for him to give the speech, as this manor was huge, but it didn't look as if they had an convention hall or anything as such. So taken he was by the place that he heard nothing of the conversation Katherine was having with the kid named Terry, who looked so Irish it was almost stereotypical.

Kids Tony was never in need of those. That was another point of contention between himself and Pepper. He knew he would not make a good father and he wasn't going to give her that. It was hard enough to keep her safe, imagine having a family. No way in hell. Besides, kids were messy and noisy and they smell. Sure, cute when they were babies, but people kinda forgot that eventually they would grow up and become asshole adults. Look at Parker! Tony has taken the role of father figure for the little shit and it was not fun! Beside, Tony was a father already, to a moody, arrogant, rude A.I. named Friday. That was all he needed. He wondered what Kitty thought about having a son or a daughter? Not that he was worried about it... if she wanted one, he would probably not be the one that would be the father of it. He was too old for that nonsense.

So enthralled he was with his surroundings and his thoughts that he didn't notice the redhead kid approaching him. He turned around when she asked him a question. “Eh? Oh, yeah... I suppose you can say I am rich. As for your question, you already asked it... but you can have another.” He said and looked at Kitty, pleading with his eyes, as to beg the short woman take him away from the redhead monster. But her next question actually made Tony laugh. This kid was actually quite acute, albeit a bit of a pain in the ass. He looked at Kitty, that snobbish, infuriating smirk of his, the one he was sure Kitty hated, splattered all over his lips. “Well, that is an excellent question. I can't. But I don't think Professor K is interested in my money... I am not sure what she is interested in.” He said and then. “Tell you what? If your leave K and I alone for a little while, I'll give you one of my cars.”

Terry shrugged and walked away, speaking over her shoulder. “I don't have a driver's license.” Tony chuckled and walked to a flabbergasted 'Professor K'. “Well, that was interesting. Are all your students like that? It most be so much fun!” He said, that damn smirk still on his lips, like the one he always had when he won an argument with her. “By the way, I did see the undies. Naughty you. You never cease to amaze me... but now, ain't you going to show me around?” He said and started walking toward the main hall.

I.. Am... Iron... Man
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0

PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 06:30 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

No way! No way could Kitty have rescued Tony from this kid’s clutches, anymore than she could have rescued herself. “Well, she’s Jewish” Terry pointed out when he dismissed the possibility of her being interested in his money, “They kind of have a rep for that sort of thing. That’s why the Nazis hated them so much” the red head shrugged and that was it as far as the gangly brunette was concerned. There was no more toeing the line, and no more backing down. “Oh my shish kabob, Theresa Cassidy Rourke, which is a name that’s entirely too long, you did not just say that!” Kitty exclaimed, and came close to stamping her feet.

“Well, it’s not exactly a lie –” but she didn’t permit Terry to say another word, and cut her off right there and then, “It was propaganda! Bullshit, like everything else they said about everyone else that wasn’t them. In short, it wasn’t anymore true than anything the English say about the Irish” Kitty vehemently explained, a little too vehemently. Finally, the desired effect had been accomplished, further cemented by Tony’s offer of a car, to which the red head replied “I don't have a driver’s license… but I’ll take the value of the car in cash”. The little brat was gone, and had taken her vile tongue with her, now all the gangly brunette had to do was shrug off what she had said, and wind herself back down.

Easier said than done, but Tony managed to help in his own unique way. Brazen as she had been in her text exchanges with him, now that he was here, standing in her doorway one minute and standing in front of her the next, she wasn’t long becoming somewhat reserved. Kitty could remember him as a kid, watching him on the telly, or reading about him in one of her Dad’s magazines. Carmen Pryde hadn’t necessarily been an engineer, but he had been a mechanic, which he felt was close enough, and certainly close enough for his daughter to be exposed to the likes of Tony Stark from a young age. Back then, that was the person she wanted to be, not the one involved in any war efforts, but the one that invented and created.

If she didn’t know it then, she knew it by the time she got her first lego set, courtesy of her Dad, and his love of Star Wars. They’d spent hours assembling that Death Star. It was still sitting there, in her living room back home, on top of her mother’s china cabinet, a sum of the parts that made up her and her father. Kitty had been tempted to bring it back to the mansion with her when she’d received the recommendation to MIT, but decided it was better off at home, that way, at least her Mom had both of them there. Her husband and daughter. The gangly brunette’s aspirations at the time were beyond the scope of what most people like her were interested in, and the only time she could recall not having to fight to achieve them was when she came here. Theresa hadn’t been particularly supportive of her daughter’s desires, and would have much preferred for her to pursue dancing.

Her Dad had been encouraging, but her Mom ruled the roost, and what encouragement he offered her, she had a tendency to stifle. He didn’t like conflict, and so strived to avoid it at every turn. The professor fostered her interests, though, and not in the silent way her father had done, but in an active capacity. Kitty put it down to him, that she had made it this far in her pursuits, from teaching computer science here, to attending MIT. It had been her dream ever since she discovered Tony Stark, but she never dared to dream she would actually meet him someday, until a few month’s ago, when he hosted that lecture at MIT. She had been a huge bundle of nerves then, and was only a smaller bundle of them now.

“Uh… yeah, sure, just lemme toss this shiz first” Kitty nodded down at the basket in her hands, and once she had relieved herself of it by way of racing in the direction of the laundry room, and dumping the contents into the nearest washing machine, she was soon racing back to him again. “So, whatcha wanna see first, and don’t say my bedroom!” her index finger shot up in a playfully disapproving manner, “Ooooh, I know where I can show you first!” she exclaimed, and unconsciously took him by the hand to lead him in the direction of the side entrance to the west of the building, just passed Dr. Grey’s office, and down the path toward the boathouse. “Remember what I was telling you, about the boathouse, the project in the making, well…”

Kitty presented it to him, in a very ‘tada!’ fashion, “Isn’t it the most beautiful wreck you’ve ever laid your eyes on!?” the gangly brunette said, in an almost wistful fashion.

words: 847. tagged: TONY STARK.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 07:11 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
33 posts
Eagle
alias

835 WORDS
NOTES: Worst Tony post ever! //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/sad.gif
Shoot To Thrill

Tony observed the whole exchange amused but also with great interest. Katherine seemed to get flustered by that teenage devil of an Irish. He even scoffed when she commented that she rather would have the money instead of a car. Tony was willing to pay her off if it meant making her leave Kitty and him alone, but she left on her own accord and thank God for small miracles. It reinforced the notion in Tony that he could never be a dad and in a way it made him understand how much of a pain in the ass he must have been to Maria and Howard Stark, especially during his rebellious years as a teenager. One that was already in college and earning degrees at an historical rate. It also brought painful memories of the last time he saw them alive... him acting the asshole, his father acting the authority figure and his mom acting the peacemaker. The more things changed the more they stayed the same...

“You do know I have a laundromat at Stark Tower, right? State of the art, fully automatic. Hell, poetic justice if Friday was the one doing your laundry!” He said after her, as she ran off with the basket, smirking but also following her with his eyes. Damn she looked hot. As much as Tony respected and admired Katherine's amazing and brilliant mind and her plucky and nerdy attitude, he was a dude and he could not help noticing that she was quite attractive so of course he was going to have wandering eyes. Sue him! As he waited for her he noticed that the school didn't have a lot of students around until he realized that it was summer, so most of them were probably already back home for the holidays. He did see one here and another there, most of them staring at him with indifference. Tough room he thought as he stood there.

“Well, you took away my first choice. I wanted to go to your room just for scientific purposes, to study you in your habitat.” He replied when she was back. “But fine, I'll work harder the next time.” He then followed her as she dragged him by the hand and led him to an exit, not allowing him to have a good look at the place. Tony didn't mind, this was one of the things he liked about Kitty. She was so full of energy and life it was contagious. She mentioned the boathouse and he had a vague recollection of them talking about it, on one of their many 'dates' after he was her guest speaker on that MIT conference. They began to go out and he remembered she speaking, over strawberry cheesecake, about how much of a pain in the ass building that thing was. Another thing he liked about her was that she wasn't pretentious. Their dates consisted in them going to some cheap restaurant and stuffing their faces with unhealthy goodness! Their last 'date', which he went to Massachusetts to pick her up for it, was him taking her to an AC/DC concert. He had a V.I.P. area at Madison Square Garden so they watched the concert in style. He wasn't sure if she liked it or not, but he had a blast! Shoot to Thrill, baby!

He removed his glasses to stare at the mess in front of him. She was not even close, the word 'wreck' didn't make it justice. “That suppose to be a boathouse?” He asked, walking closer and looking at it. “And wait... correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the name 'boathouse' imply that it should be close to a body of water and... you know... have a boat around?” He asked and took a closer look. The foundation was all wrong and the walls... wait? Was that that different types of wood? It was a miracle the thing hadn't collapsed yet. He was going to give her the bad news that she might have to do it all over again when a gruff voice interrupted him. “Who's this?” Tony turned around to see a short, stocky man with sideburns that were almost comical walking towards them, his hand covered in grease, almost as much as the rag he was using to clean them. “Wait... I know you.” The man said, his face a mask of complete disdain. “You are that rich asshole that is always on TV acting the fool.” Tony also noticed that the dude was starring at Kitty's hand holding Stark's. “Mind explaining what is he doing here, Katherine?”

Here we go... Tony thought, thinking that this dude was either Kitty's family member or worse, someone who also liked her in a 'what are you doing with my girl?' sort of way. “Well, as you seem to know who I am, then I don't need to introduce myself. Take it away, Kitty.” He looked at Katherine, wondering how this would turn out.

I.. Am... Iron... Man
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jun 17 2018, 06:08 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

“Why do you keep doing that?” Kitty questioned, both seriously, and amusedly. “First the thing with the mortgage, about talking to the bank on my behalf, and now the… laundry?” she giggled. “I know you’re like this big superhero these days, practically the leader of the Avengers, and maybe it’s just in you to look after people” something she understood more than he knew “but you don’t need to look after me. Really the gangly brunette pointed out, emphasized. If only he knew just how much he didn’t have to look after her. She’d toyed with the idea of telling him a few times, but every time she did, the Accords occurred to her, and she stopped dead in her tracks.

It was an unusual position for Kitty to be in, hiding what she was. Sure, there were many people who didn’t know she was a mutant, most she’d attended college with certainly didn’t know, but she hadn’t actively chosen to hide that fact from them. It just never entered the equation, but with Mr. Stark, she was doing precisely that, to the extent she was going out of her way to keep it hidden. Anytime things got a little too close for comfort between the pair, she had to double back. As proficient a grasp as she had on her powers, there were some aspects of them that still remained beyond her control during certain… moments. It had happened once. She’d phased the whole way through the bed, and through the floor, only to fall into the room below. Thank goodness the duvet had phased with her, otherwise, things might have gotten a whole lot more embarrassing.

It was just a matter of getting used to it, but the thing was, Kitty wasn’t really one for sleeping around, or relationships for that matter. They generally didn’t last longer than a few months, which meant the intimate side of things wasn’t something she was likely to get used to, ever. So, what that meant for her and Stark, she could only determine with time. Now was not the time for him to learn what she was, that much she was certain about, as for whether or not there would ever be a time, she didn’t know. She hoped there would. She hoped she’d be able to ‘come out’, as it were, someday to him, and not immediately put herself and her associates at risk. That was another thing, there was nothing stopping someone like Stark from drawing conclusions, and what if he drew his own conclusions with regards to the school where she lived and worked, and she put others in the line of fire?

She had to consider all of this, and weigh up all those options, even if it went against her moral code, keeping the knowledge of her mutant status from him was the only way forward for the time being. Mutant and proud, there weren’t many things Kitty found herself agreeing with as far as Erik Lehnsherr was concerned, but that was one of them. For the greater good, she had to swallow that pride, and keep her powers at bay. Her distance too, to a certain extent. Holding hands, that she was capable of, and did, as she led Mr. Stark out of the mansion, and down to the boathouse. “The lake’s right there!” she pointed, frustratedly, it might not have been the biggest body of water, but it was still water. He was right about the lack of boats, she had to concede.

“Well, it is a bit of a hazard right now…” Kitty admitted, “Best to keep all methods of transportation away from it, don’t want anyone getting any ideas about, you know, going anywhere near it. I mean, the damn thing is one column away from becoming the Titanic, minus the iceberg” the gangly brunette shrugged, and then, Mr. Logan crept out of… somewhere. Seriously, the guy could pass for a ninja at the best of times, which she supposed made sense, given the training he had passed down to her. Oddly enough, she actually flinched when he called her ‘Katherine’, “I never thought I’d say this, but I actually prefer it when you call me half-pint” she commented, looking between the two men before making the introductions herself.

“Mr. Stark, this is Mr. Logan, he’s one of our professors here, teaches art” Kitty grinned, and “And Logan, this is Tony Stark, you know, Stark Industries, the Avengers, all that jazz” she explained, as the rag in his hand, the grease covering both, swallowed her attention, and an opportunity suddenly presented itself. “Oooh, you need help with whatever you’re working on?” she asked, only she wasn’t so much asking, as offering right out of the gate, seeing the potential for the two to bond over a possible mechanical endeavour.

words: 820. tagged: TONY STARK.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 19 2018, 06:47 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
33 posts
Eagle
alias

852 WORDS
NOTES: It's rubbish, I know.
Shoot To Thrill

He couldn't help it. If anyone would have told Stark five years before that he would start caring about people and trying to solve their problems and be all 'mushy' about friendships and romance and all that jazz... he would have laughed in their faces. Tony was a 'me, myself, and I' guy back in those days, which was fitting as he was from the 'me, myself, and I' generation. The 80s were the time when “greed was good” as that movie, 'Wall Street', pointed out brilliantly back then. Although Tony has never been greedy about money – mainly because he grew up in a wealthy family – he was greedy about other things. One of those things was acceptance... he was always trying to be accepted by others and making a mess out of it in the process. Pepper used to tell him that he had his heart in the right place but his mind and his mouth always got in the way. Not to mention his actions...

However, he admitted that ever since the Battle of New York, he had been different. He finally was part of a group, part of something bigger than himself and had developed a sort of attachment to the people he cared about. Oh, his asshole-ish persona was still there, but it was mostly to keep up with appearance and not out of malice. It also helped that most of the time he had to always look out for Pepper... she was a normal woman in a world that now had people with superhuman abilities... and not all of them were heroes. And because her association with him, she always was a target. It was one of the things that made him regret that he told the world her was Iron Man... he painted a huge target on himself and those he cared about by doing so. “When you stop calling me Mr. Stark. Howard was Mr. Stark... I am Tony. It is kinda freaky when you call me Mr. Stark when we are... mind in the gutter!”

That was another thing he was also doing subconsciously. Anytime things got a little too close for just 'friends' between them, he doubled back. Those moments were becoming more and more usual. That never had happened to him before. It was not that he didn't find Katherine attractive, she was extremely so. And it wasn't because he didn't want her... he did. It was that he had become so self-conscious about his limitations as a person that prevented him to go with the flow. Five years before that would not have happened at all, but now, he was... even then... trying to look out for her. Anything or anyone Tony touched, it turned to ashes. But the question was... why then he was still going out with her? The answer was simple: He enjoyed her company and he actually liked her a lot. It was a lose-lose situation for him. On the one hand, if he cut it out, he lost that spark that Kitty brought to his life. On the other hand, if he continued, he would be continuously plagued by the self-doubt and self-loathing he felt for himself, which ultimately would lead her to leave him. He was between a rock and a hard place.

But at that moment it was not the time for this self-evaluation. He kept his sardonic eyes on the guy that just appeared out of nowhere. When Kitty announced him as one of the teachers, Tony almost scoffed. Yeah, right! A teacher his ass! The guy looked more like one of those rednecks that watched 'wrasslin' eating a TV Dinner, with one TV on top of a broken one and called his car 'Lucille' or something. Although, on that Tony could not talk... as he called every invention of his by some dumb name or another, but whatever! For some reason the dude didn't like him... but that fair enough. Not a lot of people did. But to Tony, his reasons not to like him were summed up with one thing... or person: Kitty. She had told him that she liked older dudes, but Stark didn't think this got to do with some romantic triangle bullshit. It seemed more like the dude saw himself as a father figure or something for Katherine. It could have been interesting if Stark would have given a fuck about it.

“I don't need help with anything. It's just that Scott's car is a piece of shit and its leaking oil. And you haven't answer my question.” The guy named 'Logan' said and eyed Tony. “Why is he here and what's that...” He motioned at Kitty's hand still holding Stark's. “...all about? I just hope it's nothing... because... and no offense, bub... but you look like you could be her grandfather.” He said and Tony's eyes went wide. Grandfather? Seriously?! Not older brother or distant uncle from her mother's side twice removed but... Grandfather? He was only twenty years older than Katherine... which granted, he could have been her father at least, but grandfather? Seriously? Still, he noticed Kitty lame attempt at trying to shift things into less dangerous territory, so Tony tried to oblige her. “Well, perhaps... but it seems you do need help. In more ways than one, I might add, but just on a mechanical standpoint, it seems you go more grease on your hands than the car has. I am pretty handy fixing things.” He said but in that smug, condescending way that was a Tony Stark special.

Although, the last thing he wanted was to help this fool. He just wanted to take Katherine and leave.

I.. Am... Iron... Man
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0

PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jun 24 2018, 04:56 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

“What question? Oh, what he’s doing here, um… yeah! Well, he’s here to pick me up, now that college is over and done with for a few months. ‘Congrats’, by the way, half-pint, is what you’re meant to say. A ‘welcome home’ wouldn’t go amiss either” Kitty pointed out, “’least give me the impression you missed me before shifting into protective brother and or father mode” the gangly brunette added, before he did precisely that by referencing the status of her hand, clasped in Mr. Starks, and she just couldn’t help herself. She immediately adopted a serious facial expression, and a serious tone of voice to go with it, before breaking the news to her favourite teacher and X-Men – after Ms. Munroe, of course.

“Mr. Logan” Kitty cleared her throat for effect, and drew herself closer to Mr. Stark in the process, “There’s something I need to tell you, I, we” she glanced up at Mr. Stark, again, for effect, “We’re pregnant” one, two, three, four, five. For all of five seconds, the gangly brunette kept up the pretence, before her face and voice both gave way, and snorted out a fit of laughter. She could only hope Mr. Logan had bought into it, at least for three of those seconds, but chances were, lie detector that he was, he didn’t believe it for a single one. “Jeez, Mr. Logan, what does it look like it’s about” once she stopped laughing, she sighed.

“Grandfather, really, we’re playing that card?” Kitty asked, arched eyebrow, not in the least bit impressed, as if he had a leg to stand on when it came to highlighting the age of other people. The gangly brunette so wanted to throw the fact out there that for however many years Mr. Stark was older than her, Mr. Logan was even older than Dr. Grey, and to hell with relativity, she was almost twenty-five. At least, Tony was mature enough to actually continue her efforts at bridge building, or olive branching, or whatever. He offered to help the rabid wolverine with his mechanical woes, and she was only too eager to throw more of her weight behind that idea.

“And so am I! OK, not so much cars, but I could totally watch, and cheer you guys on from the side-lines. There’s beer involved, right? Of course there is, there always is where Mr. Logan is concerned” Kitty grinned, and released her hold on Mr. Stark’s hand to walk back in the direction of the garage, which was way off, on the other side of the mansion grounds. Still, once there, she didn’t waste a second diving for the beer packaging, and wrangling one of the bottles free. She wasn’t exactly keen on beer herself, much preferring spirits, but if alcohol was good for anything, it was fostering friendships. It might have also had the potential to create animosity, but she choose to overlook that small detail for now.

Once she’d managed to discreetly phase the cork off – because fuck that! She was not one of those girls who was willing to part with her teeth to yank it off – Kitty stooped down to pluck two more bottles from the packaging to offer to Mr. Logan and Mr. Stark. “So, oil leak” the gangly brunette wasn’t long determining which vehicle was posing the issue, the cola coloured puddle rather gave it away, “What went and caused that?” she asked, about to approach the pool, when she glanced down at her dress, and quickly had a rethink. She really liked this dress, which meant a pair of overalls were in order, and after she’d had another guzzle from the beer, she went to fetch a pair. Of course, they just had to be blue.

“Are we looking at a problem with the gasket, oil pan, or seal?” Kitty questioned, ticking off the most common causes of leakages, as she crouched down to peer under the vehicle, trying determine where exactly the oil was coming from. “You know, this chick in my Microelectronic Devices and Circuits class once decided to use a tampon to stop her car leaking oil” she giggled as she looked up at the two men, trying to diffuse the tension, “Yeah… that didn’t work…” she added, both humorously, and nervously, as the gangly brunette remembered what happened when said classmate decided to spark up a few miles down the road, “She’s not in my Microelectronic Devices and Circuits class anymore” she elaborated on a more final note.

“So, I’m thinking, no on the tampon front?” Kitty asked.

words: 762. tagged: TONY STARK.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
JAMES 'LOGAN' HOWLETT
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 08:22 AM
X-Men
online status
codename
13 posts
Eagle
alias

856 WORDS
NOTES: //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
I'm Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do...

If there was someone that was an expert at deflection, it was Katherine Pryde. The woman knew how to turn things around by just talking up a storm and changing topic so fast that made Logan's head spin. It was an uncanny ability and one James did not appreciate. Notice how she didn't answer his question while acting as she did and then expertly changed the subject and made him look as if he was a douchebag for not missing her or welcoming her home. For a moment, if the Half-Pint and that asshole Stark were indeed an item as he suspected, it made Logan feel sorry for the guy. But it was just for a moment and it passed quickly. The thought of that fool getting his grubby paws all over Kitty made Logan simmer with anger. The Wolverine had a lot of flaws, and one of the main ones was that he was quite protective, especially concerning women that he cared about. In his long story... that was one of his pitfalls.

Another unfortunate trait Katherine had was that she always made a joke out of everything. This was not a joke. Logan didn't approve of her seeing an old fucktart who also happened to be an arrogant piece of shit billionaire with delirium of grandeur. But instead of taking the whole situation with the seriousness that it merited... no... she decided to make a joke. A bad one. Kitty should have known that Logan would detect that she was lying. “Don't be coy with me. I know you are lying and you know why? Because you opened your mouth and words came out if it.” The problem Logan had with Kitty was that... no matter what she did or said, he could never be angry with her. He had taking a liking of the insolent runt and saw her as if she was his cub and part of his pack, hence why he was acting as the irate father meeting his daughter's date for the first time.

“What does it look like? Like a rich jackass taking advantage of that to put the moves on a younger woman!” Logan knew he was going a bit too far. Katherine was a grown woman, a professional with a career and goals. As much as she sometimes infuriated him, she was dependable and a good person. He had no right to be so mad. But... but... but... He couldn't help it. Even if they were not seeing each other, James would have despised Stark anyway. He was everything Logan hated: a wealthy wanker that thought he was God's give to humanity. He wondered how many women Stark had seen and then disregarded or forgotten... not realizing that the same thing could be said about Logan. But... but... but... in his case was different! His memory was Swiss cheese, he didn't purposely forgot them. Yeah... that was his excuse and he was sticking to it!

He was going to bark at Stark's offering to help him when Kitty interjected. Were they mad? Logan didn't need no help fixing Scott's shitty car and thank you very much. Sure, the car was in that state because Logan, as he decided to take it for a spin, really rode it hard. Then he realized that Kitty was doing what Kitty did best... deflection. Damn woman! She was smoothly, once again, changing subject to misdirect him. He wonder how Kitty would have fare if someone like Romanoff trained her in spy shit. This was shit that woman would pull! “Look, both of you. I don't need any...” he was cut, once again, by Katherine as she walked away from them and towards the garage. The two men stood there for a moment, not knowing what to do. The damn half-pint walked fast as well. Logan decided – much to his chagrin – to play along, but not before pointing a greasy finger at Stark. “I don't like you. And I like it even less that you are dating her.” He said and then walked after Kitty.

He reluctantly took the bottle from her and unscrewed it. “What caused it? That the car is as shitty as its owner.” It was no secret in the Mansion that Scott and Logan were not card carrying members of each other's fan club. Logan tried, he really did, to get along with the younger man, but there was a bit of a problem... it was hard to get along with the man that had a girlfriend Logan was attracted to... especially when everyone and their dogs knew this. Of course, it had not gone farther than flirting – mostly on her part and curse Jean for it – but that was enough. Then Logan let out a groan as Katherine went for her second unfortunate trait: Talk about nonsense ad nauseum. She was always talking about silly things. Like she was doing at that moment with that whole 'tampon' story. “Are you sure you and that kid Terry are not related?” He said and then frowned when Stark chimed in...

...but what I do best isn't very nice.
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 08:25 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
33 posts
Eagle
alias

670 WORDS
Shoot To Thrill

Stark tried to keep a straight face when Katherine decided to be coy with the damn troglodyte in front of them and saying that she was pregnant. It would have been a bit difficult for her and Stark to be expecting when... well... they haven't gone farther than first base when they have been together. Which by the way, this has been the first time since his days in boarding school that Tony has gone this far without at least reaching second base. And was not for lack of chances. Sure, they had kissed and cuddle, mostly while watching some sci-fi TV series or whathaveyou, but every single time things got heated and at the border of going farther, he pulled back, which led to some awkward smiles and chuckles and... well... moments. Still, she being so witty and irreverent was one of the things about her that attracted him.

He noticed, though, that the man named Logan did not buy it for one second. It was strange, as Tony thought Kitty played it quite well and convincingly. He chucked that one on perhaps Logan knowing Kitty so well that he could tell when she was full of shit. Perhaps. Tony was going to interject when Kitty asked what did it look like, but decided to keep his peace and let her handle the awkward situation. But it looked to him like they were a couple, or at least friends with benefits without the... well... benefits? Something like that. Tony needed to gain his swag back in a hurry or he would lose Kitty too! That would not be a good thing for his ego, not to mention him personally considering how useless and crappy he felt about himself.

He put that genius mind of his to use as he observed the interaction between Katherine and the dude. There was something strange about the man, besides being a dick. He looked no older than Stark was, but... the eyes. They eyes looked as if they had witnessed a lot of shit through the years. A former soldier? He had the look, although he was shorter than most soldiers Stark has met. Maybe a former paratrooper? They were shorter and stockier. He raised his eyes, amused, when Logan accused him of using his money and influence into alluring women to his lair. It was a fair point. But he made it sound so sleazy. Stark was a celebrity, whether he liked it or not and hence... it was par for the course. But nothing was further from the truth in regards of Kitty. “You forgot my genius intellect. That too seem to be a chick magnet. Not to mention I am the only person in existence that has his own talking building.” he retorted, always the sarcastic asshole.

As he watched Kitty fleeing the site of her 'crime', he listened to Logan's opinion of him and shrugged. “Well, its sad, as I really love you. I thought we could be friends and watch 'wrassling' together, have a few brewskys and then go out and drag our knuckles.” He replied and then too followed Katherine. He saw the car and he had to admit that Logan was right about one thing... it was a piece of shit. An oily piece of shit. It seemed that the rude dude was not a person who made friends easily, as it seemed he was not in good terms with the car's owner either. What a dick. While Logan showed frustration at Kitty's ramblings, Stark actually laughed. She was such a brat. “Microelectronic Devices and Circuits class, eh? That was the easiest course in the curriculum. That means 'course of study'.” He said for Logan's benefit, just to be equally dick-ish. “And I see the problem. You see there?” He leaned over the hood and showed Logan a distribution hose. “Its tore. All you need to do is replace it... but not with a tampon.” He said and then winked at Kitty.

I.. Am... Iron... Man
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 06:51 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

‘What does it look like? Like a rich jackass taking advantage of that to put the moves on a younger woman!’ Kitty mused on Mr. Logan’s comment for a little longer than she should have, and after she’d bypassed the part of her brain that screamed “Every woman is younger than you!”, she descended into another, rather uncomfortable zone. He might have had the excuse that he was as old as dirt – no one in the mansion, not the professor, not Dr. Grey, could determine exactly how old he was – but his comment pricked at her all the same. It was only a little bit, but it was enough.

The gangly brunette was quite aware of her flaws, chief among them was her immaturity. She might have permitted Mr. Logan his defences based on that, but she was not weak. No one could hurt her unless she allowed it, quite literally. No one could throw a punch in her direction, and hope to make contact if she didn’t want them to. All she had to do was shift to an intangible state, and the damage would pass right through her. Sure, she knew he wasn’t referring to advantages people could physically take of her, but she still liked to think she had a smart head on her shoulders, and she certainly wasn’t prepared to let anyone hurt her again like Piotr had done.

Indeed, ever since she was a teenager, she had surrounded herself with a wall, one so dense even she struggled to phase through it. Kitty had never truly gotten over what happened between her and Piotr, and rejection had cast a rather large shadow over the future of every relationship she had become embroiled in since, which ensured the gangly brunette made damn sure she knew what she was getting into, and it was not something that would sucker punch her confidence again. It wasn’t just getting hurt that made sure she aired on the side of caution, but she prided herself on being a secure individual, and no one, no man or woman was going to make her feel like that ever again.

Kitty knew where that caution started, but she had yet to determine where it ended. Most of the relationships she’d been in hadn’t lasted long enough for her to learn, and usually fizzled out by now. What made Mr. Stark the exception? Well, she had yet to jump into bed with him, for starters. That and, dare she say it, they actually had quite a lot in common. The only other person the gangly brunette had this much in common with was her best friend, Doug. He hadn’t been friend zoned either – she freakin’ hated that term! But for all the immaturity she acknowledged she possessed, she had a tendency to gravitate toward more mature individuals.

But, she did draw a line at the likes of Mr. Summers. Now, there was an individual that was too old for her. “Oh… no you didn’t!” Kitty gasped as Mr. Logan questioned her relation to Terry, “I am many, many things, but Irish, or pretending to be in most American cases, that… that I am not!” her index finger shot up in a threatening fashion before the rabid wolverine, “I may be one hundred percent not American, but at no point in time did my family tree get rained on by the Celts! We had deserts to cross, man…” the gangly brunette groaned.

At least Kitty could be reassured, or she thought she could, that Mr. Stark’s sarcasm wouldn’t see him being skewered by adamantium. Mr. Logan would have reserved that kind of judgement for when she was out of sight, so she would very much remain in sight while things remained tumultuous between the pair. She wondered how many beers would be required for that? Probably too many in Mr. Stark’s case, and way too many in Mr. Logan’s. She was pretty sure he couldn’t get drunk, that it was a quirk of his abilities. After all, eliminating toxins from the body was another from of regeneration, and alcohol was considered very much a toxin.

Mr. Stark proceeded to pick up where she left on in poking the bear, or poking Mr. Logan, playing the ‘dick’ card, before explaining the problem the car was posing. “See, all you gotta do is replace that hose… thingie…” Kitty backed up Mr. Stark’s point, trying to sound like she knew what she was talking about, and failing in spectacular fashion. What gave it away? Her use of the word ‘thingie’, for starters. “So, what we gotta do that doesn’t require a tampon?” she grinned, only too keen to get down to business, even going so far as to rub her hands together in a gleeful fashion. She might not have been an expert when it came to mechanics, but her Dad had been, and she just loved fixing things. She probably got it from him…

words: 827. tagged: TONY STARK.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 07:36 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
33 posts
Eagle
alias

766 WORDS
Shoot To Thrill

He listened a bit to Katherine's rant about not being Irish and Tony couldn't do anything else but chuckle for a moment before chiming in. “I have an Irish A.I. Well, sort off. She has the attitude of a rabid raccoon, but that's neither here or there.” He said but in his mind he was thinking something else. He was going through Logan's words to him. Was that it? Was he taking advantage of Kitty? It would not be the first time he has done something like that. Exploit his fame and fortune for some fun in bed. Plenty of women have fallen for that. But that was the thing... he hasn't taken Kitty to bed, in fact he has, in a way, avoided. And that kinda frustrated him. Why not? There were times when they were alone that he wanted nothing more than to take her clothes off and enjoy her... and yet... he always put a wall in front of him to prevent him.

But he realized that Kitty was more than physical attraction. When they shared a private moment together... in between the witty banters or sarcasms or never-ending ramblings... there were quiet moments between them, just laying on a couch or on his bed, eating junk food and watching some show or movie they both enjoyed and those moments were awesome. He remembered plenty of times she has stayed with him and fallen asleep in his bed and he had tucked her in and went to work on his lab, not disturbing her. She has been, steadily, bringing his life some semblance of normalcy back after all the shit that seemed to have been following him ever since he made his first Iron Man suit. He never thought that he would find someone that could fill Pepper's place in his life, but behold... it seemed he had.

Then why hasn't he taken the next step?

Some of it might have to do that the always self-confident Tony had lost that confidence in himself. He have had a long string of bad decisions and that has shaken him something awful. He could not believe that what they had could be more than just a friendship, regardless of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It was clear that there was a massive attraction between himself and Katherine, and yet he wanted to believe that she was just hanging with him because she was a nerd just like him. Logan was right in what he said, unfortunately. Tony felt that he was indeed to old, to set in his 'Iron Man' ways to give Kitty a proper relationship, one that would make her happy. She was a normal lady that didn't need to get mixed up with someone that basically had a massive target painted on his back.

“Eh... buy a new hose and replace the old one?” Stark said in a feigned bewilderment. He noticed that Logan was not too happy of been out-mechanic in front of Kitty and that made Tony gave him an evil grin. Logan, without saying a word, took out the hose, got his jacket and keys and walked to his bike, but not before saying something over his shoulders to Kitty. “You and I will have a conversation later, Half-Pint.” He said, revved the bikes engines and off he went. Tony turned to Katherine. “Nice meeting him too. Is he going to send you to your room without supper? That would suck, I had plans with you that also involved a bedroom but also supper.” See, this was the problem. Tony was thinking all those things about himself and Kitty and yet he has to flirt with her. There was no understanding the man. “You sure have interesting friends, colleagues and students. Got anymore of those you'll like to introduce so they too hate me or shall we get going?” He said in that obnoxious tone of his and grinned.

I.. Am... Iron... Man
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0
PM
^
KATHERINE PRYDE
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 04:30 PM
X-Men
online status
codename
35 posts
maggie
alias

HEAR ME ROAR

‘You and I will have a conversation later, Half-Pint’ the whole interaction might not have meant much to Logan, but it would have meant something to Kitty, that was, if he tried. It was, in a way, her version of introducing her boyfriend to her parents, because there was no way Mr. Stark was ever going to meet Theresa Pryde. In any case, the gangly brunette viewed the X-Men as more of a family than what was left of the one back in Illinois, nothing against her mother, but she had always been closer to her father growing up. Add to that, the fact the school and those that resided there had been there for her through the most important years of her life, not that that was her mom’s fault either, it just happened to put them centre stage. She wouldn’t ever admit it, it was a pride thing, but with the professor gone, the people that filled that centre? Well, Ms. Munroe, and yes, Mr. Logan. She liked Dr. Grey and Mr. Summers well enough, but they didn’t occupy as close a place in her heart (cringe!).

“Yeah, much later…” she mumbled as Mr. Logan sped off the premises, and “And not like tonight later, more like tomorrow later, or I don’t know, the day after that? Whenever I decide to come back and… a normal person would be out of earshot by now, but he sure as heck isn’t…” Kitty added that last part under her breath as she turned back in the direction of Mr. Stark, “I think I’d prefer you to send me to my room without supper” yes! She did say that out loud, because she knew the Wolverine was still within earshot! “Only, you know…” she immediately proceeded to elaborate because she really did say that out loud, “Not by myself, but with you, and a boxset, and junk food too. Looooove junk food” the sudden nervousness caused her to ramble.

“Well, there’s Mr. Summers. He won’t like you either, and I dread to think what would happen when both him, and Mr. Logan don’t like someone together, besides the universe imploding… anyway, I’ll just go get my stuff, and I’ll be right back” Kitty grinned before doing precisely that, or at least, she got what she could, what with the rest of her stuff having been embroiled in that shampoo related emergency. When she finally did trundle down the stairs again with her overnight bag, and skipped in the direction of the porch, she stopped at the mustard yellow Audi R8 parked at the step, and an idea crept into her head. Then, within a matter of minutes – it would have only taken her seconds, had F.R.I.D.A.Y not decided to be a massive biatch! – she was skidding to a halt in front of the garage, occupying the driver’s seat. A terrifying sight if ever there was one… “By the way, this is me calling dibs on driving” she grinned.

“I tried to stop her, Tony. She said she had a learner’s permit, but after checking the database of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, I think we can safely say your new squeeze is a liar… she’s also got quite a few unpaid parking tickets to her name, just saying…” F.R.I.D.A.Y pointed out, “You know what they call women like you, F.R.I.D.A.Y? Bunny boilers!” Kitty pointed out in turn, “And you know what they call women like you? Criminals!” the A.I. retorted.

words: 583. tagged: TONY STARK.

of caution 2.0

PM
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jul 18 2018, 05:44 AM
Avenger
online status
codename
33 posts
Eagle
alias

971 WORDS
Shoot To Thrill

Tony watched the exchange with curious eyes but also, in a way, with understanding ones. It seemed to him that this Logan fellow missed the point of what Kitty wanted to accomplish. It was clear by now to Stark that Katherine did have a sort of bond with the short and cantankerous brute, like a sort of surrogate daughter relationship with him, and this attempt – half ass as it was, he had to admit – at introducing Stark to him was tantamount to her presenting a date or a boyfriend to a parent. It didn't take a genius – which Tony totally was – to see that what happened bothered her, made even more evident by what she said after the dude left. It was a childish gesture in a way. Katherine was brilliant. Katherine was attractive and sexy as all hell. Katherine made him feel stuff he thought he would never feel again. And Katherine was also a bit of a brat when she wanted to be. He did not judge her... he too, at his age, was considered childish and foolish plenty of times. He just found it amusing.

But he, as said, did understand how it was to try to please a parent or gain their approval – or in this case a father-figure – only to always get the door shut in his face. Howard was like this Logan, in a way. Nothing Tony did was good enough. There was always something to criticize. Tony believed that the reason he excelled so much in academics was so he finally could get out of the house and away from Howard. At age fifteen, he accomplished that and thought that that would be the end of it. However, that was not the case. The shadow of the bigger than life man his father was always followed him... even to this day. “I vote for next month.” He said half joking at she saying that she wasn't sure when she would come back to the School. He would not mind having Kitty around for a month... or more. If for nothing else... when she was around she made him feel good about himself again, something he had not been able to do for a long time.

He was a bit surprised of what she said about been sent to her room. They have flirted and thrown innuendo around each other, but at the same time they both have been quite reticent of taking it further than that. He was not sure what was what made her hesitant about it, but he knew what his reasons were. Stark was afraid, pure and simple. He was afraid that if something happens he wouldn't be able to protect Kitty. Afraid to actually fall for her. Afraid to bring her into a life where he would always be a target, even if he decides to retire from the Avengers... not that he would. He was in a classic Catch-22: whatever decision he'd make would still be the wrong one. If he tried to share what he felt with her, he risked making all those fears become a reality. If he pushed her away, he lost someone that he really fancied and wanted.

“Well, what do you know? I have a month supplies of cheese and chicken Hot Pockets, several cases of beer and the complete Ten seasons of the new Dr. Who. But we also have season two and three of the X-Files.” He said, playing along because that was the only way Tony knew how to address this conflict in his mind about Kitty. “Although... if we eat the Hot Pockets, that kinda defeat the purpose of 'no supper'.” He added, smirking. Finally they were leaving. It wasn't that Tony didn't like the School, but after that redhead Irish student and then Logan, he was not too keen to stick around. He was surprised when he heard the engines of the Audi – he was very adept at recognizing the sound of his toys! – and watched as Kitty pulled to the garage where Tony waited for her. This was another thing that showed how much Tony fancied Katherine... he never let others play with his toys, but she let Kitty do it all the time. This one was no exception.

“I thought I said that you should remain in silent mode, Friday?” He sort of scolded his Artificial Intelligence. Friday's bickering with Kitty was becoming the rule rather than the exception. In fact, the A.I. being always confrontational with basically anyone was something Tony was looking into, because at first it was worrying him. He ran a series of scans and diagnostics and there was nothing wrong in her programming, except that she was doing exactly what she was programmed to do, which was learn, adapt, and develop herself within the fail-safes and parameters he had set. The problem was that she was developing into a nagging wife! He put up with it because... to be honest... he liked her impudent attitude. Not to mention that she was heads above J.A.R.V.I.S. in about every aspect.

“Fine, do not come crying when your gold-digger floozy wrecks your car... and you in the process.” Said Friday and then went silent.

Stark got into the passenger's seat and then shocked himself and most assuredly Kitty as well. He leaned to her and planted a kiss on her lips. Out of the blue. He just decided to do it.

“Ewwwww! Pervy old man!”

“Friday!”

“I know... Silent mode.”

After a moment or two, he moved back and grinned at Kitty. “You know where to. But... eh... please... do not wreck my car or me.” He said... not that jokingly.

I.. Am... Iron... Man
HAYANA OF CAUTION 2.0

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

OUR AFFILIATES
affiliate with us here!
we're listed at:
Marvel Topsites Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers Top RP Sites Forum Roleplay

Forum Roleplay Site RPG-D
sister sites
MCU: Sacred Vows Insaniam
static affiliates
FLAWED GENETICS X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay WHAT WE CHOOSE

Only Super We Are Warriors

Age of Heroes Marvel Heroes RPG Exalted Kingdoms
scrolling affiliates
ideal world  photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg Δrk City Fortify - Young Justice and DC
TUDORS SAGA
skinned by missy at caution and shine.

NOTICE!

attention, guests!

INFINITE DREAMS is a moderate to intermediate, mature role-playing site where we pick up from where Captain America: Civil War left off and into a future where the Infinity Stones shall come in play.

Please be sure and read everything contained within the INFO section of our site.

For guests with any questions, kindly note that a majority of the staff team reside on the continent of Europe, putting them in the GMT +1 and GMT timezones. This will make them uncontactable for various reasons, in particular, during the night. If the section as referenced above fails to answer your questions, we would advise patience in waiting for members of administration to revert, or post your questions in the Q&A for a more in depth response.

[close]